Search similar:

uniqs

mysterio1
join:2000-09-03
Chicago, IL

mysterio1 to snapcase$

to snapcase$

Re: File Sharing Poll

MORPHEUS is king, Im tired of being quede by wimx its pretty much a useless program, it actually could have been a good program if people actually shared there file on it.

tlamm
join:2000-10-20
canada

tlamm to snapcase$

to snapcase$
Morpheus all the way (even though it locks up on my win2k machine now and then). Winmx is just to slow and I hate the queueing... I'm sure something better will come out in the near future though
rogun
join:2001-04-07
Little Rock, AR

rogun to snapcase$

to snapcase$
A long time ago I tried out every major mp3 file-sharing distribution I could find and at that time I considered AudioGnome to be far better than any of the others. I believe AudioGnome had just been released at that time. Since then I haven't kept up with what's available, but I did look at Morpheus a while back and it looked nice, which brings me to a question. For some reason I'm thinking there was something scary about Morpheus, but I don't remember what it was. Does anyone have an idea what I'm talking about?
rogun

rogun to snapcase$

to snapcase$
A long time ago I tried out every major mp3 file-sharing distribution I could find and at that time I considered AudioGnome to be far better than any of the others. I believe AudioGnome had just been released at that time. Since then I haven't kept up with what's available, but I did look at Morpheus a while back and it looked nice, which brings me to a question. For some reason I'm thinking there was something scary about Morpheus, but I don't remember what it was. Does anyone have an idea what I'm talking about?

GrandFunkRR$
Guitar Player Music Maker
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
FunkU2

GrandFunkRR$ to snapcase$

Premium Member

to snapcase$
Could someone please explain how to set up WinMx? I just bought a Linksys 4 port router (BEFSR41). I love it!! Anyway,before I bought the router I had no probs. Now I'm sad

TravisB

join:2000-02-22
Colorado Springs, CO

TravisB

Might want to post this in a seperate thread, you'd get more responses.

GrandFunkRR$
Guitar Player Music Maker
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
FunkU2

GrandFunkRR$

Premium Member

Will do!

radmish
Hi
join:2000-04-15
Oakland, NJ

radmish to snapcase$

to snapcase$
FTP its the only real way to MP3

Lud
join:2000-08-04
Brooklyn, NY

Lud to snapcase$

to snapcase$
Right now i would mostly go for WinMx

Mrq5
The Fab Four
join:1999-08-21
Warren, MI

Mrq5 to snapcase$

to snapcase$
Man, im surprized AudioGalaxy hasnt been discussed, it truly has been great for me. Has the awesom satelite feature which lets you control your downloads(downloads and much more can be done using web client) FROM ANY PC CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. This allows for tons of freedom and mobility.

So while Im at work I can log into the AG website(no AG software running on work pc) and select all the songs I want. When I get home all my selected songs are magically downloaded on my main pc with AG's satelite running. Also AG has the nice feature of keeping your selections queued until the song you want is available. It really is sweet that AG website is so very well intergrated with the satelite, pretty much once you have satelite installed on main pc you really dont have to touch that pc again if so desired. Basically when you log onto the web site it will scan your home pc where satelite is running and give you a listing of all your shared songs.

Hehe, I love using the AG website to actually play downloaded songs on main PC. While im at work I can scare the daylights out of wife and kids by playing songs on home pc by using the AG controls via the web(again no software install needed when using web client). This works nice while sitting on couch too, since my main pc with AG satelite running has the bomb sound system, can play songs there using the web.

Only problem with AG is its really only a MP3 site, Morpheus also gets my vote since it has everything, not just MP3's.

snapcase$

join:2001-02-20
Purgatory

snapcase$

AudioGalaxy also carries WebHancer spyware...

Mrq5
The Fab Four
join:1999-08-21
Warren, MI

Mrq5

You can remove it, I did.

Dr Bombay
Premium Member
join:2000-06-02

Dr Bombay to snapcase$

Premium Member

to snapcase$
said by Snapcase:
I don't think this is worthy to be placed on the front page but thanks for the suggestion.

i do... »/poll/ ··· swapping
DixieWins
join:2000-11-17
Palm Desert, CA

DixieWins to Kid Bluez

to Kid Bluez

New Napster

IMHO, don't waster your finger power downloading the new napster - there's NOTHING left to download on it. What a sad and pathetic situation. I really miss the old napster.

el scorcho
Cupid Stunt
join:2000-12-01
Brooklyn, NY

el scorcho to snapcase$

to snapcase$

Re: File Sharing Poll

said by Snapcase:
AudioGalaxy also carries WebHancer spyware...
which can easily be deinstalled from the 'add/remove programs' control panel.

i personally don't have one single file-transferring program that i favor over the other. for all of them it comes down to two things - quality/quantity of files, and interface.

the three file transferring apps i use most often are edonkey2000 (which i'm shocked is not on this list), morpheus and winmx. of these all, morpheus has the best interface, winmx has the most searches, but edonkey has the best success rate.

collect them all

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake

MVM

I use to use Napster...Then went to scour exchange when Napster started having legal problems. Scour ended up discontinuing their sharing program and I tried Limeware, or something like that. I found WinMX and have been very happy with it. If I had to choose, I'd prefer scour, but WINMX is getting better.
adeitrich
join:2001-02-27
Chicago, IL

adeitrich to snapcase$

to snapcase$
Are any of these file sharing tools available for Macintosh?

pandrus
join:2001-01-18
Hastings On Hudson, NY

pandrus

how do you vote on this poll?
System

to snapcase$

Anon

to snapcase$
Hotline

Hotline is not exactly the best place to get mp3's, but if you are there to get music videos, or something then Hotline is where you should be. For me Hotline is a place where you can download expensive games, and application for free instead of paying the outrageous prices they have for some software titles.

Anyway, when I found out that Napster was gonna have all these filters I went on a download frenzy trying to get every single song I have ever wanted be for I could no longer. But, now there are still new songs coming out that I would love to have... So I have got to find a new alternative to Napster... Looks like I'm gonna go with WinMX...

Thanks everyone...

Joey [Freedom_930]

to snapcase$

Anon

to snapcase$
Kazaa is the best out there so far. Have not had problems with it crashing or hogging up resources. The interface is user friendly. For music, it allows search by artist, title, album, year, type of music and more. The searches aren't working 100%. You can sometimes find a song on artist search that is unavailable on title search.
I got alot of hits on my more common test songs. The hits are arranged by folders (very useful). Lastly, be careful that your searches can reveal adult materials- try Britney Spears. While this site is a work in progress, I would venture to say it is 90% complete. I believe, it will be better than Napster was at its zenith. The misses are very fixable.
[text was edited by author 2001-06-28 21:02:26]

dj12midnit
Tag You'R It
Premium Member
join:2000-07-28
98284-9568

dj12midnit to snapcase$

Premium Member

to snapcase$
in the last three days i have down loaded 500 Mp3s off of Irc. If you want it they got it why go anywhere else.

georgermct
PERFORMANCE
join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT

georgermct to snapcase$

to snapcase$
I have just recently installed AudioGalaxy and it worked great. Tonight I tried WinMX (so highly recommended) and it totally messed up my computer. I had to uninstall and revert to a previous date. It even made AOL inoperable...I think it messed up my TCP/IP connection or something. I don't think I'll be trying WinMX again soon.

Jpattiso
join:2001-05-02
Tenafly, NJ

Jpattiso to snapcase$

to snapcase$
I just tried WinMX and it is fantastic. Lets just hope it does not go the way of Napster
System

to Anon

Anon

to Anon
[QUOTE=Psycore]Only 10% for IRC? Hehe thats where all the good stuff is! You guys are surely missing out![/QUOTE]
I've heard IRC is a good one, too. But it never will let me log-in.

ddfdfas
@216.98.x.x

ddfdfas to snapcase$

Anon

to snapcase$
use gnucleus, it's 100 times better than WinMX, it quick and easy and is killer for music and movies

»download.cnet.com/downlo ··· .6006301

EnzonE
join:2000-03-23
Indiana, PA

EnzonE to Anon

to Anon
I hear ya d00d! We're not just talking about MP3s here either, all da latest warez!

xsentilx
join:2001-03-25
Winnipeg, MB

xsentilx to snapcase$

to snapcase$
Thanks for the poll! I had only heard about WinMX but didn't know it was so popular! I was only using Morpheus before this. I'm going to go check out WinMX.
System

to snapcase$

Anon

to snapcase$
Where Do I get Morpheus?

Someone in Costco said it was good. I use WINMx- good and BearShare-fair but loved Napster :-(

Dooby
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
The Boonies

Dooby

Premium Member

You can get it here:

»www.musiccity.com

DownMonster
@t-dialin.net

DownMonster to snapcase$

Anon

to snapcase$

How can I use my bandwith?

I´ve DSL - 786kb - and I really can`t use it.
When I start with Download in BearShare, Gnotella or any other filesharing tool, I always download with a max. speed of 10kb...it`s like ISDN!!!
So, does anybody know a program, which uses my whole connection speed??
Another problem is, that all the big downloads don`t start with gnotella.
I don`t know what to do, perhaps anyone can help me,
thx,
LD