jgwilliams
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Chesterland, OH

jgwilliams to FOIP

Premium Member

to FOIP

Re: HELP with VOIP faxing?

Faxing over VoIP is not reliable, you will find yourself resending a good percentage of your faxes. Additionally fax documents are sent by way of g711, so each line would take about 100k.

You need to look for a fax blast service if you have one fax going to many people, you can find an IP based one I am sure, and it should be pretty cheap.

Just do a search for VoIP Fax blast

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

On my vonage line, it normally takes 6 or 7 tries to get the fax through, if it goes at all, and that is just for a 2 page. But my AT&T beta line sends every time.
Automate
join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA

Automate

said by Camelot One:
On my vonage line, it normally takes 6 or 7 tries to get the fax through, if it goes at all, and that is just for a 2 page. But my AT&T beta line sends every time.
Do you know what fax speed you can get on your AT&T line?

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

No idea. Using a Brother stand alone fax machine.
kt62
join:2003-12-17
Houston, TX

kt62 to Camelot One

to Camelot One
I'd been having major issues with fax reliability on Vonage. It's taken 10 days to fix, but with input from tech support found a cheap easy solution, that seems to work. We put a DSL filter netween the Fax and the MTA box - presto works like a dream.

Sniggs
Iggy is my Hero
Premium Member
join:2002-09-27
Tonasket, WA

Sniggs to jgwilliams

Premium Member

to jgwilliams
said by jgwilliams:
Faxing over VoIP is not reliable, you will find yourself resending a good percentage of your faxes. Additionally fax documents are sent by way of g711, so each line would take about 100k...

This is not entirely true - we fax daily over VOIP on our Quintum H.323 network and have NEVER had to resend. If your statement is related to Faxing via Vonage, P8, Voicepulse (or anyone else I may have missed), please qualify your statement.