Premium Member
join:2003-05-17
Easton, PA

3 recommendations

enOehT

Premium Member

Dear Justin,

Dear justin See Profile,

I am writing this letter on behalf of the BBR members who would like to know what is currently going on at BBR. In recent days, we have noticed many changes to the site, most notable, the change to the posting tags. In addition, we have noticed that BBR has been offline for maintenance more than usual. I for one am very curious as to what is occurring.

These are some of my questions:

What was the reasoning behind changing the posting tags?

Why where the stars removed? Was it because there was too great a load on the server?

Are there any plans to bring back the stars? Or can we assume the stars are gone for good?

Is there a problem with the BBR servers handling the current load?

Are there any problems with the database used to store BBR? Or are the database updates just for optimization?

Finally, and most importantly, what are your future plans for BBR? Any new and exciting improvements you would like to share with us?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Lastly, I would like to thank you and the other employees at BBR for making this the best forum on the internet, period.

Respectfully,

enOehT See Profile

Please sign below to thank justin See Profile

Hawk
Premium Member
join:2003-08-25

Hawk

Premium Member

*sign*

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

1 edit

C0deZer0 to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
*SIGN*:p

anwgo153
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
Roselle Park, NJ

anwgo153 to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
*sign*

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

1 recommendation

dandelion to enOehT

MVM

to enOehT
*sign*, and I would like to add that when the site theme was changed for the same all over, it REALLY helped my eyes!:)

thebombs12
Mr. Bombs
join:2001-10-23
San Francisco, CA

thebombs12 to enOehT

to enOehT
*sign*

moving stars fascinate me. the old static ones were boring =\

owenhome
keeper of the magic blue smoke
Premium Member
join:2002-07-13
Bentonville, AR

owenhome to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
*sign* annnnnnnnnnnnnnd signed.............

LU89
Jersey Devil
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24
@desk

2 recommendations

LU89 to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

5 recommendations

Mike to enOehT

Mod

to enOehT
I know you asked for justin, but I can pop some.
quote:
What was the reasoning behind changing the posting tags?
quote:
Why where the stars removed? Was it because there was too great a load on the server?
Nope, we still have "post whores". It became dumb after awhile. It's no longer fun is my best guess.
quote:
Are there any plans to bring back the stars? Or can we assume the stars are gone for good?
I dunno.
quote:
Is there a problem with the BBR servers handling the current load?
Not at all. Upgraded servers and trying to optimize it and working the bugs out. 2.6 kernel and RAID is fun.
quote:
Are there any problems with the database used to store BBR? Or are the database updates just for optimization?
I dunno.
quote:
Finally, and most importantly, what are your future plans for BBR? Any new and exciting improvements you would like to share with us?
Not for me.

I want to do an international doctor ping database with drop down selectors to switch in the current one, no new programs required. (ie: canada, uk, aussieland, taiwan), but there hasn't been much demand for it so on the back burner it goes. The only thing is, people tend to get pissed when they have 20mbps of incoming pings 24/7.

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

removed to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
*object* - I hate letters.
LrdVader
Premium Member
join:2003-12-18
San Diego, CA

LrdVader to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
*sign*

Hawk
Premium Member

Hawk to removed

Premium Member

to removed
more of an electronic communique, and thanks Mike See Profile

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

drew to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
I don't expect any response from him, and I don't think anyone else should either. this is his site, he's god, prime minister, president, dictator, whatever and he doesn't have to explain his actions. if he chooses to, so be it. I don't care one bit

JMan0948
Where's The Background Music?
Premium Member
join:2003-03-25
Gilberts, IL

JMan0948

Premium Member

said by drew:
I don't expect any response from him, and I don't think anyone else should either. this is his site, he's god, prime minister, president, dictator, whatever and he doesn't have to explain his actions. if he chooses to, so be it. I don't care one bit

No, I guess to a certain degree he doesn't have to explain his actions. But when people are as outraged as they are now, a certain explanation is in order; not just some marketing-type response (AKA go Premium to change it, even though you really can't and these rehashes are just crap).

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

removed

Premium Member

Outraged? hehe. People were outraged when the "top bar" disappeared. They got used to it.

You'll get used to this as well. Really.

JMan0948
Premium Member
Gilberts, IL

JMan0948 to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
Top bar?

I know I'll get used to it. I already have, really, because I used a custom code in "I see people".

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

drew to JMan0948

Premium Member

to JMan0948
said by JMan0948:
a certain explanation is in order
that's 100% untrue. refer to my statement about him being god.

JMan0948
Premium Member
Gilberts, IL

JMan0948 to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
Maybe you should just stick to saving the horses that you love so much

IcEr3K
Premium Member
join:2001-01-19
Los Angeles, CA

IcEr3K to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
Why not just have justin shut down the site, so maybe you guys who dislike it create something better than this online community like DSLR?
Anon
Anon

Anon

Anon

We as community made DSLR where its at right now. Without members this site would be nothing. *SIGN*

DrewCapu
Giant Diehard
join:2001-12-19
California

DrewCapu to enOehT

to enOehT
* sigh *

Rockster
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Brisbane AU

Rockster

Premium Member

said by DrewCapu:
* sigh *

Haha - couldn't have said it better myself!

Hawk
Premium Member

1 recommendation

Hawk to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT

I *signed* to nothing else but this! The multiple topics full of this crying and whining crap is really quite annoying.

Parogadi
What? Stop Looking At Me Like That
Premium Member
join:2003-03-31
Racine, WI

Parogadi to

Premium Member

to
said by :
We as community made DSLR where its at right now. Without members this site would be nothing. *SIGN*

Ditto. *SIGN*

drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake to Hawk

MVM

to Hawk
said by Hawk:

I *signed* to nothing else but this! The multiple topics full of this crying and whining crap is really quite annoying.

*Sign* to that also, but everything else I could pretty much care less for, I guess I'll get used to the changes, I mine as well get cracking right now..;)

Cozworth
Premium Member
join:2003-06-10
england

Cozworth to Hawk

Premium Member

to Hawk
said by Hawk:

I am also a member of another forum that at least explains the changes so when people start "crying and whining" they know its not a fault and it is intentional.
Sure the "I See People" changes I have HAD to make to make the sidebar bearable is a step forward but the lack of communication by the Lord thy God Justin is what pisses me off.
A simple post to explain takes little time and would help a lot of people.

That all in all leads me to SIGN

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

4 edits

2 recommendations

chachazz to

Premium Member

to
said by :

With all respect because, even though a relatively new member, all people like to be valued and validated!

*Sign*

xiphrex
Premium Member
join:2001-09-13
united kingd

xiphrex to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
*sign*

enOehT
Premium Member
join:2003-05-17
Easton, PA

enOehT

Premium Member

*sign*

ferdeenand
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Orlando, FL

5 recommendations

ferdeenand to enOehT

Premium Member

to enOehT
Almost 3 years ago I found a site that would change the way I surf the internet, and I have not left since. This place, more than any other, is where I go for a laugh, for different views on various parts of life, for information on updates to router firmware, for just about anything I can think of. Stars, avatars, posting tags are fun, but are purely superficial. It's the people behind the posts, and the post themselves that actually matter. If this site went all text only, it would not make any difference to me at all. If I can't find what I'm looking for in 10 million posts, then I surely don't need to find it. This is home, and I think a little rearranging of the furniture is good every once in awhile.

Justin, and all those that make this site jump onto my screen every day have my respect and gratitude.

And this expression of my thoughts justly deserves to be my 500th post.