spc
uniqs

asterisk_boy
join:2003-11-25
Brooklyn, NY

asterisk_boy to Templar

to Templar

Re: Very happy with Asterisk and iConnectHere (ICH

oh, the x101p *is* the best pstn/pci interface for asterisk. at least, until the fxo add-ons for the tdm400p are released, but no one has been able to do a comparison yet.

the main reason the x101p works as well as it does, is the controller software written by digium. so while you can easily buy one for $8, it's much better to support asterisk by buying from the digium store instead. if you really feel the need to buy the cheap non-digium version, at least support them with a donation or buy the sticker pack.
Fleed
join:2001-09-26
Europe

Fleed

Hmmm... this is very interesting! Do you have any details on exactly what intel faxmodem it is? I bought a (supposedly) "hardware" intel voice faxmodem which turned out to be just another winmodem with the intention of using it with *. I am hoping it is the same one you're referring to so I can patch the source and use it!

Cheers!
Fleed

Fleed

I've had a look at the zaptel drivers and it sounds like the X100P is a rebranded 537EP Intel modem. Unfortunately mine is a 536EP so I don't think I'll be able to use it straight away without doing a bit of work. Oh well...
Templar
Premium Member
join:2003-12-11
San Jose, CA

Templar to asterisk_boy

Premium Member

to asterisk_boy
said by asterisk_boy:
. . . so while you can easily buy one for $8, it's much better to support asterisk by buying from the digium store instead. if you really feel the need to buy the cheap non-digium version, at least support them with a donation or buy the sticker pack.

There's a point here that needs to be made. I am very interested in Asterisk and am in the process of setting up a Linuxbox for this very purpose. I have always been financially supportive of software that actually does work properly. On numerous occasions, I have purchased software that originally came to me as a "loaned" copy from a friend after making sure it would do what I required. I also have purchased a lot of software after using it during a free trial period.

However, if I were to buy an Wildcard X100 for the price Digium is asking and then later learn that I was actually shipped a cheap PCI modem of which I already have several, I would be totally turned off. If this is the case, I would strongly suggest that someone send me a private email thru this forum (possibly from Digium) and clarify this matter or risk losing someone who may well become a strong supporter downstream.