spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tymfdc
join:2003-06-19
San Leandro, CA

tymfdc

what is included in standard installation

My house is cable ready. So far I signed up for packages that include free installation. All they do is to put on a filter or remove a filter. I don't even know why I have to be at home since they seem to try to avoid talking to me anyway. Just wondering if the free installation includes fixing a broken cable line and adding an outlet at a new location.

RonT0
join:2003-11-21
Mishawaka, IN

RonT0

A "basic" install covers connection of the cable modem to an existing outlet, and a signal test to ensure that all is good. There is a filter outside that will need to be removed as well. You will receive the installation CD (which isnt needed anyway) plus USB and Cat5 cables to connect the modem to your PC.

Here in Northern Indiana, there is a $14.95 charge to install a new outlet.

If the broken line is outside, I would think its Comcast's responsibility. If its inside, its your responsibility.

Best of luck to you...

tymfdc
join:2003-06-19
San Leandro, CA

tymfdc

Most of the outside cable line are within my property. Just wonder if I or someone broke the line and when I resign up for say cable TV. Will that be included as part of installation?

headhunter
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Blue Springs, MO

headhunter to tymfdc

Premium Member

to tymfdc
I think most standard installs include a new outlet to be run as long as it does not need to be wallfished. If the drop line to your house is cut or damaged they should also replace that free of charge.
JustTrouble
join:2001-11-28
Austin, TX

JustTrouble

Expanding this question, I've got a situation where we have cable outlets already(apartment) but are not currently getting cable TV. I've been signed up for the Basic/Standard HSI Installation and I'm wondering if that will get the job done(activation of the line)?

RonT0
join:2003-11-21
Mishawaka, IN

RonT0

said by JustTrouble:
Expanding this question, I've got a situation where we have cable outlets already(apartment) but are not currently getting cable TV. I've been signed up for the Basic/Standard HSI Installation and I'm wondering if that will get the job done(activation of the line)?

I'm in an apartment as well...if you are getting a "basic install" you will get a signal test, connection of the modem to one outlet (if you are renting the modem), and Install CD (makes a nice coaster).

headhunter
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Blue Springs, MO

headhunter to JustTrouble

Premium Member

to JustTrouble
If you already have a line in the room where your computer is they will just activate that one. If by chance that lines is damaged and won't carry the frequency needed then you will need a letter from your landlord saying it's ok to rerun the outlet.
JustTrouble
join:2001-11-28
Austin, TX

JustTrouble

RonT and Joker -- thanks for the info.