ChrisJT
Premium Member
join:2001-12-20
Torrance, CA

ChrisJT to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

Re: Technique! Week 14

I don't quite understand this technique.

What are we looking for, as a goal, in the color curves? How do we know where to make these curves?

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

See, now... I did try to explain that to climbers See Profile... I color correct by feeling. My suggestion would be to try it on one of your images, and see what the curves tool is capable of. Basically, you are manipulating the contrast curves of each of the colors.

Macy
South Of Insanity
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Pink Beanbag

Macy

MVM,

said by tmpchaos:
See, now... I did try to explain that to climbers See Profile... I color correct by feeling. My suggestion would be to try it on one of your images, and see what the curves tool is capable of. Basically, you are manipulating the contrast curves of each of the colors.

LOL...I tried last night to color correct "by feeling", my feeling was, Ugh, that is horrible!
Thanks for the technique though, it has gotten me started. I never really understood what the curves were used for so now I've bookmarked a page that explains using curves, so maybe it will help me out after plenty of practice. It has gotten me curious!

ChrisJT
Premium Member
join:2001-12-20
Torrance, CA

ChrisJT

Premium Member

said by Macy:
LOL...I tried last night to color correct "by feeling", my feeling was, Ugh, that is horrible!
Thanks for the technique though, it has gotten me started. I never really understood what the curves were used for so now I've bookmarked a page that explains using curves, so maybe it will help me out after plenty of practice. It has gotten me curious!

I get the same response, UGH! LOL

I guess it'll take some getting used to after a few practices.

mikeky
Premium Member
join:2001-12-07
Kentucky

mikeky to Macy

Premium Member

to Macy
said by Macy:
...LOL...I tried last night to color correct "by feeling", my feeling was, Ugh, that is horrible!
I know the feeling; the color curves and I don't get along well at all!

There's nothing I do to all photos, except correct two hot pixels. Many times I'll play with the levels to darken or lighten a photo or use dSLR tools to bring out shadows (works very well!) or adjust exposure level.