Sober
Just Say No
Premium Member
join:2003-02-24
Crack House

Sober

Premium Member

[request] System Ban/Post Watch Notification

I think that the system should notify you when you are banned/post watched, tell if you are banned or post watched and the amount of time.

skoivisto
Premium Member
join:2003-01-06
Lake Villa, IL

skoivisto

Premium Member

Re: System Ban/Post Watch Notification

Well if you are banned, from what I understand, it will give you a message that says something like "Your account has been banned from posting until _____"

I will still *sign* to your suggestion about the post watch though.
[text was edited by author 2003-10-20 18:29:53]

Sober
Just Say No
Premium Member
join:2003-02-24
Crack House

Sober

Premium Member

I know it will say you are banned till ____, but this time is often wrong, and will after that time is past will extend to a different time.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

In the few cases where that happens, the notification screen changes, I believe.

Flagger
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

said by fatness:
In the few cases where that happens, the notification screen changes, I believe.
I suggest you post watch yourself and then ban yourself to test it out.

You have already removed yourself once or twice, so banning yourself IS within the realm of fatness possibilities!!!

clevere1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA

2 recommendations

clevere1 to Sober

Premium Member

to Sober
said by Sober:
I think that the system should notify you when you are banned/post watched, tell if you are banned or post watched and the amount of time.

Wouldn't it just be easier to not make comments which will get your banned?

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

In a perfect world, yes.

Let's take your comment a bit further. Let's say that a buddy of mine was DUI and just happened to get caught. When he gets community service, they don't tell him how many hours -- just "maybe you should have thought twice before drinking 20 beers and getting in your car".

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven to Sober

Mod

to Sober
*object*

Is it not within the realm of possibility to (politely) IM the forum host and ask when the ban/watch expires?

fatness
subtle

fishing

1 recommendation

fatness

Yes, that can be done. I get asked to check that for different members.

Devious85
Premium Member
join:2003-10-16
Tucson, AZ

Devious85 to skoivisto

Premium Member

to skoivisto
said by skoivisto:
Well if you are banned, from what I understand, it will give you a message that says something like "Your account has been banned from posting until _____"

I will still *sign* to your suggestion about the post watch though.
[text was edited by author 2003-10-20 18:29:53]

I don't get that. I'm on a ban on one of the other secret forums and it doesn't tell me when.. oh, wait... I just realized. When its a post BAN , it will.. when its a post WATCH, it usually wont.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

2 recommendations

seaquake to Sober

MVM

to Sober
Damn, fellas. Follow the rules and you don't have to worry about being banned. If it's that huge an issue for you, then maybe this isn't the place to be.
59678178 (banned)
Tom Native New Yorker
join:2001-12-12
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

59678178 (banned)

said by seaquake:
Damn, fellas. Follow the rules and you don't have to worry about being banned.
Sometimes it isnt so cut and dried. Some rules are vague and are open to interpretation...............what is considered debating by one person may be seen as trolling/flaming by another.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness to Sober

to Sober
Really, I think we already have the solution here. If you need to know when a post watch or ban ends, just send me an IM.