reply to MLOK5

Re: Selective Focus Using Color

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix 3800
6mm 1/210th F8.2 ISO100

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix 3800
6mm 1/210th F8.2 ISO100

I love playing with colors!! Here are two versions of a shot I took while going by the runaway truck ramp on Cheat Mountain near Martinsburg, WV. The first is the original shot right out of the "box". The only thing I did was crop and resize. The second is a "tweaked" version of the first. I use the histogram adjustments in Paint Shop Pro. I played with the color settings and knocked a lot of the blue haze out of the picture. I also cropped, realigned, removed bug smears and resized.
By readjusting the color saturations via histogram adjustment it seems to make the signs in this shot leap out at me. Makes me feel like I'm back on that road.
I like the way that MLOK5 See Profile uses color in the setup for her shots. To me this kind of foresight is something I need to work on. But in my case, most of my shots are extremely candid. In a candid shot I've found that breaking out the histogram and saturation tools will do a lot for accenting colors.
I'm hoping I'm getting close to what Fritty was wanting for us to try this week.
:D:D
Walt
--
If You Can't See My Mirrors, I Can't See You!

MLOK5
My Reality Check Bounced
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-17
Allen, TX
kudos:1

Walt, this is great! What we're trying to do this week is draw attention to the subject of our picture using color. Your immediately drawn to the subject of your picture b/c of the vivid yellow and green signs. The lines in the road also help lead the viewer right into the picture. Nice job!

--
My Photo Gallery

HeyDriver
No.2 Fuel Oil Rules
Premium
join:2000-12-04
Telford, PA

Thanks!!
Amazing how the use of color can change our view of something.
--
If You Can't See My Mirrors, I Can't See You!