Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RumpShaka

join:2004-02-18
Latonia, KY
reply to newt182

Re: Zoomtown Upgrade!

Nope....No email like they stated....Modem just turned off at about 11:30 at night and then about 10 mins later. I had the upgrade.

yock
TFTC
Premium
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH
kudos:3
reply to DeathK
We made BBr Front Page News!

»Zoomtown gets 3mbit

phil2k

@fuse.net
hey the guys that got the 3mbit upgrade could u tell how far u r away from the co? i think i am 10000-11000 ft away.

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
Looks like my connection is in the process of getting upgraded at the moment..

»/forum ··· #9543264

DeathK
Premium
Cincinnati, OH
It's the morning and it looks like the download is still only 768kbps. I guess I'll have to give 'em a call if it isn't fixed soon...

yock
TFTC
Premium
Miamisburg, OH
Have you tried retraining the DSL router?

dralston

join:2004-03-01
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone in the Mt. Healthy CO seen anything yet? I lost my connection a couple times overnight recently (unusual) and have had to retrain/reboot in the morning and thought maybe that was it but no speed increase

From what I read they are not sending an advance e-mail as advertised?

DeathK
Premium
Cincinnati, OH
reply to yock
quote:
Have you tried retraining the DSL router?
Yep, I tried a few times. The download speed still didn't train at the higher speed that it should. I'm at work now, but I'll have to check it out when I get home this evening.

DeathK
Premium
Cincinnati, OH
Just got off the phone with tech support. The guy was trying to fix it on his end. He said at the higher frequency of the upgraded speed the connection was flaking out for some reason or another. He set the speeds back down to the 768 connection for now and I'm going to have to stay at that until the problem can be resolved (I doubt they're going to try and fix it in a timely manner though.. please prove me wrong CinBelTel).

I think it's a problem on their end and not an issue with something like the phone lines and distance from the CO. They might still have one of those testers on the line that's messing it up or they didn't set something properly at the CO. The reason I think this is because of the upload speed my connection trained at: 952kbps. That's higher than the supposed 768kbps upload for the 3Mbit speed.

*sigh* I hope this gets fixed

viper453

join:2003-03-30
Cincinnati, OH
reply to DeathK
don't feel bad i am still at old hyperspeed caps i having been touched yet

yock
TFTC
Premium
Miamisburg, OH
reply to DeathK
I don't know about line testers causing a problem like that. I had them on my phone lines at the house I used to live in and they were FAR more problematic than just speed problems. They would completely disconnect us from the Zoomtown network. Having them removed solved the problem completely.

If you go into my profile and check out my ISP reviews, you'll see I actually documented that very problem.

newt182

join:2004-01-27
Loveland, OH
reply to DeathK
Does anyone who has been upgraded have the Cisco 675?

viper453

Cincinnati, OH
i have one but no upgrade. but i think things will be fine cause u can just call them after match 14th and tell them to fix your speeds. i've been with zoomtown for 5 yrs and in that time frame i've had 2 other upgrades. 384/96 to 768/384 then 768/384 to 1.5/768. but i had to call to get my upgrades on both of those : (.

anyways i think we r very luck to have such a awesome provider thats offering 3mbit/768kbit for only $40 a month. i know speak easy had the 3mbit/768 but they want $100 a month lmao, theres sbc that offers 6mbit/608 for $45 but i read that there going to get rid of that plan and make a 1.5-3mbit/384 for $45 a month instead.

yock
TFTC
Premium
Miamisburg, OH
reply to newt182
said by newt182:
Does anyone who has been upgraded have the Cisco 675?

My dad does, and his speed has been rather impressive.

newt182

join:2004-01-27
Loveland, OH
Got the email from Zoomtown today. 48 hours i should be upgraded. woohoo!

db2ericp

join:2004-03-04
Bellevue, KY
reply to viper453
Don't count on uprade to help. When I was at 1500, speed
tests consistently showed 1000-1170. They 'upgraded' me and now the fastest I ever get is 800 and often below 600??

Maybe I should downgrade to the old 768 service and hope that the 'upgrade' gets me back to where I started?

*BAD UPGRADE***

DeathK
Premium
Cincinnati, OH
Still nothing here. Got home from work this evening to see that the download speed is training even lower... 640kbps. I'm starting to lose my patience.

viper453

Cincinnati, OH
nothing here either. i am still at 1600 an i live in cincinnati : ( but cinergy will be coming out in my area withing 6 months so i might switch. they r going to have the same upload speed as download so 3mbit/3mbits would be alot better than 3mbit/768kbits.

yock
TFTC
Premium
Miamisburg, OH
I've only heard that Cinergy's product will be 1/1 and not 3/3. Is there new information?

dralston

Cincinnati, OH
reply to DeathK
Are they doing this by CO or what? I am getting mixed results ... some apparent increase in down load speed though not what expected. But no e-mail so have no idea if I have been upgraded or not. The tech rep on the phone a few days ago could tell me nothing and e-mails go unacknowledged.

Has anyone in the Mt. Healthy CO got any information.

TIA.

P.S. Is the Zoomtown download test a reliable indicator?

»broadband.zoomtown.com/download/

As reference it was running between 200 and 300 kbps for me today generally around 230. What should I expect?

viper453

Cincinnati, OH
reply to yock
»www.cinergy.com/News/def ··· s_id=420 they will be offering multible tiers. they say there going to offer 3/3 for the price of cincinnati bell and roadrunner about.

thecrock138

join:2004-02-07
Williamsburg, OH
reply to DeathK
This is my first post here but, has anyone noticed a lot of packet loss and high pings since they got the upgrade. I was upgraded last tuesday and since then I havent really been able to play any online games without major lag.

viper453

Cincinnati, OH
said by thecrock138:
This is my first post here but, has anyone noticed a lot of packet loss and high pings since they got the upgrade. I was upgraded last tuesday and since then I havent really been able to play any online games without major lag.

have u tried the speed test? maybe they have u trained really slow.

thecrock138

Williamsburg, OH
Test 1 2388/787 kbps
Test 2 2375/785 kbps
Test 3 2336/773 kbps

These are from last week, all from diffrent test sites on here.
My line quality tests usually fail with 97-99% packet loss.

I'm currently at work so this is the best I can do.

viper453

Cincinnati, OH
yeah i have alot of trouble with the line test too: (

nahog99

join:2004-02-29
Cincinnati, OH
reply to dralston
Hey i was just wondering is there anyone from the Wyoming area that has had the upgrade? I still havent seen a difference and theres only a week to go before they said all the accounts will be upgraded

dralston

Cincinnati, OH
Although I have heard nothing and none of my queries have been answered it appears I am upgraded. Seem to be getting about 2.3 Mbps on the Zoomtown download and less on other tests but significantly more than in the past. They may just have done mine to get me to quit asking.

customer

@fuse.net
reply to viper453
do u know when they will get the cinergy internet in crosby and harrison

thecrock138

Williamsburg, OH
reply to DeathK
I called cinergy and they said they didnt know when it would be in my area. So if anyone gets it let us know how it is. Right now I'm happy with my zoomtown upgrade, except for the line quality tests.

viper453

Cincinnati, OH
reply to schmattie
said by schmattie:
said by RumpShaka:
Where did you find that they will upgrade the upload to 1.5 next year?

A bird said so...I have a friend that works @ bell.

you know if they plan on bring hyperspeed back next yr with speed around 4-6mbit/1.5?