how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fobulous
Premium
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

Wal-Mart on US 75 and Spring Valley (Across TI)

Went there last night and was very surprised to see how rundown the place is. What's up with that? i thought this area is suppose to be not that bad, considering it's right across from one of the biggest companies in the DFW area and right next to Micro-Center. Was this Wal-Mart always been like this??
--
MYIE2

warlock56
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Arlington, TX

Re: Wal-Mart on US 75 and Spring Valley (Across TI

Heh - last time I went there was probably 2.5 years ago. I'm amazed the thing is still operational because it's just the 'regular' Wal-Mart of old. But the last time I was there it was going to hell. I'm not trying to bash hispanics, but whenever you get so many of them in a neighborhood area, it just seems to go to hell. Most anything south of Belt Line on down toward 635 on that side of 75 is going to hell.
--
1. Peace through superior firepower 2. There is a huge 3-D world out there that doesn't give a crap about secret club houses and perverted picture posting.

Billusa

join:2000-03-08
Dallas, TX
I see... so when you really bash another ethnic community, how do you actually put it and what do you *really* mean?!?

Salut~!
--
...Bill

Zandar Grieg

join:2003-01-03
Sachse, TX
reply to Fobulous
I used to live just across 75 from that Wal-Mart. It has been depressingly run-down since 2000. Kind of depressing for someone used to a small town Wal-Mart.

core network
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Southlake, TX
reply to Fobulous
Pretty sad day when Walmart actually improves the local area surrounding it - but let this store go away and you'll see. I've worked for SBC in this area for about 20 years, and trust me, that neighborhood isn't half the doom and gloom it used to be.

Now just for a moment imagine having to go to some of the old drug slums alone and he expected to concentrate on repairing a line. W

Fobulous
Premium
Missouri City, TX
reply to Fobulous

Re: Wal-Mart on US 75 and Spring Valley (Across TI)

core network, so you are the one of those van/truck driving techs who go out and fix lines in the middle of rush traffic??
--
MYIE2

core network
Premium
Southlake, TX
I used to be when I was in installation/repair. I have also caused many a backup in traffic when I was in splicing( truck with yellow power trailer behind it).

I currently work in Tier III support for ASI's Network Operations, but I still long for the days of being outside. Being a technician for SBC is a pretty cool gig. I've been in management for a few years, and that's not such a bad gig either - I get some really cool toys to play with in the network.

Fobulous
Premium
Missouri City, TX
wow sounds cool...are they hiring?? lol

Fobulous
Premium
Missouri City, TX
reply to Fobulous
since this is about areas that i just been to i'll keep posting here i guess.

I just went to do my first volunteer work (putting up 6 Compaqs for IRC ) the lab is actually in an apartment complex. the place is near the Park Lane and US 75 area Park Lane east of US 75 about 4 or 5 blocks east of Greenville. i have to say that area is not that desireable at all. One of our fellow volunteer almost got robbed (he was saved by couple of police officers who were just happen to be there.
--
MYIE2

core network
Premium
Southlake, TX
reply to Fobulous
That is a pretty serious area you are talking about.

In the "outside world", this area is referenced to as a "Red Zone", in which usually two technicians are sent on each job, or at least back in my day it was, and I haven't seen the area get any better.

My wife works just about a block north from there at Greenville/Phoenix (medical bldg). She has stories at least once a week to tell from that area.

warlock56
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Arlington, TX
reply to Fobulous

Re: Wal-Mart on US 75 and Spring Valley (Across TI

All the more reason to be packing heat.

Fobulous
Premium
Missouri City, TX
reply to Fobulous

Re: Wal-Mart on US 75 and Spring Valley (Across TI)

core so this is a pretty infamous area of Dallas? i thought only South Dallas is bad..i guess East Dallas isn't that good either. IS this Red Zone compareable to Houston's Third Ward and Fifth Ward? (from the Houston area not that area tho!) those 2 are like war zones all day and all night long
--
MYIE2

core network
Premium
Southlake, TX
reply to Fobulous
Well like many parts of Dallas, this area used to be very vibrant and hopping with activity. At the corner of Park Lane/Greenville (I believe it's an Eckerd Drugs now), there used to be a drive thru Beer Barn. There used to be a Judge Bean's restaurant in the same parking lot as well, and this part of Greenville Av. was the hot spot for activity.

But alas my mind takes me back to what seems eons ago, back when the city of Dallas used to keep up with it's area's and the police officer's made REAL drug busts - not like today where they pay huge sums of money for crushed sheetrock, and the real drugs are still on the streets, most of which are around the corner of Greenville/ Park Lane.

gpurv

join:2000-10-16
Garland, TX
reply to Fobulous
We've stopped going to the Lowe's next door. Ten minutes prior to the end of a movie, three young 'guys' came in and surrounded us. I knew what was going down, so I told the wife "let's go'. It's just too easy for someone to grab a purse or wallet and get out quick.