Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to enOehT

MVM

to enOehT

Re: What happened to our Posting Tags?

Hmmm...a bit overmuch on the "melodramatics"...if I was overly "pissed", I'd simply leave...but I'm not

I do wish things were left well-enough alone, but its the folks that visit here that keep me coming back, not stars/bars/trinkets, etc.

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed to login name2

Premium Member

to login name2

Re: what's going on with avatar?

said by login name2:
Zin6 doesn't care either, does he?

Probably not. Why don't you ask him?

enOehT
Premium Member
join:2003-05-17
Easton, PA

enOehT to nil

Premium Member

to nil

said by nil:
much of what I read here are demands and just rude.
Venting in progress. People are just venting.

login name2
Premium Member
join:2000-08-11

login name2 to nil

Premium Member

to nil
said by nil:
You get to choose how you're viewed through what you post, not through what trinkets and decorations hang near your post.

If that is the case Nil, why do we show ANY information besides our names? What does it matter to anyone else where I am from,when i joined, and what CLUB I belong to? If I "express" myself through all of my posts, why have such superfluous information attached to our posts?

nil

join:2000-11-27

3 recommendations

nil

So there will be something to complain about when it changes. Duh.

login name2
Premium Member

login name2

Premium Member

I guess that was as best an answer I could have expected, considering

F walker
Hey Intern, Get Me A Campari
Premium Member
join:2003-04-10
Anchorage, AK

F walker

Premium Member

said by login name2:
I guess that was as best an answer I could have expected, considering

Agreed. Seems like more than you could've asked for....considering.

Maxxxt
Peculiar Mental Twist
Premium Member
join:2001-06-12
Anchorage, AK

Maxxxt to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
Click for full size

I have wasted half of my "sick" day "cough"...playing with HTML. I will now go and do something more fun...UT2004.
%a3<div style="font: bold 13px/16px Comic Sans MS">%f</div><small><b>%u</b><br><br><br>
%t<br><b>%l</b><br>-cut-%L{<b>Level:</B> } %c<br><b>Posts:</B> %p<br>
<b>Since:</b> %j<br><b>Online:</b> %o<br></small><br>

PS. I borrowed most from other people, thanks.

xNPC
As Usual, Have Nice Day
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Errington, BC

1 edit

1 recommendation

xNPC to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
i added the code to how i see people...kinda looks ok now, upon reflection i choose not to bitch anymore.

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium Member
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

1 recommendation

POB to neutral

Premium Member

to neutral
said by neutral:

How would the entire site even be notified of an upcoming design change?
The same way we all found out about this thread. On the FRONT PAGE just like all of the other popular threads are announced. Nobody needed a roadmap to get to this thread but somehow enough people found it to comment sufficient to take the thread out in excess of 13 pages.

Instead of arbitrarily unleashing a forum change on a whim, mgt should have forewarned people that things were going to change. This is called professional courtesy, and since half the people on this site paid for the privilege, that was the very least that mgt could have done.

rmayo
Premium Member
join:2003-03-20
Winfield, KS

rmayo to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
I am not seeing the Lvl

Hot_Rats
He's Not Tor Johnson
join:2003-07-08
Indianapolis, IN

Hot_Rats to enOehT

to enOehT
While I do appreciate this site and my ability to use it free-of-charge, I would like to reiterate that this new view does, in fact, suck big rocks.

The user names are too tiny, and the avatars do not really distinguish one user from another. Maybe it's just my tired old eyes, but I can't tell who anybody is anymore.

That's my $.02, for what it's worth.

rtcpenguin
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Fairfax, VA

rtcpenguin to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
Its awesome because I remember when posting tags were introduced, and I was like "these tags are the suxx0rs", to which Justin replied something along the lines of "you cant remove them EVER", alas, they are gone. A few months later, post counts were taken away, but now I have that back....
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to dandelion

Premium Member

to dandelion
Said by dandelion:
>Maybe I've missed a relevant post but would appreciate a link to read a logical explanation for this change.

Justin has given his answer here:

»[request] Everyone has an opinion
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
Why user name is not printed with a bold font?

Here, we use the user names to refer to somebody in our posts (example: OZO See Profile). Fine font makes it more difficult to find the name of that user. Especially if above the name there is "Posting tag" printed in bold font.

Can we fix it?

It will encourage people use correct names in posts (not a part of phrase taken from posting tag, which as you know happens quite often).

BTW, at the same time anonymous name is in bold. Any logic behind that?
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

>BTW, at the same time anonymous name is in bold. Any logic behind that?

That's to encourage all us unhappy members to just post ANON. If I could keep my Canadian theme, I would do just that. The only reason I see now for being a member here is so you don't have to look at the horrible blue themes that many forums use as default. I can get just as much help and give just much help as ANON. Take away those ugly forum colors, and I'll dollarcide in a moment. I am very, very weary of all the changes here. Very few have been for the better.
Expand your moderator at work

Bubba
GIT-R-DONE
MVM
join:2002-08-19
St. Andrews

Bubba

MVM

said by login name2:
If its not about the info near our posts, but the content in our posts that make the site what it is, then lead by example and show others what you mean by deleting all of your unecessary info.

How would you ever know ? Aren't we seeing how we want to see members if we use I see people ? Instead of seeing members and ourselves as the coders presented it to us in the past....don't we now have the ability to modify it like we want it....minus the stars of course ?
Expand your moderator at work
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20 to Bubba

Premium Member

to Bubba

Well, you don't have the right to see my avatar nor my posting tag no matter how hard you try because I do still have a bit of control left and I got rid of them.

I am completely opposed to the entire concept of "I see people" as it destroys community spirit. Everyone should see the same thing. I don't think Premium members should have "I see people". But then I have always been strongly opposed to Premium membership as the means to infuse funds. It is too divisive and we are reaping the "rewards" of that right now just as I warned when Justin made that poor decision instead of getting funds in a fairer manner. I'm very sorry now that I accepted an anon gift of premium membership sometime ago. I'd like to go back to original membership because I am proud to be an original member and to have been here when this site was great. I am no longer proud to be a Premium member.

login name2
Premium Member

login name2

Premium Member

I feel the same way. I was "grandfathered" in and basically had about 90% of the "premium" features anyway, before i received an anonymous donation to go premium.

stev32k
Premium Member
join:2000-04-27
Mobile, AL

stev32k to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
I'm not a premium member (but maybe I should be) and the changes suggested by en0eht worked. The view is back to what it was.

Candle12
Micro Developer
Premium Member
join:2003-03-24

Candle12 to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
One less forum I want to come to now ..

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium Member
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

viperpa33s to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
I just contributed $10 to be a premium member, better late than never. How long does it take for it to show up on my account?

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA

koitsu

MVM

Mine took about 60 seconds after posting payment; the process on BBR is likely automatic -- it depends on how quick BBR's mail servers receive the payment notification, and more importantly, how quick Paypal's servers send out the notification.

Optimized
MVM,
join:2001-05-03
Ringwood, NJ

Optimized to viperpa33s

MVM,

to viperpa33s
said by viperpa33s:
I just contributed $10 to be a premium member, better late than never. How long does it take for it to show up on my account?

Are you talking about the tool points or the Premium tag showing up after you » ··· upgrade?
LrdVader
Premium Member
join:2003-12-18
San Diego, CA

LrdVader to koitsu

Premium Member

to koitsu
said by koitsu:
Mine took about 60 seconds after posting payment; the process on BBR is likely automatic -- it depends on how quick BBR's mail servers receive the payment notification, and more importantly, how quick Paypal's servers send out the notification.

Not everyone pays through Paypal. I didn't.

F walker
Hey Intern, Get Me A Campari
Premium Member
join:2003-04-10
Anchorage, AK

F walker

Premium Member

OMG JUST LOCK THESE THREADS ALREADY...................

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to Mele20

MVM

to Mele20
said by Mele20:
Said by dandelion:
>Maybe I've missed a relevant post but would appreciate a link to read a logical explanation for this change.

Justin has given his answer here:

»[request] Everyone has an opinion

Thanks for the help-although "legacy code" etc. is a little beyond my computer knowledge

WGM39
join:2004-03-07
Washougal, WA

4 edits

WGM39 to enOehT

to enOehT
Good to go.

Edit again: Besides you can see stars here for example »/who/xx?dx=115