how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skilos

join:2000-08-19
Astoria, NY

Mail over quota

Just sent my friend an email attachment it was a .mov file about 3.5meg, And I get this back from RR "Warning: Your e-mail storage quota has been exceeded. This quota includes all folders, not just your Inbox. Please save your e-mail to your PC and remove it from the server or new mail may not be received.
This message is auto-generated, please do not reply."

????

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-10
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:5

Road Runner has a Mail Quota of 10 MB.

Also the Maximum Mail Size for incoming and outgoing is 5 MB.

Skilos

Astoria, NY

1 edit
reply to Skilos

ok so my attachment should of went

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Brooklyn, NY

said by Skilos:
ok so my attachment should of went

The rest of your mailbox could of already taken up much space, say for instance 8.5 MB, when you try to send a 3.5 MB file, it will be rejected by the servers, try cleaning out your mail box(Every Folder), and try again.
--
[OOL/CVC 8.4Mbps/950kbps CABLE $29.95 & Road Runner CABLE 3.03Mbps/369kbps Coax $44.95]::: Surf on Coaxial Cable! :::

saber11
Check Six
Premium
join:2000-06-09
Clayton, OH
reply to Skilos

If your outlook express is not downloading mail to your PC, then there probably is SENT MAIl sitting on the server. You will need to delete that everything in thaat folder, then it should be good to go.
--
I know what I know, and that's about it.

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Brooklyn, NY

said by saber11:
If your outlook express is not downloading mail to your PC, then there probably is SENT MAIl sitting on the server. You will need to delete that everything in thaat folder, then it should be good to go.

Correct, Skilos See Profile, go into RR Webmail to make sure everything is cleared off your RR Server or atleast make space to send your attachement -- »webmail.nyc.rr.com
--
[OOL/CVC 8.4Mbps/950kbps CABLE $29.95 & Road Runner CABLE 3.03Mbps/369kbps Coax $44.95]::: Surf on Coaxial Cable! :::

Skilos

Astoria, NY
reply to Skilos

You mean i have to delete every email from my "sent folder" in outlook?

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Brooklyn, NY

said by Skilos:
You mean i have to delete every email from my "sent folder" in outlook?

Not *every* e-mail just enough to make space to send your attachment.
--

Skilos

Astoria, NY
reply to Skilos

I very raerly if never use the RR webmail all folders are empty

Skilos

Astoria, NY
reply to Skilos

dosent outlook store stuff localy on my drive, why does RR care if my Outlook Sent folder is full

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Brooklyn, NY

said by Skilos:
dosent outlook store stuff localy on my drive, why does RR care if my Outlook Sent folder is full

It does store it on your local hard drive *IF* you set it up that way, your sent items can *still* be on the server which is a problem for you if you want to continue sending and receiving e-mail via RR.
--

Skilos

Astoria, NY
reply to Skilos

Ok so like i said my RRwebmail folders are all empty, im sending from outlook

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Brooklyn, NY

said by Skilos:
Ok so like i said my RRwebmail folders are all empty, im sending from outlook

Ok try removing some e-mails from Outlook Express and make sure *ALL* e-mail is downloaded directly to your Local Disk Drive, If that doesn't work, Try Asking Road Runner Tech Support -- Chat.
--

Skilos

Astoria, NY
reply to Skilos

Ok thanks

pcdebb
RIP dadkins
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Skilos

hmm that's a little wierd. sent mail is only stored locally, not on their servers. only way i can see sent mail sitting on thier servers is if it hasnt yet been delivered to the recipient. have you tried sending it again?
--
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car ... (posts) ... AIM ...

drgonzo
Premium
join:2002-10-28
Shawnee, KS

Are the mail cap's local per region or is it a nationwide policy....I could have SWORN I have sent attachments far in excess of 5 megs....

Just curious....

-DrGonzo
--
"Discharge of a nuclear weapon shall be deemed a warlike act,even if accidental." -- My homeowners insurance policy

LrdVader
Premium
join:2003-12-18
San Diego, CA

1 edit
reply to pcdebb

said by pcdebb:
hmm that's a little wierd. sent mail is only stored locally, not on their servers. only way i can see sent mail sitting on thier servers is if it hasnt yet been delivered to the recipient. have you tried sending it again?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Unless you're using IMAP, which RR doesn't support, there's no way for Outlook to write anything to a server-side folder.

The only way I could see an outgoing message taking up quota space would be if it bounced back, and the remote server was silly enough to send the entire attachment back, instead of just an error message. I had this happen once back when I was using dialup, and it's possible there are still some servers out there that would do it.

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:1

Outlook and Outlook Express do NOT keep anything on servers with RoadRunner when you SEND e-mail, they are NOT using Exchange servers

Emptying your sent items is not going to do anything for you. What you may want to check is whether you have "keep mail on server" checked, which keeps a copy of every e-mail on the server until a client that does not have that setting downloads it.

You can also just go into webmail and see what is in there, but the Outlook suggestion is ludicrous, that would only work if you use Outlook in a business environment with an Exchange server.
--
And i'm right. I'm always right, but this time I'm a little more right then I usually am.