DrTCP
Yours truly

join:1999-11-09
Round Rock, TX

DrTCP to tonydi

to tonydi

Re: SBC DSL and the FUSF

said by tonydi:
Since all of those things get paid to various govt depts, it's gotta be easier to keep track that way.
But FUSF is not paid to government. It stays with the Telco to provide the services sactioned by the government. They can easily do the accounting internally. User does not need to know. This is added seperately as a way of jacking up the price. Many Telco actually collecting more than they need to collect.
tonydi
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
San Jose, CA

tonydi

Premium Member

said by DrTCP:
said by tonydi:
Since all of those things get paid to various govt depts, it's gotta be easier to keep track that way.
But FUSF is not paid to government. It stays with the Telco to provide the services sactioned by the government. They can easily do the accounting internally. User does not need to know. This is added seperately as a way of jacking up the price. Many Telco actually collecting more than they need to collect.
You keep saying this and apparently you missed where I asked you for a reference. I gave you references that refute what you're claiming....yet you keep claiming it. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true, show us some proof.

scavio
Premium Member
join:2001-07-14
Melmac

scavio

Premium Member

said by tonydi:
said by DrTCP:
said by tonydi:
You keep saying this and apparently you missed where I asked you for a reference. I gave you references that refute what you're claiming....yet you keep claiming it. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true, show us some proof.

I'm guessing that is because he is wrong and chooses to ignore your question. We dump all this money into the federal USF, and last year three states, Mississippi, Alabama, and West Virginia, got 85% of the money (Mississippi got well over half of it!). A total of eight states got money, and this year it goes all the way up to ten.

The whole FUSF stinks, and they are out to increase it as much as possible. The closed door debates never include those who actually have to pay the taxes (yes, it is a tax) and I feel like we have no say in it.