Hickerx2
God Bless The U.S. Military
join:2001-03-04
Franklinville, NY

Hickerx2 to Daniel

to Daniel

Re: Nachi the new champion bad boy

said by Daniel:
Just from my point of view, SVEN is the real demon. It's everywhere. I have gotten like 5 in the last few minutes -- and it's been like this for weeks now.

From the user side, you're right on. From the network side, Nachi is much more malicious.

Daniel
MVM
join:2000-06-26
San Francisco, CA

Daniel

MVM

said by Hickerx2:
From the user side, you're right on. From the network side, Nachi is much more malicious.
You mean like bandwidth utilization? Hmm, ok -- didn't know that. I'd think that millions of 142k messages flying around at any given second would be worse, but I am not in the know about these things.
Hickerx2
God Bless The U.S. Military
join:2001-03-04
Franklinville, NY

Hickerx2

said by Daniel:
You mean like bandwidth utilization? Hmm, ok -- didn't know that. I'd think that millions of 142k messages flying around at any given second would be worse, but I am not in the know about these things.

Sven is a mass-mailer, which is bad enough.
Nachi floods the network with a constant stream of pings from every infected machine. That's much more degrading to a network than mass emailing.

On top of that, the spam traversing Adelphia's network is probably more demanding than Sven mailings anyway. I average 100-150 spam emails per day and I haven't received the Sven worm in quite some time now.