spc
uniqs
romeus
join:2003-12-06
Saint-Laurent, QC

romeus to dogfather_1

to dogfather_1

Re: Primus = disconnect

I have problem keeping a constant connection. It's with Primus DSL high speed and the BB0040 modem. I've tried playing around with MTU and RWIN settings with no results. I've tried tweaking BT clients a bit as well, also nothing there. It happens with BT and with any application that uses up a lot of bandwidth for an extended period of time. I just simply loose my connection. Usually the sync is fine after and I can reconnect right away. Sometimes, sync is lost as well. Has anybody found a solution to this? It's really annoying, and I'm starting to consider a switch to Videtron Extreme HS.

Happyrat6
Google Is Your Best Friend
Premium Member
join:2002-07-01
Disneyland

Happyrat6

Premium Member

Romeus >>> If you have a 3 Mbit connection with primus you should know there is a firmware issue with the BB0040 that causes disconnects with 3 Mbit connections. Or possibly if you have a 1.7 Mbit connection, someone may have upgraded the firmware in your modem which may cause problems with the 1.7 connection. My advice is to visit »www.gvc.ca and contact tech support about this. They will point you in the right direction for installing the proper firmware on your modem.