uniqs

Dualcyclone
@cable.ubr01.azte.blu

Dualcyclone to RISC

Anon

to RISC

Re: Belkin products dropping connections

Hi,

Ive attempted to update firmware before on my router (F5D7230) and if decided to die, and dont really want to attempt to do it again.

But my router seems to like dropping connection with all computers to it at very random time limits, then does not allow reconnection for maybe upwards of 20 minutes, unless i go and turn off the router and turn it back on after about 2 minutes.

This is an annoying problem to have, anybody give me any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks
RISC
join:2004-03-07

RISC

Hi Dualcyclone,

Can you be more specific on your config :
1/ which equipment do you use as clients ?
2/ could you identify other wireless equipments around (from neighbours or so)
3/ "dropping connection" : what is the fact telling you that connection drops : router setup menu with "disconnected in red", physical link loss with the PCs (red icons), loss of connection when using P2P during download
4/ are you using bluetooth around ? (I personally made the experience with my previous Belkin 802.11b equipment that starting bluetooth was immediately killing the physical connection between client PC and router.)
belchkin
join:2004-04-12
Flushing, NY

belchkin to Dualcyclone

to Dualcyclone
I have a Belkin 802.11b PCI adapter talking to the 54g router.

It was constantly dropping connections with a perfect signal.

I figured out the problem using the Windows event viewer: the DHCL lease was expiring every so often. Yes, the router was set to never expire DHCP leases!

So I assigned a fixed IP address to the machine and the problem went away.