spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AuZZZie1
join:2002-10-25
Canada

AuZZZie1

[2K3] gpupdate Issue!

Just did a reinstall on one of my client PC's (2k3 Domain) and for some reason I keep getting the following when I try run gpupdate.
code:

Refreshing Policy...

Failed to refresh User Policy. Error - The system cannot find the file specified. Exiting...

Failed to refresh Computer Policy. Error - The system cannot find the file specified. Exiting...

Any ideas?

Thanks

acehyde
Tired.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-14

acehyde

Premium Member

Is the policy applied to the correct OU?

Is the user a member of the container?

Does the user have read access on the policy?

Is the user actually logging onto the server, or are they using a cached login?

Couple of questions that might point us in the right direction.
AuZZZie1
Canada

AuZZZie1

Thanks for the reply.

Is the policy applied to the correct OU? Yes

Is the user a member of the container? Afraid you lost me on this one?

Does the user have read access on the policy? Yes

Is the user actually logging onto the server, or are they using a cached login? To the best of my knowledge it's not a cached login.

Nothing has changed on the DC only the format of the Client. This client is the only one having problems. It is also the only one that uses this GPO. Any chance its corupted? I doubt it though as the policy still applies.

Cheers

acehyde
Tired.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-14

acehyde to AuZZZie1

Premium Member

to AuZZZie1
May help
quote:
You may receive the "The System Cannot Find the File Specified" error message if the computer account does not have permission to read the object for its computer account.
AuZZZie1
Canada

AuZZZie1

Thanks. I'll check that when I get home.

I find it funny I can run a Less problematic, more stable DC through samba then I can in it's native home. Lacks a few of the features but still.

I'm growing very tired of the Make it, release it, fix the bugs latter attitude.

Anywho enough of my rant.

Thanks.