All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ThunderAce
join:2003-03-30
Raleigh, NC

ThunderAce

Cisco uBR 924 cannot even console to it.

I just purchased Cisco uBR924 Cable Access Router from Globe2000.com. I can't even access trough its console. I am using Hyper Terminal, settings: COM1 Bits: 9600 Data-Bits: 8, Parity: None, Stop-Bits: 1 (even tried 2), Flow Control: None, Emulation: ANSI. I am using Rolled Cable (also used Straight and Cross-Over Cables just to troubleshoot)and a DB9 Serial adapter.

When I try to connect with Hyper Terminal it says connected but don't see any prom th. I try to hit enter key few times but still same.

Please help.. Thanks.

SkellBasher
Yes Sorto, I'll take my Prozac
join:2000-10-22
Niagara Falls, NY

SkellBasher

1. You are sure you are using the right Com port?

2. If you leave hyperterminal open and reboot the router, do you see anything scroll by?

3. Have you tried using VT100 instead if ANSI? (Shouldn't really make a difference tho...)
ThunderAce
join:2003-03-30
Raleigh, NC

ThunderAce

1. Just to make sure I open 2 Hyper terminal, 1 set for COM1 and 2 set for COM2.

2. I reboot the router while hyper terminal open but I didn't see anything.

3. Yes I have tried VT100 but nothing.

This is my first and last time buying anything from globe200.com. I already want to send the router back but they giving me bullshit. And I know Cisco won't help because globe2000 is not authorise dealer.

I wonder if there is a default IP address for telnet to the router from E0. But then again it's probably disable by default.
radklownskie
join:2002-01-15
Puyallup, WA

radklownskie to ThunderAce

to ThunderAce
You might go on eBay and buy a Cisco Console Cable. I purchased a db9 to rj45 adapter, similar to the one i assume you have, and used rolled, straight, and crossover cables with no luck, I bought a Console cable for 5.99 including shipping on eBay, look around lots of people want 10 bucks for the thing, but they go for around 3 or 4 bucks.. The Cisco cable worked perfectly.

Good Luck