Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

Read Posts all Gone to Red

First, I received a "permission denied" in the Cox Forum. After that all the posts went to the red envelope.

Ditto for other forums.

GeekNJ
Premium Member
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ

Premium Member

Same for me.

Performance is horrible too. Pages taking quite a long time to display while all other sites seem fine.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

A "birdie" told me that there is some work going on in the background.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

1 edit

skj to Irish Shark

Mod

to Irish Shark
There is apparently some site maintenance taking place, as is occasionally the case on Sunday evenings. Earlier, some forums were not showing up in the forum list.

Edit: Oops. I guess you already found this out.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to Irish Shark

Mod

to Irish Shark
I hope fatness isn't playing with the tool box again. You all know what happens when he does.

sash

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Poor monkey....always taking the rap

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to Irish Shark

MVM

to Irish Shark
I noticed it too... the site went down for a couple of minutes around 6 pm tonite... when I was able to reconnect, everything was red!
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Irish Shark

Premium Member

to Irish Shark
I doubt this is due to site maintenance because I had all posts in
"followed" suddenly turn to red envelopes around noon Sunday which would be 5PM EST. I doubt Justin was working on the site when Sundays from about 5PM till 11PM is the highest usage time for the internet. I imagine he would choose most any other time for routine work. Perhaps the work was urgent?

Not only did the site "hiccup" (actually my screen suddenly flickered and then everything was red) and turn all the posts red but it also turned posts I read yesterday and that had no further replies in the thread red. So, I haven't been able to tell today what threads I follow really have new posts.

I agree the site is horribly slow also all day and tonite too.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj

Mod

If the issue is still a concern for you, all I can tell you is that when I noticed some forums disappear from my favorites list at around 6PM EST I was told there were some changes being made to the site. Others were also told there was some site maintenance going on. I didn't notice the red the red envelope issue, so I can't tell you it was related.