spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tomdeluxe
@t-dialin.net

tomdeluxe

Anon

Dlink 624+ disconnect problem

Hi my Dlink 624+ Wireless Router disconnects from the internet the whole day. Sometimes the connection lasts for 5 minutes sometimes for 30 minutes.. The status says disconnectet, reconnecting... So it must be a problem with the router. Can't be my provider bcz before it worked fine without disconnects for a year. What can i do? There's no firmware update...

HELP
kungpow
join:2002-10-06
Canada

kungpow

"WARNING: New DI-624 owners should read this.

DI-624 with firmware version 1.20 may encounter unwanted problems. They can easily be resolved by reading this article. "

»support.dlink.ca/Article ··· 24_1.asp

tomdeluxe
@t-dialin.net

tomdeluxe

Anon

but i dont have the 624.. i got the 624+
DWhat
join:2003-09-09

DWhat to tomdeluxe

to tomdeluxe
DI-624+ isnt being sold in canada or the US yet!
dmitryp
join:2001-09-06
Fort Lee, NJ

dmitryp to tomdeluxe

to tomdeluxe
Hi
First of all update to the latest firmware (from D-Link).
Next check your timeout settings on the router (in order to make continious connection, set it to 0 min).
Also check that your router will try to reconnect automatically when connection is dropped.

tomdeluxe
@t-dialin.net

tomdeluxe

Anon

there is no new firmware and timeout is set to 0...
auto reconnect is on

Here's my log file:
Oct/20/2003 07:41:22 PPPoE: opening connection ... 192.168.0.68:137 168.95.192.1:53
Oct/20/2003 07:41:22 PPPoE: Receive PADT TAG Disconnect PPPoE line

It's the stupid PADT TAG that kicks me out but what is it?
jvanham
join:2002-10-17

jvanham

Hi,

Take a look at RFC2516 ;

The PPPoE Active Discovery Terminate (PADT) packet
This packet may be sent anytime after a session is established to indicate that a PPPoE session has been terminated. It may be sent by either the Host or the Access Concentrator. The DESTINATION_ADDR field is a unicast Ethernet address, the CODE field is set to 0xa7 and the SESSION_ID MUST be set to indicate which session is to be terminated. No TAGs are required.
When a PADT is received, no further PPP traffic is allowed to be sent using that session. Even normal PPP termination packets MUST NOT be sent after sending or receiving a PADT. A PPP peer SHOULD use the PPP protocol itself to bring down a PPPoE session, but the PADT MAY be used when PPP can not be used.

As your log said ; "Receive PADT TAG Disconnect PPPoE line"
I assume your ISP disconnects you for whatever reason ....

Good luck
Jan

Matick
@aei.ca

Matick to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
try to change ur cables...it solved my problem ...same as yours (ethernet cables)
sleis
join:2003-11-02

sleis to tomdeluxe

to tomdeluxe
I still have somewhat same problem, a bit harder. After all research, the problem may be:

- There is a incompatibility from DI624+ with some modems
- The firmware of this router is early beta, and we are the testers.

Please help to penetrate d-link for fix this NON USER PROBLEM

Sher
@7.xx.62.dial.bluewin

Sher to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
I have a d-link 624+ (bought it in Europe). My laptops keep on reporting loss of signal. No wireless mouse. No cordless phone. No other wireless devices that I can detect.

So I experimented, and for the moment it is stable again. Don't know what may have improved the situation, but, for the moment the d-link is placed vertical (apparently that improves things - but not in this case) and more importantly I disabled MAC address filtering. Don't know if that should have fixed it for some reason. Anyway, lets see what happens.

I am none to happy with this situation. Separate from this, I have noted signal loss when using a d-link wireless card specifically, but not when using 2 cards from other vendors.
Sher

Sher to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe

Disconnect -> Support -> Only more problems

Congratulations to D-Link. When you have a problem, go to their web site. Try and find the main support page for your product - only get some SQL db errors.

Try and fire off a support issue with their web form, and get a SQL db error.

Try and go to an alternative international site (tried UK and Germany sites), only to find the web page is inaccessible.

Well done D-Link. It seems the IT industry continues to live up to its usual hyped, over-priced, misinformed, faulty, fraudulently marketed reputation.
Sher

Sher to Sher

Anon

to Sher

Re: Dlink 624+ disconnect problem

Yeah... the problem is back again. MAC address filtering -> OFF did not solve the problem...
Sher

Sher to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
Can anyone help me? I am fed up with the DI-624 where the signal seems to get lost all the time, so I want a replacement product that actually works, or a refund. Anyone know a good contact in D-Link Germany where I can bypass the support and get some answer?
Sher

Sher to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
By the way, DL-650 vs Fujitsu-Siemens. The link quality and signal strength on the fujitsu-siemens USB wireless blow away the DL-650, when communicating with my DI-'dont you hate it when it keeps on resetting'-624+ wireless router.
Sher

Sher to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
Sorry dudes - that should be DWL-650 in my previous post.

AlphaXp
@156ce.maxonline.com.

AlphaXp

Anon

Try to disable the Pnp Settings. It solve my problem.

Mitchmaster
@217.65.x.x

Mitchmaster to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
HI tom

I had the same problem as you.

My Solution:

I switched the power mode from my power save to continuous Acces mode.

I also had old drivers from another WLAN Card on my system and deinstalled it.

Now it works fine.

Grey Area
@212.19.x.x

Grey Area to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
Aha! So some poor suckers (same as me) bought these "+" versions (the DI-624+ and DWL-G520+). All I can say is at least your DWL-G520+'s are not giving your PC blue screen erors (mine are).

However - to the problem in hand - don't be so quick to blame the router for the disconnections. Because of the problems I have had, I resorted to connecting two PC's by RJ45 to the ports on the D-Link DI-624+. Result - perfect connectivity for hours on end. Now that I finally managed to get one of the DWL-G520+'s to work (by upgrading to Windows XP from 2000 - a somewhat expensive solution) I am getting constant disconnect/reconnect from that one - and at the same time perfect connectivity from the RJ45 machine. If it IS the router then it is happening POST Internet connection (i.e. it's getting the Internet connection but not transmitting very well), but personally I think you should take a long, hard look at those DWL-G520+'s. The comment that someone made above that they get a better connection from another manufacturer's card only serves to prove the point.

it-cafe
@t-dialin.net

it-cafe to sleis

Anon

to sleis
try to de-define (yes!) domain- or url-filters containing illegal characters!

like:
domain filter:
207.46.134.0/24
or
207.46.134.1-207.46.134.254

or change your mtu value to your providers choice!

Sher
@7.xx.62.dial.bluewin

Sher to Sher

Anon

to Sher
I am tired of this &*&t.

Scenario 1: win2k box with wireless netgear, internet connection sharing enabled on it. Laptops feed off the shared wireless connection from the win2k box. Laptops have Zyxel and Fujitsu-Siemens wireless cards. 802.11 adhoc 11mbps mode. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER AND STRONG SIGNALS. Got it?

Scenario 2: D-Link in place. Same laptops. Infrastructure 11mbps mode. Variations in signal strength often resulting in poor. Frequent signal disconnects, sometimes several times per minute. TOTALLY UNWORKABLE.

Now tell me about switching off all of those options etc, something we should not have to do, but I did it anyway. NO DIFFERENCE.

Several (I think 5) emails to D-Link Germany and NO REPLY since their first 'effort' at replying to the problem.

DO NOT BUY D-LINK. SIMPLE.

userofdlink
@211.76.x.x

userofdlink to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
My laptop disconnects from the router frequently when there are more than 3 laptops connecting to the router.
The log showed that the router restarted and the old log was all cleared.It's a bad news.

PADT
@204.101.x.x

PADT to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
PADT means you're putting in the wrong PPPoE password from your ISP.

aav
@telia.com

aav to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
I have a similar problem, also using the 624+ (i.e. no firmware available other than the 1.01 i already have).

I'm not using PPPoE, but Dynamic IP mode.. but the symptoms are similar. The Internet connection will go down regularly, I'd guess between 1-15 minutes apart.. the router actually seems to *reboot* itself, because the Log gets cleared and shows the restart... which also means I can't see what the heck went wrong.

This all is making me go insane, I can't use IRC or ICQ, and even web browsing is occasionally interrupted because of it. Anything with an open connection is doomed.

I can't believe the latest firmware is from *SEPTEMBER*. Jeez! Then again this is a new product (that I mistakenly thought was the rev C 624, because of the general lack of info online on the +), maybe there's a major update coming soon. I would hope so, because as it is, this router is WORTHLESS.
aav

aav

Anon

Maybe a little early to say, but I think I fixed it!

For everyone that's having these problems, try setting the Power Mode of ALL connected WLAN NIC's (in my case, three G520+'s) to Continuous Access. Somehow the G520+'s seem to crash (!) the 624+ whenever one of them decides to "doze off".

I hope D-Link fixes this in some future firmware/driver for either the cards or the router... as it is, things just don't work out of the box! But for now, hope this helps someone.

Sher
@7.xx.62.dial.bluewin

Sher to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
Ok, so you may have read my previous posts. D-Link Germany are a pain in the ass. They don't bother replying to anything. Fortunately it seems there is now a D-Link presence in Switzerland. They called me immediately and sent a replacement DI-624+ product immediately. Good service at last. LET US HOPE THE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT ACTUALLY WORKS! I will be updating the topic with my experiences with the new product soon...

Selin
@s.bonet.se

Selin

Anon

I have a Dlink 624+ and i fix my disconnect problem by turning the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service off and upgrade the firware to 1.01. If you have 1.01 upgrade it again from D-links webbpage! I have no problems now and im sooooo happy.

aav
@telia.com

aav to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
Selin, hmm... you mean you had 1.01 already, and re-updated it? I tried flashing the 1.01 version (even though that's the version the router came with), but the flash upload page acted a bit odd: I selected the file and started the upgrade and after 10-20 seconds the page just reloaded, no confirmation message. Is it supposed to work like that?

Anyway it's been working pretty well since my last post, as long as I keep the clients on Continuous Access.

Speaking of the 624+, anyone have an idea if D-Link will add 108mbit/s support for this version of router? (with the Texas Instruments chipset)

rickwalker
@sympatico.ca

rickwalker to tomdeluxe

Anon

to tomdeluxe
make sure there isn't a 2.4 Ghz source near you. We had the same problem but it was my stepsons 2.4G portable phone.

hOOligan77
@213.46.x.x

hOOligan77

Anon

Just bought a new 624+
Same issues as you guys.
Finished up getting a replacement, same prob.

But!!! It DOES seem to be ok with Turning off Wireless Zero Configuration.

Damn! I hope :
- dlink support takes this in account to help others
- dlink takes this in accuont for firmware update

THANK YOU EVERYBODY !!!

hOOlogan77
@213.46.x.x

hOOlogan77

Anon

I was too fast, and too optimistic.
It was fine .... for a few hours.
After, same : disconnections every five minutes.
Even with Wireless Zero config off. Firmware (same) update.
Today, no connection at all !
I had to reset to factory and re-configure the whole thing again.

I now bitterly regret I got a DLink.

Any extra ideas welcome...

(even while poprting this, I had to retype everything, as when posting, I was of course ... disonnected...