uniqs

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

New tv ad's--Chicago area. double speeds.

I live in the west suburbs of chicago, and i just finished an ad telling me that they doubled the speed of my internet. Now that they have the ad's, they must do it soon. has anybody else seen the ad's?
djdanska

djdanska

Premium Member

I saw the ad's on nick. Just before the fairly oddparents.
ryanmcv
join:2001-10-14
Phoenix, AZ
Asus GT-AXE16000
Alcatel-Lucent G-010G-A

ryanmcv to djdanska

to djdanska
Look closely at the fine print on the bottom of the ads. It will say "Upgraded speeds not available in all areas." Don't get your hopes up. We should have it by summer or fall.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Yah, i know. it was with the local ads so you would think that it can't be that far behind.
twmonaco
join:2002-12-07
Aurora, IL

twmonaco to djdanska

to djdanska
They did some work on the system last night around 2AM. The system was down quite a while. One thing I noticed as of today, I am able to run tracerts. I havn't been able to do that since July. A lot of packet loss though. OUCH!!!

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Im waiting for them to enable traffic shaping. i will be very happy when they do it. otherwise, the software based traffic shaping works wonders.
ryanmcv
Phoenix, AZ

ryanmcv to djdanska

to djdanska
That Bandwidth Controller program you posted a while ago doesn't seem to work with my new system. When I set the downstream to 210,000 my downloads max out at around 130 KB/s.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

1 edit

djdanska

Premium Member

I have to put it at 320000 for it to reach the 1.8/1.9 cap. weird but works. It puts the cap at 1.9 so it goes from 1.8 to 1.9. It is the best settings i found for speeds.
djdanska

djdanska

Premium Member

Click for full size
This is what i have mine set as.

Comcablrtl
join:2003-10-25
Midwest

Comcablrtl to djdanska

to djdanska
Once again I will give an accurate, however, vague update. The 3Mbps launch is right on "the real" schedule. Look for it to happen in the next 2-3 weeks. Send a message to me if you want a periodic update.
fartman1234
join:2002-10-14
Hanover Park, IL

fartman1234

said by Comcablrtl:
Once again I will give an accurate, however, vague update. The 3Mbps launch is right on "the real" schedule. Look for it to happen in the next 2-3 weeks. Send a message to me if you want a periodic update.

LMAO dude your funny didnt u say 2 to 3 weeks 3 to 6 weeks ago also haha.
ryanmcv
Phoenix, AZ
Asus GT-AXE16000
Alcatel-Lucent G-010G-A

ryanmcv

said by fartman1234:
said by Comcablrtl:

LMAO dude your funny didnt u say 2 to 3 weeks 3 to 6 weeks ago also haha.

That's what I was thinking, but thanks for the update Comcablrtl. I'll be sure to keep in touch with you.

Comcablrtl
join:2003-10-25
Midwest

Comcablrtl to fartman1234

to fartman1234
It was going to happen before. As you all remember the terrible slowdown that came 2 weeks ago (downstream speeds of 250Kbps). There was a delay, and now things are back on track.
ryanmcv
Phoenix, AZ
Asus GT-AXE16000
Alcatel-Lucent G-010G-A

ryanmcv

said by Comcablrtl:
It was going to happen before. As you all remember the terrible slowdown that came 2 weeks ago (downstream speeds of 250Kbps). There was a delay, and now things are back on track.

Let's hope things stay on track.

JMan0948
Where's The Background Music?
Premium Member
join:2003-03-25
Gilberts, IL

JMan0948 to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
YAY! About damn time we get some "New" info on this matter...
msdossys
join:2004-01-10
Grand Rapids, MI

msdossys to djdanska

to djdanska
heh, dont get your hopes up too much... they up the cap, but dont use too much or you'll end up with one of these: »www.msdossys.com/comcrap.gif
BrotherJPW0
join:2003-11-27
Glen Ellyn, IL

BrotherJPW0

I have not seen any AUP post for the Chicago area. Chicago must run things differently.

nobdoy
@comcast.net

nobdoy to djdanska

Anon

to djdanska
Comcast does not promise any minimum, or maximum speeds, period. Doesn't matter what their ads say, or what they tell you directly on the phone or email - the fine print says they do not guarantee **ANY** speed whatsoever. Pretty fucking shady business practice, I don't know how they get away with it. If I told my customer I was going to deliver a 6-foot piece of bar steel, and charged them for 6-feet, then I showed up with a 3-foot section and pointed to the "fine print" I'd be sued out of business, and probably be lucky to stay out of JAIL.

imrf
Premium Member
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI

imrf

Premium Member

said by nobdoy:
Pretty fucking shady business practice, I don't know how they get away with it.
Sure they can. Internet service is not regulated by any form of government, and since it says up to 3Mbps they can. It doesn't say 3Mbps guaranteed.
quote:
If I told my customer I was going to deliver a 6-foot piece of bar steel, and charged them for 6-feet, then I showed up with a 3-foot section and pointed to the "fine print"
That's not a good analogy. For your analogy to work like Comcasts, it would have to say up to a 6' piece of steel bar. Then you could point to your fine print saying that if a 6' bar is not available then they will get whatever you have. That is what Comcast's policy is like.

comcast lies
@comcast.net

comcast lies to djdanska

Anon

to djdanska
lol you must be a lawyer

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Yet another "get connected, faster" doubled speed ad on tv. Ok, now they are just teasing me. LOL
Reese1972
join:2003-03-08
Hazel Park, MI

Reese1972 to djdanska

to djdanska
You have to get a BAR exam to live and work in the USA.