subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Sarah

Re: Larger Avatars

said by Sarah:
It seems obvious to me that a lot of users are unhappy with the new avatar size...
A lot of people were unhappy previous to that with different information being unavailable/too small in the "box" to the left of the message area. Perhaps you missed all those threads since they did not involve avatars.
said by examples of Feature Requests over last several months:
I don't want to see Posting tags.
I like Posting tags.
I want to see Joined Dates.
I don't want to see Joined Dates.
How do I know what level people are on?
Why can't this text be smaller?
Why can't this text be larger?Why can't this text move here?
So my question remains: if avatars are made 50 pixels wide, which of those now-user-customizable views will be lost? Or will it cut into the message area? The images above show views that would be affected by increased avatar width.
--
Oh man, I've ruined everything. I know. I'll go on tour with the Dead. They'll accept me. They’ll have to die sometime though. What then? I know. I'll be a Janitor.

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
join:2000-12-29
Channel Z
kudos:6

said by fatness:
So my question remains: if avatars are made 50 pixels wide, which of those now-user-customizable views will be lost?

Just some of my observations.

Since the "stars" were done away with that added space, so would losing the "%c Clubs, %L Level and %p Posts" be such a big loss?

•Since the posts aren't real time updated and they were removed once before I wouldn't mind if they were gone.

•The "Level" seems totally useless to me, unless someone is in this just for posting for "Level".

•As for the "Clubs" icon, we'll the stars are gone but they were left to keep the club icon. They do enjoy the benifit of the "Join Club" in the left menu.

--
»»»Press«««

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..
reply to fatness
said by fatness:
So my question remains: if avatars are made 50 pixels wide, which of those now-user-customizable views will be lost? Or will it cut into the message area? The images above show views that would be affected by increased avatar width.
Ditto what The skrote said. A line or two will wrap if the user has their settings a certain way. I really don't see how a huge impact will be made.

I am going to bow out and let the users explain things from here on out. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be a problem here that I don't understand.
--
Got an idle CPU? Check out Team Helix!