spc
Search similar:

uniqs
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation
join:2001-10-20

93254336 (banned)

A 3-button optical mouse to match your Mac

From the folks at MacMice (the same company that makes the iBreeze), here's a new 3-button optical mouse with a scrollwheel which looks like original Apple gear (but it isn't).

»www.macmice.com/themouse.html

- Dan

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

Looks good.

rjackson

join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA

rjackson to 93254336

to 93254336
Now that's nice. If they could just come up with a Bluetooth version and throw in a couple more buttons, I'd get one.

number1melon
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17
Fort Lauderdale, FL

number1melon to 93254336

Premium Member

to 93254336
Very nice. Its about time. Is it optical? I can't tell.

JJ
Beat It, Bill
MVM
join:2000-02-18
Madison, WI

JJ

MVM

said by number1melon:
Very nice. Its about time. Is it optical? I can't tell.

said by Web page:

With carefully engineered balance and weight; 800cpi tracking resolution; a fast, responsive laser tracking mechanism;

Yes it seems to be.
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

93254336 (banned) to number1melon

to number1melon
800 dpi optical

Daniel
MVM
join:2000-06-26
San Francisco, CA

Daniel to 93254336

MVM

to 93254336
The MX500 is my choice, and although it isn't white, it does have silver on it. It's a very nice mouse.

veloct
Go Pats
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Moosup, CT

veloct to 93254336

Premium Member

to 93254336
If my logitech ever dies, I will buy one of those. I bought the sightflex from them, i love it.

leXicon5
Pelosi, SHUT YOUR Fing Pie Hole
Premium Member
join:2000-12-27
Saint Louis, MO

leXicon5 to 93254336

Premium Member

to 93254336
Resolution is 800 Cpi (characteristics per inch) at rates of motion up to 12 linear inches per second.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to 93254336

Premium Member

to 93254336
I would avoid MacMice like the bubonic plague.

This guy is SUCH a scam artist, it isn't funny.

Remember MacTables?
Or DVForge?
Or Envestco?

What a slimeball.

I'd stay awy from this one.
dennismurphy

1 edit

dennismurphy

Premium Member

OK, more information ..

»www3.macintouch.com/mact ··· ble.html

Read that, and then tell me if you want to order from this guy.

Oooh, another one ..

»forums.yourmaclife.com/v ··· 44#19844

Yeah, I don't like this guy, can ya tell?

leXicon5
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

leXicon5

Premium Member

And...
JackWhispers
ReBranded Mouse
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

93254336 (banned)

Whatever mouse macmice.com is selling, it isn't the ones listed in those links, as they all have hinges where the buttons are. The macmice.com mouse is hingeless. Of course, it might be the same innards with a different shell.

So macmice.com OEMs the mice from a Taiwanese manufacturer, perhaps with a custom exterior... my Logitech mouse says "MADE IN CHINA" on its underside.

- Dan

leXicon5
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

leXicon5

Premium Member

May be....I've also heard of Photoshop. The point was and still is....the man running the company and making the statements has a less than stellar character and has been confronted by the owner of Griffin technology for flat out lying to the public about the iTrip among other things.

Just a heads-up if anyone wants to send him money...be his guest.

rjackson

Ringgold, GA

rjackson to 93254336

to 93254336
Heh, that mouse sure does look like it has a PS/2 port on the end. What a rip-off!

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

Johnny34 to leXicon5

Premium Member

to leXicon5
said by leXicon5:
May be....I've also heard of Photoshop. The point was and still is....the man running the company and making the statements has a less than stellar character and has been confronted by the owner of Griffin technology for flat out lying to the public about the iTrip among other things.

Just a heads-up if anyone wants to send him money...be his guest.

Here's one of Jack's statements in defense of himself:
quote:

3. Other than the fact that I served a 5-year federal prison sentence form 1992 to 1997 for a variety of real estate transaction related fraud and tax evasion convictions, there has been no statement of fact, backed by a withness or any evidence that I have done the first thing wrong, unethical, or illegal in my Mac community activities. All that's floating around is a steamy pile of uncorroborated slurs. But, nowhere is there a real victim. Nowhere.

Oh well, he's convinced me.
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

93254336 (banned) to leXicon5

to leXicon5
said by leXicon5:
The point was and still is....the man running the company and making the statements has a less than stellar character...
Sounds like "business as usual" for most companies...

- Dan

leXicon5
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

leXicon5

Premium Member

said by 93254336:
Sounds like "business as usual" for most companies...

- Dan

Not gonna get in a pissing contest here but this is untrue...not MOST companies. Most companies I deal with are of great repute and have descent people running them.(Used Car Dealers notwithstanding) If you find the opposite, I'd stop dealing with them if I were you or be a little more careful at who you choose to deal with.

Thats the purpose of my post and Johnnies post and most everyone else posts in this thread.....everytime this "business man" puts out a "new" product...it bears pointing out his business practices.
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

93254336 (banned)

Well, all that I know is that several months back I ordered an iBreeze from macmice.com. It arrived promptly via USPS Priority Mail, looks identical to the photo/description, and works exactly as advertised.

Is the iBreeze OEMed from some Chinese/Taiwanese manufacturer? Probably. Could I have ordered it from some other distributor for a few dollars less? Possibly. Do I feel "ripped off?" No.

- Dan

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

1 edit

bobrk to 93254336

Premium Member

to 93254336
I'd just like to say that I did by the SightFlex that he sells, and although I'll keep it and it seems to work ok for what it is, the build quality is kind of shitty and it's not really worth what I paid for it. The packaging was cheap as well. But the product arrived as ordered so I can only say caveat emptor.

What I really want to know is why this didn't come up in this thread?

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt
join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

LBDSL

said by bobrk:

I could be wrong, but without out going back and re-reading the whole thing, I also don't remember it coming up in Dr. Dan's iBreeze thread either.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to bobrk

Premium Member

to bobrk
I didn't see any complaints about him defrauding customers per se, but he uses photos of other products and claims that he designed and manufactured them, when in actuality he just bought cheap stuff and is charging a 1000% or more markup. When the companies that he is defrauding shut him down, his customers might get caught in the middle with no refunds, etc.
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

1 edit

93254336 (banned)

said by Johnny34:
he uses photos of other products and claims that he designed and manufactured them, when in actuality he just bought cheap stuff and is charging a 1000% or more markup.
Similar to what Apple does with "their" RAM and "their" Superdrive...
said by Johnny34:
When the companies that he is defrauding shut him down, his customers might get caught in the middle with no refunds, etc.

Many companies "rebadge" products which they do not actually design and/or manufacture, and many mail-order firms carry products for which they're not "authorized distributors."

I don't see the "defrauding" aspect of a reseller ordering a quantity of notebook computer cooling stands in a custom color or mice with a custom shell from a Taiwanese manufacturer, renaming the products, and selling them to end-users for a profit.

- Dan

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to bobrk

Premium Member

to bobrk
said by bobrk:

Because I was on vacation when that was posted.... by the time I got back, that thread was old and moldy.

iMeowbot
Let's All Have Can
Premium Member
join:2001-11-20
Pembroke, MA

1 edit

iMeowbot to 93254336

Premium Member

to 93254336
Adomax of Taiwan make a mouse very close to this one, model AM-2000. I've seen them with white, silver and black under the clear shell, but the white variety is kind of hard to find in the US.

[edit: By the way, on the topic of weird USB peripherals, WTF to make of this one ???]
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

93254336 (banned)

The iGasmâ„¢
said by iMeowbot:
By the way, on the topic of weird USB peripherals, WTF to make of this one ???
Oh, I sell that in my "Weapons of Masturbation" eBay Store. I call it The iGasm™.

- Dan

rjackson

Ringgold, GA
Netgear R6400
Switches Trash Bin
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

rjackson

Click for full size
said by 93254336:

Oh, I sell that in my "Weapons of Masturbation" eBay Store. I call it The iGasm™.

Available at CompUSA and other fine retailers.
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

93254336 (banned)

said by rjackson:
Available at CompUSA and other fine retailers.
Ah, but does the CompUSA model include my special M.O.I.S.T.™ (Macintosh Onanistic Interactive Stimulation Technology) driver for MacOS X 10.1-10.3?

I think not...

- Dan

veloct
Go Pats
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Moosup, CT

veloct to iMeowbot

Premium Member

to iMeowbot
said by iMeowbot:
Adomax of Taiwan make a mouse very close to this one, model AM-2000. I've seen them with white, silver and black under the clear shell, but the white variety is kind of hard to find in the US.

[edit: By the way, on the topic of weird USB peripherals, WTF to make of this one ???]

Maybe is just me but some of those mice look a lot like Logitech and Kensington mice.
93254336 (banned)
Weapons Of Masturbation

93254336 (banned)

said by veloct:
Maybe is just me but some of those mice look a lot like Logitech and Kensington mice.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Also look here:

»www.pfc.com.tw/product.php?pri=5
»www.pfc.com.tw/product.php?pri=6

- Dan