drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

Optimum Online's Live Chat service

Has anyone tried the Optimum Online's Live Chat service? I was at the OOL website and a window came up saying Optimum Online's Live Chat service, I clicked it and now Im waiting here....
drake

drake

MVM

Ok I finally got a person...

GeekNJ
Premium Member
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ to drake

Premium Member

to drake
They must have changed - they were using a different service and now they are using LivePerson.

»ool.dynip.com is still there and uses a different interface (ExpertCity).

What URL are you using to launch that chat?

drake
Back to back
MVM
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

said by GeekNJ:
What URL are you using to launch that chat?

I'm not sure...It was just a pop-up when I was browsing through their website, I'm no longer in the chat now, they just gave me the same line as when I call there...

GeekNJ
Premium Member
Waldwick, NJ

1 edit

GeekNJ

Premium Member

Maybe Sales is using LivePerson. I don't think LivePerson has remote-control capabilities like ExpertCity does.

Edit: I found it. It's a link available when looking for availability and whether you want to sign up, and during the sign up process.

drake
Back to back
MVM
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

said by GeekNJ:
Maybe Sales is using LivePerson. I don't think LivePerson has remote-control capabilities like ExpertCity does.

Yeah I just was reading that OOL Personnel can take control of your PC...I guess that's a good feature. BTW, When I asked the person how much would it be to drop a direct line to my cable modem, she said that when OOL is available in your area then we can discuss the prices.

GeekNJ
Premium Member
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ

Premium Member

Why do you need a direct line? Not sure if Brooklyn is more or less, but if you need a line dropped, it's $35-50.

Most folks don't need a line though.

drake
Back to back
MVM
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

said by GeekNJ:
Why do you need a direct line?
Too avoid signal problems, wouldn't it be better for a direct line into your modem and a separate line for the CATV?
Over644
join:2002-03-25
Bethpage, NY

Over644 to drake

to drake
I don't think having an OOL tech remotely connecting to any PC is such a good thing. Plus the live tech support sucks imo since if you have a serious problem they tell you to call anyway. I don't want an OOL tech seeing my "stuff" anyways :P

GeekNJ
Premium Member
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ

Premium Member

I think it's geared towards the computer illiterate and not folks that know how to configure their own email client.

quik3
Boris
join:2001-11-04
Brooklyn, NY

quik3 to drake

to drake
wanted to try but coudnt find it

drake
Back to back
MVM
Bridgeport, CT