birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Skilos

Premium Member

to Skilos

Re: Mail over quota

hmm that's a little wierd. sent mail is only stored locally, not on their servers. only way i can see sent mail sitting on thier servers is if it hasnt yet been delivered to the recipient. have you tried sending it again?

drgonzo
Buy the ticket, take the ride
Premium Member
join:2002-10-28
Kansas City

drgonzo

Premium Member

Are the mail cap's local per region or is it a nationwide policy....I could have SWORN I have sent attachments far in excess of 5 megs....

Just curious....

-DrGonzo
LrdVader
Premium Member
join:2003-12-18
San Diego, CA

1 edit

LrdVader to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb
said by pcdebb:
hmm that's a little wierd. sent mail is only stored locally, not on their servers. only way i can see sent mail sitting on thier servers is if it hasnt yet been delivered to the recipient. have you tried sending it again?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Unless you're using IMAP, which RR doesn't support, there's no way for Outlook to write anything to a server-side folder.

The only way I could see an outgoing message taking up quota space would be if it bounced back, and the remote server was silly enough to send the entire attachment back, instead of just an error message. I had this happen once back when I was using dialup, and it's possible there are still some servers out there that would do it.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

Outlook and Outlook Express do NOT keep anything on servers with RoadRunner when you SEND e-mail, they are NOT using Exchange servers

Emptying your sent items is not going to do anything for you. What you may want to check is whether you have "keep mail on server" checked, which keeps a copy of every e-mail on the server until a client that does not have that setting downloads it.

You can also just go into webmail and see what is in there, but the Outlook suggestion is ludicrous, that would only work if you use Outlook in a business environment with an Exchange server.