dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

heLL_b0y
join:2003-08-06

heLL_b0y

[Streamyx] Streamyx International Link Down Again !!!!

Streamyx International link down at afternoon abt 12pm till now .. i just call up 1300889515 they say international link down ... again

another down again .. sigh of it ..

teh
Gekke Kraai
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21
Malaysia

teh

Premium Member

Must be 1/2 choking still I got 175k when test testmynet

purelander
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11

purelander to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
only 175? i just tested:

Your connection is: 292 kbps

is it true international link down, can they simply tembak like that?

IGotThePower
Samsung Sucks
Premium Member
join:2003-06-07
Japan Inc.

IGotThePower to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
Blame it on the Boogie...

teh
Gekke Kraai
Premium Member
Malaysia

teh to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
The site I got 175k later tried download patch for a game from infogrames got 35KB/s I think...
sm84
join:2003-12-09
my

sm84 to heLL_b0y

to heLL_b0y
After getting disconnected 3 times from TM 1300889515 number today I learned the following:

1) first analyst reported to me that they were aware of problem with worldcom connection

2) second analyst reported to me that they are unaware of any problem and that everything is fine because the analyst can surf to yahoo.com from his TMnet office so we must be imagining this problem! I explained to him that not only is he on a different backbone with huge amounts of bandwidth but also that TM has multiple international circuits that cannot be assessed by accessing only his yahoo.com email !

3) second analyst also indicated that my report at Dec 19, 6:30pm of slow international browsing was the first report today !

4) analyst also reported to me that the status of my fault report on Dec 10 (slow international browsing) is still in the open state and that a technician had been sent to check out the port ! I don't think checking a port is the way to solve a problem with international browsing.

5) analyst also reported that whenever a customer complains about slow network they ask them to change to a different DNS server (e.g. from 202.188.0.133 to 202.0.188.132 or vice versus)

6) analyst also reported to me that they were aware of problems with their phone system this morning (disconnected three times) but he indicate the phone system is working perfectly this afternoon dispite my reports of being dropped three times. His logic was that since his conversation was not dropped that no problem could exist with other callers!

7) on dec 10, I also experienced problems with TMnet 1300889515 number and tried to have the analyst log a problem in his database about the report. Again today the analyst refuses to log reports for anything that is not internet related. I wonder what TMnet's ISO 9002 and continuing improvement process would say about deliberatley failing to report/track reported problems !

From my personal experience, I believe that in additional to being incompetent, TMnet support and technicians are deliberatley taking measures to cover up problems from their management and I encourage everyone to try to make this as difficult as possible for them. I plan to record all phone conversations with TMnet support in the future. Please make sure you log problems and get the report number. It is also good to follow up on those reports to see how they cover it up....

teh
Gekke Kraai
Premium Member
Malaysia

teh to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
Hmm was there an announcement of the int link problem? Maybe someone should tape it and post here after all we already got the stupid recording of them blaming last international link problem to us getting infected with viruses thus we can't surf the international sites (but can surf the local sites as the virus must be super smart that it can specifically look at the ip where we surf to). Idiots...

icequake
Premium Member
join:2003-03-16

icequake

Premium Member

said by teh:
us getting infected with viruses thus we can't surf the international sites (but can surf the local sites as the virus must be super smart that it can specifically look at the ip where we surf to).
LOL..........

zeone
Me
Premium Member
join:2003-04-24
Msia

zeone to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
Hope latest hoo-haa abt counter service personnel must b truly service-orientated and courteous, gains momentum...
Also now comments re telephone operators & effects of computerised responses, have been highlighted!

Just now on TV3 news, a recording was played 2show what happened when TV3 ppl called a govt dept to ask 4info...put on hold, dunno who to refer call to, & finally hung up on caller!
A computerised answering system was also recorded and played during the news to illustrate the complexities of such a system to the layman....

Let's hope some1 up at the top does something abt all that soon....then TMNet also would b improved!!:D

heLL_b0y

heLL_b0y

international link down since 11:30 am .. till now ... havent up .. i thought my problem .. haha.. my friend told me he cant even play online game and what... till now ... :(:(:(

teh
Gekke Kraai
Premium Member
Malaysia

1 edit

teh

Premium Member

Hey hell b0y I am not affected other than the lag, which state you in? Also did you try changing the DNS address to some other ones? Also did you try proxies... and lastly if US sites can't then test out Japanese/Korean sites see if can browse might only be certain int links... You seem to be able to get in right now to post here...

Here is short list, sometimes might not help at all but try your luck right... if not then go look for free proxies...

tm.net.my

jaring.my

time.net.my

Singnet

icequake
Premium Member
join:2003-03-16

icequake to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
speaking of which, i'm not affected too. anyways, a little diversion topic, just now some guy from Appco came to do a short survey about tmnet services. weird part was he came like 8pm+, kinda late at night to be doing survey. anyways when i told him that there's been some slowdowns once in a while, he said usually slowdown becuz of upgrading.

i honestly almost wanted to sound the bugger, lucky he not official tmnet fella. what the heck everytime slowdown is becuz of upgrading, but i dont see my connection performance improving more after their "upgrading".
summx
join:2003-11-16

summx to heLL_b0y

to heLL_b0y
It was slow for me at around 8 pm but it seems to be back to normal now

Centrilium
Totoro
Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
MY

Centrilium

Premium Member

No its not up yet...Still very slow.I am only getting 180kbps at Test.my

You know why TMnet's international line always goes down?That's because they choose crappy international links that's why.Forget about peering with Singapore..Even Thailand(Songkhla) and Indonesia(Batam) has a huge backbone which links them to Singapore(Changi) via the TIS bacbone(capable of upto 30gbps traffic)...Malaysia is left out of it.I am wondering why also since they are just opposite the straits.
tadwinks
join:2003-06-01

tadwinks to teh

to teh
pardon me, but what has changing the DNS got to do with ur browsing to international sites if the international links themselves are down? sure, u'll be able to resolve the sites, but you still wouldn't be able to access them.

bright_eyes
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
Cursed Army

bright_eyes to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
hey ya guys...
i got this weird problem with google.sometimes when im searching using google it will show 'Connection Closed By Remote Server'. what does that mean ? i have no clue.
i got this problem sometimes....god it was so lagging when opening the google page.and when im start searching using the google field n hit 'ENTER', the small window will appear 'Connection Closed By Remote Server' !!!

any comment guys ?

thanx...

madblue
Premium Member
join:2003-04-19
Malaysia

madblue to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
::: Download Stats :::
Connection is: 436 kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 1013 KB)
Download Speed is: 53 Kb/sec
Auth Code: 2006541 (validate a »www.testmy.net)
Bottom Line: 8 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 19 second(s)

seems to be ok at today morning

Alpha_Tay
join:2003-04-30
Malaysia

Alpha_Tay to heLL_b0y

to heLL_b0y
i feel slow browsing to website(even google.com) sometimes, and slow download some sites only, some sites still can reach max speeds.

teh
Gekke Kraai
Premium Member
Malaysia

teh to madblue

Premium Member

to madblue
Connection is: 437 kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 1013 KB)
Download Speed is: 53 Kb/sec
Auth Code: 2006556 (validate a »www.testmy.net)
Bottom Line: 8 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 19 second(s)
Validation Link :: »testmy.net/cgi-bin/auth_ ··· &gen=gen

Looks to be back to normal

zeone
Me
Premium Member
join:2003-04-24
Msia

zeone to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
Yup...looks ok 2me...

Connection is: 426 kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 1013 KB)
Download Speed is: 52 Kb/sec
Auth Code: 2006391 (validate a »www.testmy.net)
Bottom Line: 8 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 20 second(s)
Validation Link :: »testmy.net/cgi-bin/auth_ ··· &gen=gen

However, me always 1 step behind yu guys...mayb cos accessing Komtar Exchange all the way fr here...:D

heLL_b0y

heLL_b0y

i get 34kb/s for 384k ... but i still slowing browsing website i change le the dns also same...

Still same ... thing i use proxy more fast but i use streamyx browse site more slow ...
heLL_b0y

heLL_b0y

i call up tmnet customer service . they said " international link havent recover again " so .. u all have no problem with it ? i from johor ... still slowing down browse site...

another nightmare...

teh
Gekke Kraai
Premium Member
Malaysia

teh

Premium Member

No problem here hell_boy. It is highly possible could be your state's gateway or something routing wrongly...

heLL_b0y

heLL_b0y

i think south area got problem with it.. hopefully will back tonite ...

ThirdShifter
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Wethersfield, CT

ThirdShifter to heLL_b0y

Premium Member

to heLL_b0y
oh shit here we go again.. i'm sure it'll make front page.

HKT4
Me Llamo Hk
join:2003-09-14

HKT4 to heLL_b0y

to heLL_b0y
I am from Johor also.. Skudai.. I didn't change the dns.. but International Link is damn slow here.... Google, Yahoo, BBR... all slow like snail...

heLL_b0y

heLL_b0y

ur right HKT i from johor , kluang infected slowing down...
i called up tmnet they said international link down.. i think some ppl will be infected slowing down ... but bandwidth still ok .. hopelly tommrow recover ...
imksibu
join:2003-05-12

imksibu to heLL_b0y

to heLL_b0y
pfft... connections been crappy mostly during night time for the last 3 weeks. loaction: sibu sarawak.

try this free evil addictive online game : www.hostilespace.com hehe
sf2003
join:2003-03-22
Malaysia

sf2003

I don't know what to say. I've not been having any such problem?

Anyone on the same boat as me?

I'm on 384/128. Sometime I can download up to 50kbyte/sec some time 5kbyte/sec. It totally depends on where is the content. Especially if it's on P2P where many people is hoarding to the same PC, the bandwidth available will be divided by the number of people.
cyii
join:2003-05-17
Australia

cyii

Hi lads...the US sites and game server seems to be really slow and down..i've played Americas Army and i'm gettin likr 5k of pings from my 512/128 plans...OMFG ..if TmNet said they've finished upgrading .. they are the crappiest ISP i ever been through .. compare to what i've in Melbourne Australia lol ...(coming back to M'sia for my summer holidays)