uniqs
share rss forum feed

rictus

join:2002-01-28
reply to j23s3afj

Re: My experience with Comcast bandwidth suspensio

Click for full size
bandwidth
well, just received my warning in the mail for using too much bandwidth during the month of november. What's somewhat suprising is that the usage was fairly low compared to some of the others that have received warnings. Below is the DU meter report (first part of november is missing, but it whould be along the lines of the first entry)

Probably at most about 50 GB combined. Only problem is that I just received the notice, and i'm already 40 GB of bandwidth used for this month. Definately going to have to lay off for the next couple weeks and hope that I haven't already triggered the second notice.

jansm38
Vn800-B
Premium
join:2003-05-19
Blackwood, NJ

I'd bet it's the upload that got you pegged. Comcast is looking for suspicious usage patterns and high upload smells of a server of some sort being run. Whether you are or not is not my place to guess but that's probably what it looks like to Comcast. High upload usage has a more adverse affect on the network than download does.
--
Dialup? They still make that?

cumcast

join:2003-11-24

said by jansm38:
I'd bet it's the upload that got you pegged. Comcast is looking for suspicious usage patterns and high upload smells of a server of some sort being run. Whether you are or not is not my place to guess but that's probably what it looks like to Comcast. High upload usage has a more adverse affect on the network than download does.

Well I haven't uploaded in 2 years and I got terminated.