--
CRUNCH THIS!

Hellrazor
Bah Humbug

join:2002-02-02
Abyss, PA
Reviews:
·Service Electric..

First off most places allow a LEO to use force if they are a threat to the officer or the public. If the driver was drunk or stoned, notice his wonderfull ability to pull the truck over for emergency lights, he could be assumed intoxicated and a public threat back in his vehicle. I think it was quite stupid she didn't mace or pepper spray him and call for backup the whole time he was being a moron. A baton upside the head would do wonders too. Her voice could have caused brain damage to the poor guy...

testhomer

join:2001-12-26
Clovis, CA
reply to z aXis

She could have brought that idiot down in about 5 seconds with a night stick or mace. Dude was a complete moron and I bet he won't resist arrest the next time. Although, he might be a millionaire after the lawsuits are over...

Homer

INeBre8ted

join:2001-10-11
Lawton, OK
reply to z aXis

i think that drunk got what he deserved for not comlpyin with the with the demands of the police.

jdhamc

join:2001-06-10
Baltimore, MD

1 recommendation

WOW!!!

Like you're the only one that posted such a reply!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I'm thinkin inbreeders "R" us maybe!?

INeBre8ted

join:2001-10-11
Lawton, OK
reply to z aXis

i guess i am the only one here that has respect for a officer of the law, when i get pulled over, i do what the cops ask's.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to Comrade Joe

Yep, the hammer and sickle was a symbol of freedom and justice, NOT!

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
reply to Warzau

"Driver appears to flee. Trooper shoots. At this point she should have drawn either pepper spray or mace, shooting him should have been the last thing she should have done. Driver posed no life threating danger to trooper"

Were you there? How do you know? Everybody's an expert on the police, but guess who lathers them with praise when they need one.
--
See the thriving railroads of today, and of the future!»www.tomorrowsrailroads.org/, Check out this live rail cam of the BNSF "Chilli" Sub in Galesburg, IL- »64.40.92.210:1100/video/med.html

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to z aXis

NYPD, SCPD & NCPD are just as bad

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to Hooper

said by Hooper:
I just lost any respect I had left for police officers after seeing this.
Why is it every time 1 cop screws up, the general public blames all of them.

Last time a Doctor raped a patient, last time an accountant cooked the books at a major corporation, last time a mechanic ripped off a customer, last time an airline pilot got in the cockpit drunk, last time a teacher molested a grade school student I doubt you were the first person to say "I just lost any respect I had for (Fill in the profession).

It's easy to hate police officers. No one likes to be told what to do, or to get a ticket, or to be put in handcuffs.

Should this officer face criminal charges? I would say so. Does that mean the 200,000+ officers who do a good job every day meet with your disdain. I think that is very unfair.

I'm sure someone in your profession has done something reprehensible while working. Does that mean I should have no respect for you?

greengrin

join:2002-10-08
reply to z aXis

Re: [video] Oklahoma State Trooper shoots unarmed

I really hope this guys friend, familly, and the local mafia knows the name and address of this girl.
anyway, just the way she talks deserves annihilation...

Timt49

@mindspring.com

yep....that woman needs some jail time fer sure...looks like she was on a power trip herself...

i really don't think the various police agencies care who they hire anymore....

if i was gonna pull someone over and act like that while i was doing it, i sure as hell wouldn't want it to be recorded....don't think she was very smart either....

NDPTAL85

join:2002-01-23
Boston, MA

1 recommendation

reply to z aXis

Apparently an annoymous poster here believes that women are incapable of rational thought, are always negatively affected by PMS and all need prozac. I guess no male officers ever committ mistakes or errors of judgement and are perfect citizens in every job qualifaction out there.

What a crock of shit. This has absolutely nothing to do with this trooper's sex and everything to do with her foul temperament. And just for the rest of the neanderthals in the audience, a female can be ignorant, mean and angry without it having anything to do with their having PMS. Whats a man's excuse when he goes off the handle?

Hooper
Premium
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO
reply to N3OGH

Re: [video] Oklahoma State Trooper shoots unarmed man

said by N3OGH:
I'm sure someone in your profession has done something reprehensible while working. Does that mean I should have no respect for you?

You are right many folks in my profession have done things that are considered reprehensible, but I have to deal with police officers every day and this is MY opinion. Maybe if I didn't have to put up with their ignorance and attitude every day I would think better. They are not above the law as so many of them think. I love it when I see a judge berate an officer because he copied a probable cause affidavit and left the previous defendant's name on it.

digital k
Premium
join:2003-12-25
reply to z aXis

I have alot of respect for law enforcement in general, but this lady is the reason that some people look at cops as pigs. She had no right to shoot this guy, and I think it speaks volumes that she wasn't fired or even suspended. I am also one who believes that things you do that are bad will come back to bite you in the ass, she'll get hers sooner or later......

2kmaro
Think
Premium,ExMod 1 BC
join:2000-07-11
ColossalCave
reply to z aXis

What's the date on that? Could it have been after Trooper Nikki Green was shot and killed during a "routine" investigation of a car pulled off the highway (which turned out to be occupied by a guy running a portable meth lab in it)? Not justifying shooting an unarmed person, but there are some parts of a cops job that tend to make one a bit more nervous at times - having recently had a co-worker blown away on the job is probably one of them.
--
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. Barry LePatner

Ay_Gov
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Palos Hills, IL

1 edit

This incident occured 06/07/03, the shooting you're referring to occured 12/26/2003. I think the officer was out of line and should be suspended, fired, or punished in some way. As far as condemming the whole police profession b/c some officers feel they're above the law, well, that's very short sighted. I know plenty of police officers that do their jobs well and to paint their whole profession with the same brush is idiotic.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2
reply to Hooper

said by Hooper:

You are right many folks in my profession have done things that are considered reprehensible, but I have to deal with police officers every day and this is MY opinion. Maybe if I didn't have to put up with their ignorance and attitude every day I would think better. They are not above the law as so many of them think. I love it when I see a judge berate an officer because he copied a probable cause affidavit and left the previous defendant's name on it.

Yes, that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I didn't say I necessarily disagreed with your opinion. My point is that your opinion is dangerously close to being a generalization, like all lawyers are ambulance chasers, or all doctors are arrogant. Next thing ya know, all Irish people are drunks, and all Pollocks are stupid.

You say you deal with police officers every day. In all your dealings you can't think of 1 (only ONE) that you have even a shred of respect for? I'm not challenging you, I'm asking you an honest question. If you can't then your opinion is valid based on your experiences.

My opinion is slightly different. I suppose I've lived a charmed life, but every time I'm gotten pulled over or stopped, I've been treated with courtesy and respect. Even so, I was given a ticket once in VA and the officer lied in court about the circumstances. I had no respect for him, and I thought he was a jerk, it didn't make me hate EVERY cop. (Man, I was PISSED to boot).

When a family member of mine passed away several years ago, the ER doctor was the most arrogant jerk I ever dealt with, but it didn't make me hate EVERY doctor.

After reading your posts, it's clear you are an intelligent, educated individual. I'm sure you understand the point I'm trying to make.

OutOfMem
openSUSE 11.4
Premium
join:2001-05-11
reply to z aXis

Quality was so poor and the framerate was so bad that I could not make out what was going on.

z aXis
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Arlington Heights, IL

1 recommendation

reply to Ay_Gov

said by Ay_Gov:
As far as condemming the whole police profession b/c some officers feel they're above the law, well, that's very short sighted. I know plenty of police officers that do their jobs well and to paint their whole profession with the same brush is idiotic.

I agree. I also know some police officers personally and know them to be fair and cool headed. You cant blame all police for the actions of one. We have to remember that we are all human and therefore are not perfect.
--
Blue Dragon

nizbit
Learn to Swim
Premium
join:2003-09-20
Grainy
reply to z aXis

"But her actions did not warrant a criminal charge because she "may have avoided a public safety tragedy to innocent bystanders.""

Thats not for the lawyer to decide, but a jury.

whatever8
-Mike-
Premium
join:2003-10-01
Canada
reply to z aXis

Respect my Authorataa!!!

- Eric Cartman (south park)
--
i\am/canadian

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to z aXis

Anyone who drives while under the influence of any drugs or alcohol deserves anything coming to them...they are the ones killing others.

In this case... he got off easy.

hambone6666
Sigmarick Said Arse

join:2001-02-13
Stamford, CT
reply to z aXis

hehe...all that coughin'...I think she was doin some bingers behind wal mart a little beforhand.

der_panzer

join:2003-12-18
Lebanon, TN
reply to z aXis

If it were me, since I legally carry a concealed handgun, I probably would have shot the bitch in self defense. I can understand why he didn't obey her orders to turn around. He was probably afraid that she would have shot him regardless of what he did.

Straight from the ghetto to OHP. How wonderful. Remind me never to drive through Oklahoma. Can you imagine how she acts when she's NOT on camera?

Scary!

I am amazed at this kind of behavior from Highway Patrol. In most places, State Police / Highway Patrol are pretty laid back folks. If you treat them with respect, they'll give you the same. She didn't even give him a chance.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
Reviews:
·Charter

1 recommendation

reply to digiblur

said by digiblur:
Anyone who drives while under the influence of any drugs or alcohol deserves anything coming to them...they are the ones killing others.

In this case... he got off easy.

extreme, but i have to agree. he should thank the police officer for stopping him before he wrecked his vehicle and killed a baby and her mother.

RipTides

join:2002-05-25
Dallas, GA

1 recommendation

reply to digiblur

To the idiots who think that people who get pulled over had what is coming to them...
Sorry but i was subjected the same treatment once from a female officer. I was pulled me over for no obvious reason by one mid-afternoon, I was never told what i was being pulled over for.
The temp was about 15 degrees outside and i had left about 1/4 of glass in the window. The officer had one hand on her gun the other on the metal clipboard she carried, she busted out the remaining glass in my new car with the clipboard. Proceeded to pull me and my fiance who was sick with the flu out of the car and made us lie in a muddy ditch while she and another officer handcuffed us. We were on our way to a doctor appointment for my fiance btw. The real unfun part was having a gun pressed against the back of my head during the handcuff procedure.

By the time the supervising officer had pulled up we had been lying handcuffed in the ditch for about 10 minutes, an assisting officer was totally cleaning out my car of all my personal belongings. The first thing the super told the one officer was that it was just dandy that he was taking all my stuff, as long as that officer didn't mind being arrested when getting back to the station house for stealing, and losing their job. I was then asked if i wanted to file charges for the busted windows. That the other officer, the female, was promptly going to be suspended for destruction of property.

To be honest, if that super hadn't had pulled up when he did, no damn telling what else what had went on after that. Funny thing is, i don't drink, i don't do drugs, and in the end, i was never told what it was that i had done to get me pulled over in the first place. I had to pick up my belongings on the side of the road and put them all back into the car myself, because during the apologies by the super, both the other officers got the hell out of dodge.

You can read and read and voice your own damn clueless opinion about shit like this. But then the day comes you are driving down the road and see bluelights behind you and next thing you know you are lying in a ditch handcuffed for no reason. When in that position all you are going to do is kiss ass and lick boot to be let up and on your way and hope to god said officers don't pull you ever again.
I had all the respect in the world for the police until that incident in my life. Esp since my fiances uncle and brother were both officers in another county. But after that i will be damned if i am going to "trust" another police officer ever again.

iMiKE23

join:2003-01-26
Los Angeles, CA
reply to z aXis

The officers language is unacceptable. You should not be cursing at all and she had the audacity to tell the guy to watch his language.

Where was her backup. You always call for backup if you feel the situation is getting out of hand and with both of them cursing and the suspect not co-operating I would call my backup.

Lawsuit...

zcd
Condom Sense

join:2001-10-03
Plano, TX
reply to z aXis

First thing I noticed wrong was she was standing between her squad car and the other drivers; she is supposed to do any tests or questioning onto the side (shoulder) so if a car rams the back of her car, it won't squish them. Second; the excessive use of profanity was unnecessary and shows a lack of professionalism. I'm sure glad all cops aren't as stupid as her.

OutOfMem
openSUSE 11.4
Premium
join:2001-05-11
reply to RipTides

said by RipTides:
But after that i will be damned if i am going to "trust" another police officer ever again.

So because of this "single" incident, all police officers are not to be trusted?