uniqs

lowvibes
Vibes
join:2000-11-11
South Richmond Hill, NY

lowvibes to willardk

to willardk

Re: internet freezes momentarily while surfing

Thanks Will, i did what you said about setting a static ip of 192.168.xxx.xxx where xxx is between 0 and 254 and a netmask of 255.255.255.0 and now my connection works fine.
- vibes

Poreman
join:2000-09-18
Midland, TX

Poreman to Anon

to Anon
I was having the same problem with the Slow Simi-lockup situation. I Removed The TPC/IP protocol to 4060 speedstream modem in network neighborhood Win98 SE and so for it seems to have fixed my problem. Appreciate the excellent advice.
--
I believe that everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Poreman

jbsystems
join:2000-11-18
Rockville, MD

jbsystems to Anon

to Anon
I have also had freezeing problems with both IE 5.1 and 5.5. Just because I decided to try the Netscape (ver. 4.5) that came with the install far my dsl. Never a problem while ONLY using Netscape. If I use both, and IE freezes then both freeze. My answer, I use Netscape ONLY for surfing.
System

to Anon

Anon

to Anon
alright im back to trying to fix this problem on my computer, ive tried specifying the Ip address and subnet mask, but when i do that and try to go to any web page it says server cannot be found... and as for removing tcp/ip bindings from my NIC how would i go about doing that? ive tried but am not sure if im doing it right. and also i think my problem may be spanning from the very begining of my computers birth and rebirth, when i first go to network configuration it says my network is incomplete... i didnt know what to do so what i did was add client for microsoft networks cause thats what it was missing as compared to my older computer.. and that seemed to have worked.. but as of now im still getting stalls and freezes.. and well it just sucks!
72245156 (banned)
TSWB.org
join:2000-07-11
Winnipeg, MB

72245156 (banned)

Man! This post is too old! Start a new thread and tell us what you have and what you've done so far please!
--
Sometimes the simplest solutions are overlooked.