Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tantuti666

join:2002-06-25
Ohio City, OH
reply to highhatsize

Re: Even Balance (PUNKBUSTER) Problems

Why would quibbly email you the info privately especially a stranger? How would he know that you won't post it on here?
I think that is a dumb request.

LstBoyScout

@adelphia.net

-1 recommendation

reply to AnonProxy

I have NEVER visited this site before I saw this article posted on another forum.

I have no reason to be a member of this forum.........especially with the Neanderthalic style of posts you have exhibited. I could care less whether my desire to join these forums hurts your tender pride.

As for your blatant personal attacks on me because I am able to carry on a conversation without cussing someone out, degrading them, or being derogetory for no purpose other than to garner attention for yourself......have your juvenile laugh if you wish........but I am more inclined to believe you are in fact the 12 year old rather than Quimbly.

It is obvious you think acting like an adolescent child to gain the title of "forum clown" for at least one post in one thread makes you a "somebody".......when all it does is show your lack of aptitude to carry on an adult conversation with other adults.

Do you act this way when you are in a crowd of people as well?......do you think you are the "Jim Carry" of your circle of friends?.......I asure you if you do act in this manner you are more than likely thought of as the "William Hung".

Grow up and act like you have some common sense.....and if that is too hard for you to accomplish; then just sit down and watch the adults post.

"Tis better to sit silent among fools.......than to raise your vioce and be counted among them"

Plato said that.........maybe you should take it to heart.

I have posted already that the DRC is in fact part of the Harris County Court system......all of their mediations ARE NOT voluntary. I posted the DIRECT quotes from THEIR website, in regard to their activity......maybe you should take a class in reading comprehension, the next time you pass by your local community college campus. I am sure they have a few low income outreach programs you could qualify for.

To the rest of you......thanks for listening to my view.

Scout

Terrynator

join:2003-05-11
Nepean, ON
reply to quibbly

Let's keep the subject on topic.
You have rebuffed anyone wanting to check your stories.
It's about you and your claims. It's not about the people on the forum asking you the questions.

quote:
You will also make some comment about what an expert you are and how your family served in the military and how I'm beneath you.
Ok..now that was just a strange outburst by you.
I just identified myself and gave a small amount of background so people could check. Why does this bother you so much? While you hide who you really are. Hmmm. Now why would that be? I post info to make it easy to check me out. You post...oh ya nothing I can check out that would support your position.
quote:
So anytime you would like to appear to be such a big shot, I'll bring you down each time. You started this with me by being arrogant and rude (for no reason). So if you want to start something with me, I have no problem. But remember, I might lose a battle, but I will never lose the war!
So continue with some snide remark, it's expected!
Bring me down? Where?
Arrogant and rude? You seem to be the one that was trying to corner that market by being unreasonable with the simple offer of resolution with a new cd-key. You were told your guid was used to cheat and if it wasn't you personally then your cd-key was stollen. You were offered a new key by EA to cover that. But you were to arrogant to accept that reasonable offer.
So here is my snide remark you were expecting.
You already lost the battle and war. You just don't seem to have quite grasp that yet.
quote:
Oh yeah, your will probably make another comment about how if I don't send you my attorney information or the information of the programmer, I'm a lier. Well sir, I have nothing to prove to you. I will tell you that because of the programmer, I have an even better case. The longer my site is up, the more people send me information (yes, my information about the programmer has been validated). So, keep up your funny posts. You do provide me with entertainment on this site! Never thought I would meet anyone on a forum that made me laugh so much and in turn, they should look in the mirror and see what a sad person they really are.
I'm glad you are laughing. Sounds like a nervous laugh.
Grasping a staws there quibble. It is a reasonable question to ask the name of the lawyer that You claimed to have retained. I mean anyone can just say they have a lawyer when in fact they don't. Those that have one usually have no problem telling the name.
Why are you hiding that? I just want to check if you actually do have a lawyer. Is that why you are so scared and lashing out? I just want to verify your story. Why are you trying to thwart that? If I was bringing a case forward I can't see any reason not to name my lawyer if requested.

As for the programmer. Again another mystery person by you nobody here can verify. What do you mean verified? By who you? Well that is the point. I would as other here like to know the program involved. Just want to check to see what the problem is. Just want you to collaborate your story. All reasonable things to ask and would normally be answered in a normal fashion by a reasonable person.

But that is the point. Anyone can look back on the forum and see you seem to have problems being reasonable, answering what most people would consider reasonable requests. This is why as time goes along people have less belief in your stories and challenge you more aggressively. If you were reasonable and helped people support your claims with information, then I'm sure you would garner more support, not less.

I don't really see much activity on your website. Again is it hidden and you don't have to prove it. Like the +900 emails you claimed to have recieved last week. This line refusing to backup info is getting a little overused wouldn't you sa?. Always mysterious support and stories by you without followup information all of us here can check for ourselves.
Why is this type of honesty so hard for you?
By the way. You have lost the war, you just haven't realized it yet.

TheBossFi

@gotadsl.co.uk
reply to Mcrobrewer

Quibbly, I totally agree with your attitude about this!!! It's a matter of principle and knowing lots of companies are taking the consumer for a ride.

It also makes me sad that there are a lot of other people, most on this post, that sit on the back seat in life and take the easy way out. Probably why they are still on the bottom rung of the ladder in life. I am not talking about winning or losing with this case. This is clearly about the negative attitude clearly demonstrated. No wonder there are so many useless companies still operating out there because nobody gives a damn when they get stung.

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
reply to Midak

said by Midak:
said by quibbly:
My analogy is perfect! Even Balance isn't Judge and Jury!

Actually, since we are dealing with a private service, they are. Now before I say anything further, I will tell you that I manage over 4000 cases, pre and post litigation. With that said, take the new key from EA as that as the most you can expect from all of this. The only thing, from what I read, is EB is guilty of poor customer service and thats IF you could even be considered a customer. You are more likely a third party who benefits from their services that you agreed to use and accept all of their conditions. Now, if you had actually paid them money for their service then you might have a ever so slight chance of getting a judgment in your favor but probably only from the right judge. We are not talking about a regulated entity, we are talking about a specific, private, non-vital service.

All that aside, I can not think of a bigger waste of ink and paper than a civil suit filed in Texas. Just try to collect after you win. As for those meetings with the local mediators, they are not mandatory and are more for two parties who are interested in resolving their issues...in your case, your the only one looking for resolve. Tony's attorney gave him good advice. Now, let's pretend you have a real case and a 50/50 shot of winning. The fact that you chose to mediate first and the other side declined three times...man, nothing will piss a judge off more than a party not willing to settle.

All that said, I hope you win.

Yes I agree about the mediation part. HOWEVER, Quibbley was offered relief (a new CD key) form the get go.... This might piss the judge off more.

b_Harmless.... I have been asking this question (cause) since the first page of this thread... The only cause that was given was 'Nondisclosure' which does not make any sense.

Quibbley please let us know either here or on your website when the court papers are filed and a court date is set. That is all public record so i dontthink your attorney would take issue with that...
--
triponthis.net
The only thing that stands between us and the animals is a really good beer

AirP
Premium
join:2002-06-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to AirP

Quibbly,

Still waiting to see if you'll answer this. One of your major arguements is they can ban you for no reason, sounds alot like being terminated for no reason which your supported company does also...

quote:

If you could please post your reasoning for sueing Evenbalance about the EULA and then support a company that your using that says they can terminate your account for any reason, that would be appreciated...

siggyx
Siggy
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Cambridge
reply to quibbly

Although thier attitude sucks and they really need to work on customer relations your not going to win anything.

As nobody held a gun to your head to download or use the software you made this decision by yourself. As with most people that downlaod or purchase software they do not read the license agreements. You will find once you have read the agreement that they have the right to discontinue service whenever they want. Also, you had to have clicked the "I agree" box to install the software another case of you voluntarily accepting the lincense agreement.

Put simply you agreed to the terms of the contract. Understanding the terms is your responsibility not thiers. Ignorance of the terms does not absolve you of your contract agreement.

Terrynator

join:2003-05-11
Nepean, ON

1 edit
reply to TheBossFi

said by TheBossFi:
Quibbly, I totally agree with your attitude about this!!! It's a matter of principle and knowing lots of companies are taking the consumer for a ride.

It also makes me sad that there are a lot of other people, most on this post, that sit on the back seat in life and take the easy way out. Probably why they are still on the bottom rung of the ladder in life. I am not talking about winning or losing with this case. This is clearly about the negative attitude clearly demonstrated. No wonder there are so many useless companies still operating out there because nobody gives a damn when they get stung.

Other than your social comment, here is something to think about.

If you had a piece of electronic equipment that stopped working and you were offered a replacement. What would you do?

A) Take the replacement offered.
or
B) Demand the company pull the equipment appart, pop the lids off the chips to analyse why it failed and give you a full report.

What is the reasonable response? Choose one, A or B.

====================================================
Here is another one example.

Cheater Bob get's a global ban from PB for cheating. He is mad and contacts EB. EB won't remove the ban but he can obtain a new key from EA.
Cheater Bob knows he can get a new one but cheater Bob still wants to cheat.
Cheater Bob knows if he cheats he will get a global ban again.
He knows he can't keep going back to EA for a new key because they will catch on to his game.
Both EA and EB know this and that is why they don't unban key's or guids whether they are stollen or used to cheat. But replace them as a one time courtacy.

So what is cheater Bob to do? He still wants to keep cheating on servers that don't belong to him and now he is prevented.

A) Give it up, stop cheating and take the offered key.
B) Try and prevent the company from banning him for cheating with his software that tries to bypass the security software.

Choose one, A or B.
====================================

How about this story. You people may like it. It is a work of fiction and bears no connection to real people or events.

A cheat maker has a business that sells private cheats to clans and players. He thinks they can't be detected because they aren't public and he is using software to intercept some PB functions. He is doing a nice little business and making some cash. He is happy. Life is good.

Suddenly his cheats are detected by PB. He tries to patch his cheat software but PB keeps detecting it. Now he has customers that are getting very angry because they are globally banned. They want their money back. They have matches to play and can't. How will they explain it? not all clan members can suddenly claim their comps are broke. Hmmm

Our little cheat maker come business man is suddenly not making money and people are after him to provide his garranteed product. Some want him to give them a new cd-key. He can't give them a working cheat. He can't get them unbanned. What is he to do?

Ahhh let me challenge this ability to ban a guid. But wait. You can get a replacement if you claim it wasn't you, but you can't keep doing that, EA and EB will catch on and you need 50 cd-keys to satisfy your customers.
Cheat maker needs another way. He wants to get back and make money. EB has ruined his little business.
HE IS MAD.

Well people you fill in the rest of my story. In the mean time Cheat maker has to shut his site down and lay low cause people are mad and looking for him. His ego is crushed. He hasn't beaten PB... He needs a plan. Afteral he is smarter than some company. Hmmmm. Is he? You decide the end of the story.

quibbly
Premium
join:2003-02-07
Sugar Land, TX
reply to quibbly

APRIL FOOLS
YOU ALL HAVE BEEN PUNKBUSTED

This has been the largest April
fools joke ever
Quibbly

Mcrobrewer
Premium
Trenton, NJ

said by quibbly:
APRIL FOOLS
YOU ALL HAVE BEEN PUNKBUSTED

This has been the largest April
fools joke ever
Quibbly

????
--
triponthis.net

Mcrobrewer
Premium
Trenton, NJ

Additionally Quibbly if this was in jest (which I more likely believe that you are covering your tracks... and were not 100% truthful here) Do you think it was/is appropriate to lie about action taken by Harris County?? and lie about comment made by an individual or company (Tony Ray and EB)...

One might consider to willful attempt to paint an individual and/or company in a 'bad light' as 'actionable'.
--
triponthis.net

quibbly
Premium
join:2003-02-07
Sugar Land, TX

1 edit
reply to quibbly

Go to my site for the full story. Gotta say, some of you really made me laugh!

Everything that I posted happened for real. To include the meetings with Harris County (in which Even Balance failed to show up)

But do you think I would be foolish to continue my case against EB over a $40.00 game? Be real!! I cut my loss after what my attorney told me. Yes, I could go after them for the EULA, but get this....WHY WOULD I SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OVER A GAME!!!! I TOOK MY KEY AND I'M HAPPY AGAIN!!! BUT I DID BRING LIGHT ONTO EVEN BALANCE FOR THEIR POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT. THAT STILL NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED, AND WITH MY SITE AND LINKS, I'M SURE IT HAS!

Quibbly
»www.ihatepunkbuster.com

Mcrobrewer
Premium
Trenton, NJ

Quibbly I have no reason to believe anything you said.... nor that what you attributed to EB as saying....

You call certain posters here as 'lame'.

Here is what I think.... You were mad.... you shot off your mouth and said 'I retained' A lawyer.... BLAH BLAH BLAH.....

Then you got in to deep and now you say LOL Aprils fools...

Ummm okay sure.... I knew you were 'full of it' from the first page of this post. If you did have a lawyer he would never have given you a reason of 'Nondisclosure'....

So instead you decided to insult me and tell me basically that I did not know what I was talking about....

Very immature... April's Fools jokes are supposed to FOOL people.... you sure did not fool me... not one bit.

You need to grow up...
--
triponthis.net

tantuti666

join:2002-06-25
Ohio City, OH

1 edit

Mcrobrewer,
If you knew if he Quibbly was full of it, why did you keep checking and posting everday on this thread? If you knew it was fake why did you waste your time on it?

Sounds like you have no sense of humor and gets so worked up easily that you grit your teeth and take it out on people.
You were the first who who started the bashing saying "don't cheat, you won't get banned"

Mcrobrewer
Premium
Trenton, NJ

Yes I did say that and I still believe that is a possibility...

Why would I believe that he did not cheat??? Because he said he didnt???? Well we certain reason to doubt any statement made by Qubbly.

Why did I come back??? Well frankly, to see when he fessed up to making this all up.

In the end I dont know if he did in fact cheat.... But PB banned his key for cheating.... in this thread he has shown that he does not 'tell the truth'... So... quess what I think.
--
triponthis.net

Expand your moderator at work