spc
uniqs
drew224
join:2004-01-13
Matteson, IL

drew224 to HiSpeeDGaMeR

to HiSpeeDGaMeR

Re: Does Comcast provide Dial-up?

I'm planning on getting Comcast as soon as they finishing upgrading my area, and I've been wondering about back-up dial-up. I saw someone recommended the juno free account with 10 hrs. a month. Does anyone know the per minute price if you go over? I searched their site and it didn't really say any where. I really don't wanna pay $10/month and only use it a couple times a year so I'd like to know if the per minute over 10 hrs fees are reasonable.
LrdVader
Premium Member
join:2003-12-18
San Diego, CA

LrdVader

Premium Member

said by drew224:
I saw someone recommended the juno free account with 10 hrs. a month. Does anyone know the per minute price if you go over?

I don't believe there *is* a per minute overage price. I think the account's just disabled for the rest of the month. Netzero used to have an option to pay $19.95 for unlimited access for the rest of the month if you hit 10 hours, but that seems to have gone away when they merged with Juno.

If you want the option to occasionally go over 10 hours for a reasonable cost, check out Access-4-Free at »www.access4free.com. They charge $1/hr after 10 hours, with a maximum of $10 a month. Once you hit $10 (20 hours total), it's unlimited for the rest of the month. They also don't display ads, and thus don't require a special dialer.
drew224
join:2004-01-13
Matteson, IL

drew224

Sounds like a great deal. Thanks.