Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FOIP

@evrocom.net
reply to SevenDegrees

Re: HELP with VOIP faxing?

HI,

Thanks a lot for the response, I have no problem paying for the business account/s. Do you have any idea how much time it will take to send 1 page at 9600 baud? And also how much bandwith 1 page of fax will take?

Finding the answers to these questions will be great.

Steve

jgwilliams
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Chesterland, OH
Faxing over VoIP is not reliable, you will find yourself resending a good percentage of your faxes. Additionally fax documents are sent by way of g711, so each line would take about 100k.

You need to look for a fax blast service if you have one fax going to many people, you can find an IP based one I am sure, and it should be pretty cheap.

Just do a search for VoIP Fax blast
--
Jeffery Williams
President
Broadvox Direct, Llc
evp; Broadvox, Llc

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
On my vonage line, it normally takes 6 or 7 tries to get the fax through, if it goes at all, and that is just for a 2 page. But my AT&T beta line sends every time.

Automate

join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA
said by Camelot One:
On my vonage line, it normally takes 6 or 7 tries to get the fax through, if it goes at all, and that is just for a 2 page. But my AT&T beta line sends every time.
Do you know what fax speed you can get on your AT&T line?

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
No idea. Using a Brother stand alone fax machine.

kt62

join:2003-12-17
Houston, TX
reply to Camelot One
I'd been having major issues with fax reliability on Vonage. It's taken 10 days to fix, but with input from tech support found a cheap easy solution, that seems to work. We put a DSL filter netween the Fax and the MTA box - presto works like a dream.

Sniggs
Iggy is my Hero
Premium
join:2002-09-27
Tonasket, WA
reply to jgwilliams
said by jgwilliams:
Faxing over VoIP is not reliable, you will find yourself resending a good percentage of your faxes. Additionally fax documents are sent by way of g711, so each line would take about 100k...

This is not entirely true - we fax daily over VOIP on our Quintum H.323 network and have NEVER had to resend. If your statement is related to Faxing via Vonage, P8, Voicepulse (or anyone else I may have missed), please qualify your statement.
--
1) Mind Mommy and Daddy. 2) Wash hands, face, neck and ears. 3) Comb hair. 4) Brush teeth. 5)Drink milk 6) Eat all your food. 7)Say your prayers. 8) Share your toys. 9)Put toys away. 10) hang up clothes. --- You're a Patches Pal! ---www.jppatches.com