uniqs

climbers
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06

1 recommendation

climbers

Premium Member

Critique! Week 17

Welcome to Critique! Week 17. Week 16 is officially closed to new photos, but remains open for critiques. If you aren't sure what this thread is about, look at Critique! Week 0 for the main guidelines, and Critique! Week 1 for an update. One of the best ways to use a Critique! thread, is to help you get suggestions for improving your photo before posting it to our gallery, printing it, or posting to another online service.

Hey! I'm your guest host this week. I'd like to ask a favor: If you have ever had a photo in the Gallery's "top eight" at any time, please post it here to get the praise you richly deserve. That doesn't mean this thread is only limited to those folks though. Come one, come all.

Jed6
Premium Member
join:2002-05-16
Atlanta, GA

2 recommendations

Jed6

Premium Member

Click for full size
I guess I'll be the first to submit a photo up for critique this week! This shot was taken today, as I spent the day In Santa Barbara. It was absolutely beautiful. I really love the way the shot demonstrates scale. I know those who help in these threads work magic, so will anyone suggest ways in which I may improve my photo?:)

climbers
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06

2 recommendations

climbers

Premium Member

Click for full size

Something I do a lot, is to look at a photo mirrored. It often improves the way we see things. People look at photos from left-to-right. For me, mirroring this photo puts the dominant object to the right, and the folks strolling lead my eye to it, as do the clouds. More natural, and easier on the eyes.

It's an artistic technique, and there are times when it shouldn't be applied: If it's a well-known subject, and the photos clearly couldn't have been taken that way. Or if it reverses lettering.

It often works really well with portraiture.

Gemologist
Premium Member
join:2001-11-15
USA

2 recommendations

Gemologist to climbers

Premium Member

to climbers
Click for full size
SONY CYBERSHOT
19mm 1/125th F2.2 ISO100

MnR
Premium Member
join:2002-05-27
Iron Mountain, MI

1 recommendation

MnR

Premium Member

Click for full size
Dejavu woods?
Hi Swishman,

I was playing with some pics and saw that I had saved yours to my workshop folders. Sooooo, this is what I came up with while playing and learning a little more about Paintshop Pro. I hope you don't mind.

bluwing

Gemologist
Premium Member
USA

Gemologist

Premium Member

said by MnR:
Hi Swishman,

I was playing with some pics and saw that I had saved yours to my workshop folders. Sooooo, this is what I came up with while playing and learning a little more about Paintshop Pro. I hope you don't mind.

bluwing

Not at all! Very ncie.. I like it!!

SandShark5
Long may you run
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX

1 recommendation

SandShark5 to climbers

Premium Member

to climbers
Click for full size
OLYMPUS C5050Z
7.1mm 1/800th F5 ISO64

Viny Tree
Since I noticed this thread was buried on page 4, I thought I might try to revive it.

Here's a photo I took that, at the time, looked interesting to me for some reason. I was going down the road and when I saw it, I had to stop and capture it. I think it was the vines going up the trunk and the fact that it had no leaves. Anyway, I just thought it looked picturesque. If you’d like, feel free to offer your critique and/or edit.

Thanks.

Gemologist
Premium Member
USA

Gemologist to climbers

Premium Member

to climbers
Click for full size
OLYMPUS C5050Z
7.1mm 1/800th F5 ISO64

Click for full size
OLYMPUS C5050Z
7.1mm 1/800th F5 ISO64

I actually like the shot! Very well done! In one image I just adjusted colors, curves, and added a bit of a flair.. The other picture ios just a simple Tritone with a bit of a flair.. You know me I gotsta play..lol.

MLOK5
My Reality Check Bounced
MVM
join:2000-08-17
Allen, TX

1 recommendation

MLOK5 to climbers

MVM

to climbers

This thread is now closed to new photo submissions, but is still open for critiques and suggestions about the photos posted in it.

The new Critique! thread has started: Critique! Week 18

[text was edited by moderator]