spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tr6scott
join:2002-03-23
Oxford, MI

tr6scott

[XP Pro] OMCI Driver failed to load ER:0726

Had a hard crash, straight to reboot, started to look for a problem, and when went to event viewer, I saw nothing for the hard reset, but I am having this error logged. Anyone know what this is?

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
OMCI
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I did a google and it appears to be a Dell managment driver, the box is not a Dell, and I don't remember installing any Dell software. First occurance is 1/5/04 in the event log.

Did a search of hard drive, and it show not "OMCI" files found. Did a regedit search and found it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_OMCI\0000
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\OMCI

Any ideas on what uses this service, and if I can simply clean out the registry of these?

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

Did you see?
»www.eventid.net/displayq ··· ventid=1

"Event ID: 1
Event Source: OMCI
Event Type: -
Event Description: -
Comment: EventID:1
Source:OMCI
Some Desktop systems (for example: Dell Optiplex) uses OMCI for security. This is an intrusion detection system. It loggs in the applikationlog. To delete this Information: Clear the warning under security in the system setup (bios). Index: 685 "

tr6scott
join:2002-03-23
Oxford, MI

tr6scott

I saw that in the google search, but I don't understand it.
The resolution is to something in the bios, which I don't hav e a Dell system or bios, so I am confussed about this.

My hardware is in the tag line, and I have the latest bios for the IS7.

I am pretty sure the hard reset was temp related, as I was encoding a video, which was using a lot of the CPU power.