quibbly
Premium Member
join:2003-02-07
Sugar Land, TX

1 edit

quibbly

Premium Member

Re: Even Balance (PUNKBUSTER) Problems

I have posted every fact that I can according to my attorney. As with you Terrynator, you have bent every fact possible to try to destroy my crediability. While you have proven yourself to be worthless in your attempts.

My facts are what they are, facts. Until you prove me wrong, step aside. Oh, still waiting on your posts about the military. You seemed to sidestep that as well. So who has lost credability? Not me. So, instead of trying to state facts (which you don't have), step a side.

My facts have been posted more than once. Oh, thats why I have to repeat myself (go read the posts!)

Quibbly
AirP1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Oklahoma City, OK

AirP1 to im always right

Premium Member

to im always right
I'm not always right, but I've done my research in this paticular area and understand why things are done how they're done.

All I've done is try to bring to light some things that Quibbly seems to keep in the dark.

Quibbly,

You lost credablity when you put in your first post you told them you'd retain an attorney early on (before the meetings on your post) then on page 13 you said you didn't threaten an attorney till after the meetings.

I don't think I've called you a name or even said you've cheated. I have questioned your logic for going after Evenbalance's EULA when you use a webhost who can terminate your account for any reason.

I just think you're an upset person who is directing their anger at the wrong party, it's the hacker who got your cdkey banned is who you should be angry at... maybe you're mad cause EB won't give you the IP of the individual who got you banned so you could go after them, who knows...
Cig_R
join:2004-03-31
Corona, CA

Cig_R to quibbly

to quibbly
said by quibbly:
I have posted every fact that I can according to my attorney. As with you Terrynator, you have bent every fact possible to try to destroy my crediability. While you have proven yourself to be worthless in your attempts.

My facts are what they are, facts. Until you prove me wrong, step aside. Oh, still waiting on your posts about the military. You seemed to sidestep that as well. So who has lost credability? Not me. So, instead of trying to state facts (which you don't have), step a side.

My facts have been posted more than once. Oh, thats why I have to repeat myself (go read the posts!)

Quibbly

No you have not posted anything about your attorney, only information about your bogus dispute. Terry has not bent any of your comments (not facts), you have just chosen not to BACK UP your claims.

I've proven you wrong MANY TIMES. I've even backed them up with links to sites. No where have I seen you do this. And NO, your website isn't a credible source of information. Heck, you're even posting people's IP addresses in retaliation. Now how mature is this?

You still haven't answered many of MY questions, including the one about the use of third party monitoring software. So who has lost CREDIBILITY?
scrollfx
join:2004-01-21
Canada

2 edits

scrollfx to quibbly

to quibbly
I figure out why this thread is still going.

After every 3 pages or so we get a person coming in supporting quibbly with some half ass argument, which just pisses most of us. Quibbly pops in and say something stupid like "Come to my site, everything is explained there even the meaning of life" which make us even more piss, then air and cig would bring up good arguments that would shut the quibbly supporter. Then quibbly insult them, then I insult quibbly, then the cycle repeat itself.

What Quibbly doing is misleading people, that's why when we see someone supporting him, we have to post to tell them the truth even if it mean repeating ourselves cause the thread is too long and people don't take the time to read it before posting.

plz someone, make a site call ihatequibbly and the first thing you put on there is
"I don't hate quibbly, just wanted a catchy name"
and then post a lot of stuffs that discredit him and make him look like an evil coorporation and get a lot of other users to post stories of how much they hate quibbly, and how his birth is a defect and how he lags your computer when you try to play tetrinet. After all that, come to another forum and say "I dont hate quibbly, I just want to resolve the issue peacefully."

AnonProxy
Premium Member
join:2001-05-12

1 edit

1 recommendation

AnonProxy to quibbly

Premium Member

to quibbly
Another bump for the dumbest thread on the planet...

simple answer...if the company gave you a new key...then STFU.

FishPants
The Art Of Pants
Premium Member
join:2001-11-19
Canada Eh?

1 recommendation

FishPants to LstBoyScout

Premium Member

to LstBoyScout
said by LstBoyScout:
I am begining to feel sorry I ever came to this thread and posted. I have never in my life seen more childish behavior from people for no reason at all ever.
Hey you, up on the high horse, c'mon down. The rest of us can't see you up there.
said by LstBoyScout:

Out of 40 pages there is no real way to see who "threw the first punch".......but one thing is for sure there was no need for it.
I disagree, anyone that's feeding us B.S. deserves to be called on it. Whether you agree with the delivery of that or not is frankly your problem.
said by LstBoyScout:

As for the questions about the Microsoft incident I am unable to provide a link. I recieved my information in a AP news article on my homepage about this some 3 years ago....so no I do not have a current link.

Then unless you can back up your claims, we can chalk that up to B.S. This has been the problem with Quibbly too.. Totally unsubstantiated, yet we are supposed to just take this as fact because you are capable or writting coherent postings??
said by LstBoyScout:

I do know that when you call the support number inside the cd-sleeve ( I just did it ) says you have ONE ACTIVATION PER INSTALLATION and that you must call for a secondary key if you have to resinstall the disk. The lady's name on the phone was matrasia (sp).

Have you never reinstalled your system? I have reused my same CD key countless times, and never had an activation problem.
said by LstBoyScout:

I have no personel vested interest in this issue. I will not "fight" with anyone on this board. You people will believe what you like........whether it is in fact in your best interest or not.

Here comes the super ego again, what makes you think you know what's in my best interest.. Better than me for example? Seriously, you need to get off that soapbox, either that or we can all start calling you "Dad".
said by LstBoyScout:

Whether you think that quibbly has a case or not.......it is obvious that the DRC people do. Since they are a non-profit organization, and they are also a contracted extension office of the Harris County Goverment they STILL can not file or be involved in frivolous court actions. They would not be persuing this if they did not think they could win or if they did not have a case.

As far as I can tell from the documentation provided in this thread, it's a non-profit voluntary process that's trying to avoid the costly process of court. I think it's more for frivolous cases, and trying to put them to bed before they drag on for years in the judicial system; pissing away tax payer dollars.

So if you could do us a favour and write down "voluntary" on a big dictionary cover, and then beat yourself with it until you understand it, it would be appreciated. You certainly don't like to be wrong do you?
said by LstBoyScout:

I would also like to point out that the people who keep saying "You assume he is telling the truth"........when a person goes to such lengths to defend their rights in a non-criminal action.......YOU MUST assume they are telling the truth. If he were being tried for murder he would be fighting for his life out of self preservation. But in an instance where he has to take calculated steps in an effort to fight for what is right.......then there is no other choice.

Go to his website and look at what he is doing there. You think this person is credible? He is posting IP addresses of people that criticize him. I happen to think he is a 12 year old kid caught cheating, or at least someone that's unemployed that acts like a 12 year old (again caught cheating).

Anyone that tries to threaten someone if they oppose their cause ranks up there with Hitler in mentality; there's no need to publicize people's IP addresses. He knows full well it's an open invitation to DoS attacks, and other untoward stuff. Irresponsible, childish, whatever you want to call it, it reeks of the same behaviour as grief players. You know what they are right? They are the ones that get caught cheating in video games all over the Internet, and get their CD Keys banned for it.
said by LstBoyScout:

Without further comment from Quibbly in regard to the actual chain of legal manuevers......

This is exactly the problem, quibbly has never addressed a lot of the posts that have very specific questions to him. He can't provide details from third party monitoring software, nor has he responded to any of AirP's questions (or was it Cig_R..)... Anyways the fact remains he has dodged every direct question. Maybe he should run for office!
said by LstBoyScout:

But the GENERAL ROLE of the DRC is clear they are a court mandated authority to provide the court mandated mediation for instances such as this.

VOLUNTARY Why do you have such a hard time understanding this word? Go read the damn website and quit being so obstinent on this, it's already been provided for you right here in this thread. Give your head a shake (sorry borrowed your own words), and get a grip. We can't keep trying to spoonfeed you.
said by LstBoyScout:

I would however in closing ask for people to stop acting like 10 year old children. If you have something informative to post please do so. If not shake your head and move on.......but snapping at people and making asinine comments for no reason other than to appease your own ego is pure insanity.

This is true, however you are dealing with us as an anonymous poster. Whether you agree with this or not, people tend to look down on folks who refuse to register. You have no credibility, no history, nobody really cares since you can just change your name next time, pick a new proxy and move on.

------
On another note:

Has anyone else noticed that there are plenty of anonymous posts from ntsci.net (along with a 2.ntsci.net) which is a static IP at the ISP that hosts Quibbly's web page? Seriously Quibbly, you show your true colours once again. Why don't you just suck it up, respond to the questions posed to you over and over or STFU and ask for the thread to be locked.

Anyhow like I said a long time before, dead horse. I am done posting in this thread, and I hope I never have the displeasure of dealing with Quibbly again. I would rather spend the evening with a politician then see his infantile responses any longer.
Cig_R
Corona, CA

Cig_R to quibbly

to quibbly
FishPants and scrollfx: both you guys crack me up. You definitely lighten the atmosphere with your comments. It pleasures me reading what you guys have to say. I just wanted to say you crazy canucks rock!

Keep rockin!

-Cig
Terrynator
join:2003-05-11
Nepean, ON

3 edits

Terrynator to quibbly

to quibbly
said by quibbly:

Quibbly

LOL...Oh you are reeaally reaching with the military comment. getting desperate? I answered you. It is posted. A very minor aspect only related to an insult by you. It was you that brought it up. So you try again to divert.
I not only served. I have a comission as an officer. It's no secret, but I don't use it to defend my free speech until I meet people that try the freedom line on me.
I earned it for service to my country. You don't get those for for sitting on your ass in case you are wondering. I came up from the ranks. So your point other than to divert the subject is what exactly?
I'd be happy to supply you with a copy of my comission or anyone else. I just require to scan it, as I don't have a scanner, but I'm quite willing to have it done and will post it. I'm proud of it, but don't put it on a stick and wave it around unless challenged like you tried.

I will be very happy to go to the effort, if you will supply the information I seek from you?
I want your lawyers name, address and phone number, so I can confirm aspects you claim as fact.
I want the software programmers name and contact info and a link to the software you claim has an action pending against EB.
Oh and throw in your military sheet just to settle a pissing match..

Give me those and I will be happy to supply my military information. I'll throw in my family military history as well, free at no extra charge. Very proud tradition in my family service. Want the list of dead relatives as well that died for my country.
You picked on the wrong guy to pull that crap on there bubba.

The whole problem is that you are not posting information or facts (other than arbitration nothing has been a fact) much, so there is nothing to read. You have avoided answering and everyone here is aware of it. You think you can accuse and then fall back on not proving anything because your lawyer said so? What Bull.

The only thing you fear is people discovering the truth about what you are. It's why you don't address the questions people here have asked. I only discredit you because of that. An honest person would address the questions. I'll be happy to supply my lawyers name etc if you feel you want Want it now? I don't see a problem disclosing it.

ntscinet
@rr.com

ntscinet to FishPants

Anon

to FishPants
maybe quibbly works for a large company and that's why you see many ntsci.net post. It could be from other workers that work with quibbly

quibbly
Premium Member
Sugar Land, TX

quibbly

Premium Member

Terrynador,

You really are making me laugh. Why in the hell would I give you information that my attorney deemed private. It would be pathetic to give out such information. If you want the information, then you will need to be in the court room when that takes place. If you were a smart person (which you claim to be), you would know that.

And about the military, you didn't answer it. You said I had no right to make comments about spitting on the Americans that have died to provide freedom because you served. Hell, I served, and I was in combat (Operation Just Cause and Desert Storm/Desert Shield), and yes, as front line infantry. And because of that, I'm entitled to make comments about freedom. Since I was front line, I'll remake that comment. Don't try to divert my freedom of speech. By doing so, you are spitting on the graves of those that died to give you your freedom. So answer everyone, what did you do in the military (since you brought that up). One user made a comment you were either a cook or banjo player. You make comments you were commissioned, who cares. What field were you in?

Oh, and your quote is pretty sad, and yet didn't answer anything and no relevance to this:

"I not only served. I have a commission as an officer. It's no secret, but I don't use it to defend my free speech until I meet people that try the freedom line on me.
I earned it for service to my country. You don't get those for for sitting on your ass in case you are wondering."

So by being commissioned, your better. After reading all your posts, you appear to be, again, on your high horse. First you state your some top dog and done so much for the gaming industry, now your bring up that you were commissioned..Like I said..what did you do. Ok, since you were commissioned and in the Cook field, still not impressed, so for the record, get off your high horse. You just proved again what an arrogant ass you are and still have not posted anything of value. You always like to try to degrade a member who doesn't agree with you and appear such a big person. Well Mr., again, we see your all hot air and no substance.

And in regards (again) about if I post my attorney information and information about the programmer, you will send me a copy of your commission. Again, who gives a rats ass. That does nothing for me except again to prove your one arrogant fu#k who I brought down. I will never reveal information that is important to this case. So, try again.

Oh, family history...yawn....who really cares. You claim to be a big shot but your really not! You play games and make comments about them. You have a few game servers, hell, so do I. Having a game server doesn't make you an expert. If you were such an expert (that you claim to be), I would see great things from you. But tis sad, I see nothing but a sad man who hides behind his computer and makes rude comments and tries to appear to be such a tough guy. If I ever met you, I would probably laugh! (after kicking your a## for making smart comments to me)

Now that your put in your place (which was due), people see you for what you really are. I not only discredit you for your pathetic attempts to pull information which you are not privy, you exposed yourself as a pompous as#.

Now that your have been shut up, enjoy your day.

Quibbly
Terrynator
Nepean, ON

Terrynator to ntscinet

to ntscinet
No sorry ntscinet and I mean no insult. But.... do you you really believe that? I got some magic beans if you want to buy them.

quibbly
Premium Member
Sugar Land, TX

quibbly

Premium Member

In regards to all the comments made from behind the same isp. You ever heard of a firewall with NAT? Some of us work for large companies with a few hundred employee's. Yes, I have a lot of support from my staff and fellow employees.

So that your question is answered, have a nice day!
quibbly

1 edit

quibbly

Premium Member

Oh, bet Terrynador comes back with another flowery, but rude come back. He will probably post how I'm acting like a child. At least I don't try to hide behind words.

You will also make some comment about what an expert you are and how your family served in the military and how I'm beneath you.

You will probably make a comment about how childish it is to make my comment about meeting up with you and laughing at you.

See, I already have you figured out for what you are. Nothing!

So anytime you would like to appear to be such a big shot, I'll bring you down each time. You started this with me by being arrogant and rude (for no reason). So if you want to start something with me, I have no problem. But remember, I might lose a battle, but I will never lose the war!

So continue with some snide remark, it's expected!

Oh yeah, your will probably make another comment about how if I don't send you my attorney information or the information of the programmer, I'm a lier. Well sir, I have nothing to prove to you. I will tell you that because of the programmer, I have an even better case. The longer my site is up, the more people send me information (yes, my information about the programmer has been validated). So, keep up your funny posts. You do provide me with entertainment on this site! Never thought I would meet anyone on a forum that made me laugh so much and in turn, they should look in the mirror and see what a sad person they really are.
Cig_R
Corona, CA

Cig_R to quibbly

to quibbly
Hey q-boy, are my questions too challenging for you to answer?? Why won't you answer them??

And how is an attorney's contact information private? Now you're really stretching... Is he some sort of undercover attorney? Or perhaps, he's your childhood invisible buddy.

But please answer my questions. I don't think they're too difficult to answer.

quibbly
Premium Member
Sugar Land, TX

quibbly

Premium Member

For you CigR, I'll answer.

I have no reason to run an audit program on my system. I never said they did anything illegal. If you would have read the posts (again), you would see that because of their EULA, they can scan anything that they want.

Now your question is answered, enjoy your evening. But I expect you to make about 20 posts in a row.

Quibbly
AirP1
Premium Member
Oklahoma City, OK

AirP1

Premium Member

Quibbly,

If you could please post your reasoning for sueing Evenbalance about the EULA and then support a company that your using that says they can terminate your account for any reason, that would be appreciated...
Cig_R
Corona, CA

2 edits

Cig_R to quibbly

to quibbly
said by quibbly:
For you CigR, I'll answer.

I have no reason to run an audit program on my system. I never said they did anything illegal. If you would have read the posts (again), you would see that because of their EULA, they can scan anything that they want.

Now your question is answered, enjoy your evening. But I expect you to make about 20 posts in a row.

Quibbly

Thank you, and it's about time. Your response just shows that you have no solid agenda other than to retaliate because you didn't receive a response (from EB) that you wanted to hear. Regardless if EB didn't do anything illegal, the purpose of installing would be to ensure that they don't do anything illegal. It's called preventive maintenance.

Thanks for the response. I'll stop bugging you now... Now that you proved to me that the following statements YOU MADE are all just a falacy:

I for one respect what Even Balance is trying to do. I would love to see a server where cheaters could not join.

If this were a true statement, you would come to realization that it is necessary for all pertinent files to be scanned in order to detect cheats. If this were a true statement, you would accept that EB's intentions are all for a good cause. If this were a true statement, you would have no problem installing software to ensure that your privacy isn't be violated.

Now that we know the truth... I'll let you carry on with your life, and I'm going to carry on with mine. Thank you for proving your TRUE agenda to everyone. And to all you cheaters that continue to support quibbly, go ahead and flame... I'm done.

quibbly
Premium Member
Sugar Land, TX

quibbly

Premium Member

Again, you make me laugh as much as Terrynador. Oh, I'll even quote you on this one:

"If this were a true statement, you would come to realization that it is necessary for all pertinent files to be scanned in order to detect cheats. If this were a true statement, you would accept that EB's intentions are all for a good cause. If this were a true statement, you would have no problem installing software to ensure that your privacy isn't be violated.

Now that we know the truth... I'll let you carry on with your life, and I'm going to carry on with mine. Thank you for proving your TRUE agenda to everyone. And to all you cheaters that continue to support quibbly, go ahead and flame... I'm done. "

Go ahead and take their word in face value. Why would they have a EULA that you have to agree with when you install the game and their website has a privacy statement? The reason? It's called C.Y.A. (cover your as#). If they did take information that wasn't relevant to the game, they would say you agreed to the EULA and that the privacy statement wasn't agreed to because it was on their site, not on the game install. Do you really think they did that on accident? Who are some of their big clients..the military, EA...

So, like Terrynador, you have been punkbusted and proven wrong again.

Enjoy,

Quibbly
»www.ihatepunkbuster.com

Midak
Doctors suck
Premium Member
join:2002-02-26
Stormville, NY

1 recommendation

Midak to quibbly

Premium Member

to quibbly
said by quibbly:
My analogy is perfect! Even Balance isn't Judge and Jury!

Actually, since we are dealing with a private service, they are. Now before I say anything further, I will tell you that I manage over 4000 cases, pre and post litigation. With that said, take the new key from EA as that as the most you can expect from all of this. The only thing, from what I read, is EB is guilty of poor customer service and thats IF you could even be considered a customer. You are more likely a third party who benefits from their services that you agreed to use and accept all of their conditions. Now, if you had actually paid them money for their service then you might have a ever so slight chance of getting a judgment in your favor but probably only from the right judge. We are not talking about a regulated entity, we are talking about a specific, private, non-vital service.

All that aside, I can not think of a bigger waste of ink and paper than a civil suit filed in Texas. Just try to collect after you win. As for those meetings with the local mediators, they are not mandatory and are more for two parties who are interested in resolving their issues...in your case, your the only one looking for resolve. Tony's attorney gave him good advice. Now, let's pretend you have a real case and a 50/50 shot of winning. The fact that you chose to mediate first and the other side declined three times...man, nothing will piss a judge off more than a party not willing to settle.

All that said, I hope you win.

highhatsize
Norm, The Basset For All Time
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08
Madison, WI

highhatsize to quibbly

Premium Member

to quibbly
Thursday, April 8, 2004, 2058 hrs. pst.

To quibbly:

Some time ago I asked you to post the Cause(s) of Action on which your attorney has told you that he intends to sue. That phrase is a legal term. Without one, at least, you don't get into court. You never replied. If your attorney has told you not to post them, I would appreciate it if you would email them to me privately. I won't divulge them to anyone.

I'm simply curious. I don't see anything. If your attorney has found some novel causes, I'd be interested to see what he sees that I can't. My interest is purely academic.

Thanks
tantuti666
join:2002-06-25
Ohio City, OH

tantuti666

Why would quibbly email you the info privately especially a stranger? How would he know that you won't post it on here?
I think that is a dumb request.

LstBoyScout
@adelphia.net

-1 recommendation

LstBoyScout to AnonProxy

Anon

to AnonProxy
I have NEVER visited this site before I saw this article posted on another forum.

I have no reason to be a member of this forum.........especially with the Neanderthalic style of posts you have exhibited. I could care less whether my desire to join these forums hurts your tender pride.

As for your blatant personal attacks on me because I am able to carry on a conversation without cussing someone out, degrading them, or being derogetory for no purpose other than to garner attention for yourself......have your juvenile laugh if you wish........but I am more inclined to believe you are in fact the 12 year old rather than Quimbly.

It is obvious you think acting like an adolescent child to gain the title of "forum clown" for at least one post in one thread makes you a "somebody".......when all it does is show your lack of aptitude to carry on an adult conversation with other adults.

Do you act this way when you are in a crowd of people as well?......do you think you are the "Jim Carry" of your circle of friends?.......I asure you if you do act in this manner you are more than likely thought of as the "William Hung".

Grow up and act like you have some common sense.....and if that is too hard for you to accomplish; then just sit down and watch the adults post.

"Tis better to sit silent among fools.......than to raise your vioce and be counted among them"

Plato said that.........maybe you should take it to heart.

I have posted already that the DRC is in fact part of the Harris County Court system......all of their mediations ARE NOT voluntary. I posted the DIRECT quotes from THEIR website, in regard to their activity......maybe you should take a class in reading comprehension, the next time you pass by your local community college campus. I am sure they have a few low income outreach programs you could qualify for.

To the rest of you......thanks for listening to my view.

Scout
Terrynator
Nepean, ON

Terrynator to quibbly

to quibbly
Let's keep the subject on topic.
You have rebuffed anyone wanting to check your stories.
It's about you and your claims. It's not about the people on the forum asking you the questions.
quote:
You will also make some comment about what an expert you are and how your family served in the military and how I'm beneath you.
Ok..now that was just a strange outburst by you.
I just identified myself and gave a small amount of background so people could check. Why does this bother you so much? While you hide who you really are. Hmmm. Now why would that be? I post info to make it easy to check me out. You post...oh ya nothing I can check out that would support your position.
quote:
So anytime you would like to appear to be such a big shot, I'll bring you down each time. You started this with me by being arrogant and rude (for no reason). So if you want to start something with me, I have no problem. But remember, I might lose a battle, but I will never lose the war!
So continue with some snide remark, it's expected!
Bring me down? Where?
Arrogant and rude? You seem to be the one that was trying to corner that market by being unreasonable with the simple offer of resolution with a new cd-key. You were told your guid was used to cheat and if it wasn't you personally then your cd-key was stollen. You were offered a new key by EA to cover that. But you were to arrogant to accept that reasonable offer.
So here is my snide remark you were expecting.
You already lost the battle and war. You just don't seem to have quite grasp that yet.
quote:
Oh yeah, your will probably make another comment about how if I don't send you my attorney information or the information of the programmer, I'm a lier. Well sir, I have nothing to prove to you. I will tell you that because of the programmer, I have an even better case. The longer my site is up, the more people send me information (yes, my information about the programmer has been validated). So, keep up your funny posts. You do provide me with entertainment on this site! Never thought I would meet anyone on a forum that made me laugh so much and in turn, they should look in the mirror and see what a sad person they really are.
I'm glad you are laughing. Sounds like a nervous laugh.
Grasping a staws there quibble. It is a reasonable question to ask the name of the lawyer that You claimed to have retained. I mean anyone can just say they have a lawyer when in fact they don't. Those that have one usually have no problem telling the name.
Why are you hiding that? I just want to check if you actually do have a lawyer. Is that why you are so scared and lashing out? I just want to verify your story. Why are you trying to thwart that? If I was bringing a case forward I can't see any reason not to name my lawyer if requested.

As for the programmer. Again another mystery person by you nobody here can verify. What do you mean verified? By who you? Well that is the point. I would as other here like to know the program involved. Just want to check to see what the problem is. Just want you to collaborate your story. All reasonable things to ask and would normally be answered in a normal fashion by a reasonable person.

But that is the point. Anyone can look back on the forum and see you seem to have problems being reasonable, answering what most people would consider reasonable requests. This is why as time goes along people have less belief in your stories and challenge you more aggressively. If you were reasonable and helped people support your claims with information, then I'm sure you would garner more support, not less.

I don't really see much activity on your website. Again is it hidden and you don't have to prove it. Like the +900 emails you claimed to have recieved last week. This line refusing to backup info is getting a little overused wouldn't you sa?. Always mysterious support and stories by you without followup information all of us here can check for ourselves.
Why is this type of honesty so hard for you?
By the way. You have lost the war, you just haven't realized it yet.

TheBossFi
@gotadsl.co.uk

TheBossFi to Mcrobrewer

Anon

to Mcrobrewer
Quibbly, I totally agree with your attitude about this!!! It's a matter of principle and knowing lots of companies are taking the consumer for a ride.

It also makes me sad that there are a lot of other people, most on this post, that sit on the back seat in life and take the easy way out. Probably why they are still on the bottom rung of the ladder in life. I am not talking about winning or losing with this case. This is clearly about the negative attitude clearly demonstrated. No wonder there are so many useless companies still operating out there because nobody gives a damn when they get stung.

Mcrobrewer
Premium Member
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ

Mcrobrewer to Midak

Premium Member

to Midak
said by Midak:
said by quibbly:
My analogy is perfect! Even Balance isn't Judge and Jury!

Actually, since we are dealing with a private service, they are. Now before I say anything further, I will tell you that I manage over 4000 cases, pre and post litigation. With that said, take the new key from EA as that as the most you can expect from all of this. The only thing, from what I read, is EB is guilty of poor customer service and thats IF you could even be considered a customer. You are more likely a third party who benefits from their services that you agreed to use and accept all of their conditions. Now, if you had actually paid them money for their service then you might have a ever so slight chance of getting a judgment in your favor but probably only from the right judge. We are not talking about a regulated entity, we are talking about a specific, private, non-vital service.

All that aside, I can not think of a bigger waste of ink and paper than a civil suit filed in Texas. Just try to collect after you win. As for those meetings with the local mediators, they are not mandatory and are more for two parties who are interested in resolving their issues...in your case, your the only one looking for resolve. Tony's attorney gave him good advice. Now, let's pretend you have a real case and a 50/50 shot of winning. The fact that you chose to mediate first and the other side declined three times...man, nothing will piss a judge off more than a party not willing to settle.

All that said, I hope you win.

Yes I agree about the mediation part. HOWEVER, Quibbley was offered relief (a new CD key) form the get go.... This might piss the judge off more.

b_Harmless.... I have been asking this question (cause) since the first page of this thread... The only cause that was given was 'Nondisclosure' which does not make any sense.

Quibbley please let us know either here or on your website when the court papers are filed and a court date is set. That is all public record so i dontthink your attorney would take issue with that...
AirP1
Premium Member
Oklahoma City, OK

AirP1

Premium Member

Quibbly,

Still waiting to see if you'll answer this. One of your major arguements is they can ban you for no reason, sounds alot like being terminated for no reason which your supported company does also...
quote:

If you could please post your reasoning for sueing Evenbalance about the EULA and then support a company that your using that says they can terminate your account for any reason, that would be appreciated...

siggyx
Siggy
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Cambridge

siggyx to quibbly

Premium Member

to quibbly
Although thier attitude sucks and they really need to work on customer relations your not going to win anything.

As nobody held a gun to your head to download or use the software you made this decision by yourself. As with most people that downlaod or purchase software they do not read the license agreements. You will find once you have read the agreement that they have the right to discontinue service whenever they want. Also, you had to have clicked the "I agree" box to install the software another case of you voluntarily accepting the lincense agreement.

Put simply you agreed to the terms of the contract. Understanding the terms is your responsibility not thiers. Ignorance of the terms does not absolve you of your contract agreement.
Terrynator
Nepean, ON

1 edit

Terrynator to TheBossFi

to TheBossFi
said by TheBossFi:
Quibbly, I totally agree with your attitude about this!!! It's a matter of principle and knowing lots of companies are taking the consumer for a ride.

It also makes me sad that there are a lot of other people, most on this post, that sit on the back seat in life and take the easy way out. Probably why they are still on the bottom rung of the ladder in life. I am not talking about winning or losing with this case. This is clearly about the negative attitude clearly demonstrated. No wonder there are so many useless companies still operating out there because nobody gives a damn when they get stung.

Other than your social comment, here is something to think about.

If you had a piece of electronic equipment that stopped working and you were offered a replacement. What would you do?

A) Take the replacement offered.
or
B) Demand the company pull the equipment appart, pop the lids off the chips to analyse why it failed and give you a full report.

What is the reasonable response? Choose one, A or B.

====================================================
Here is another one example.

Cheater Bob get's a global ban from PB for cheating. He is mad and contacts EB. EB won't remove the ban but he can obtain a new key from EA.
Cheater Bob knows he can get a new one but cheater Bob still wants to cheat.
Cheater Bob knows if he cheats he will get a global ban again.
He knows he can't keep going back to EA for a new key because they will catch on to his game.
Both EA and EB know this and that is why they don't unban key's or guids whether they are stollen or used to cheat. But replace them as a one time courtacy.

So what is cheater Bob to do? He still wants to keep cheating on servers that don't belong to him and now he is prevented.

A) Give it up, stop cheating and take the offered key.
B) Try and prevent the company from banning him for cheating with his software that tries to bypass the security software.

Choose one, A or B.
====================================

How about this story. You people may like it. It is a work of fiction and bears no connection to real people or events.

A cheat maker has a business that sells private cheats to clans and players. He thinks they can't be detected because they aren't public and he is using software to intercept some PB functions. He is doing a nice little business and making some cash. He is happy. Life is good.

Suddenly his cheats are detected by PB. He tries to patch his cheat software but PB keeps detecting it. Now he has customers that are getting very angry because they are globally banned. They want their money back. They have matches to play and can't. How will they explain it? not all clan members can suddenly claim their comps are broke. Hmmm

Our little cheat maker come business man is suddenly not making money and people are after him to provide his garranteed product. Some want him to give them a new cd-key. He can't give them a working cheat. He can't get them unbanned. What is he to do?

Ahhh let me challenge this ability to ban a guid. But wait. You can get a replacement if you claim it wasn't you, but you can't keep doing that, EA and EB will catch on and you need 50 cd-keys to satisfy your customers.
Cheat maker needs another way. He wants to get back and make money. EB has ruined his little business.
HE IS MAD.

Well people you fill in the rest of my story. In the mean time Cheat maker has to shut his site down and lay low cause people are mad and looking for him. His ego is crushed. He hasn't beaten PB... He needs a plan. Afteral he is smarter than some company. Hmmmm. Is he? You decide the end of the story.

quibbly
Premium Member
Sugar Land, TX

quibbly

Premium Member

APRIL FOOLS
YOU ALL HAVE BEEN PUNKBUSTED

This has been the largest April
fools joke ever
Quibbly

Mcrobrewer