MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake to justin

MVM

to justin

Re: Ack.. What happened here - Colors?

Click for full size
Justin, I'm not using any theme as of now, but look at the dev/dull forum...You can't even see the links!

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

said by drake:
Justin, I'm not using any theme as of now, but look at the dev/dull forum...You can't even see the links!

The devnull forum has a broken theme, it named all the links to be white! A theme usage bug until now just hid that problem. I've set the devnull forum theme back to "default".

PetePuma
How many lumps do you want
MVM
join:2002-06-13
Arlington, VA

1 edit

PetePuma

MVM

Click for full size
My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
All Things Unix is pretty hosed as well with the default theme. (screenshot is firefox, but happens in IE also)

drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake to justin

MVM

to justin
said by justin:
The devnull forum has a broken theme, it named all the links to be white! A theme usage bug until now just hid that problem. I've set the devnull forum theme back to "default".

Ok I see you have fixed the dev/null forum but the Secret Cooler forum is still hosed with messed up colors.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

said by drake:
said by justin:

Ok I see you have fixed the dev/null forum but the Secret Cooler forum is still hosed with messed up colors.

Oh that turned out not to be theme related.
Someone had used BODY tags with LINK colors in the FORUM HEADER definition

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

unsure if this is related or not.. but I'm using the Dark Site-Wide/Theme Override and the links have *always* been yellow as you can see on the right side. why the navigation sidebar isn't anymore is beyond me.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

unfortunately the various theme link colors do not always match the sidebar background color, so it is now a safer choice that does. Sidebar (and top bar) background color is not a customizeable field of a theme.

draven

join:2002-02-20
my bunker

draven

Click for full size
Yummy!
Here is another example of color being off. This is the 'dark' site override theme:

Incidentally, this is the exact same symptom detailed in this thread: »dark site skin - colors on reply page are off

That has been fixed, so whatever you did to fix that is probably a similar fix for this.

raw
War Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-01-17
Madison, AL

1 edit

raw to justin

Premium Member

to justin
said by justin:
unfortunately the various theme link colors do not always match the sidebar background color, so it is now a safer choice that does. Sidebar (and top bar) background color is not a customizeable field of a theme.

Was I seeing things, or did the tab colors temporarily change to the "Topic Functions" color?

draven

join:2002-02-20
my bunker

draven

Click for full size
Looks good here now, in both IE and Firefox.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

1 edit

Hall to drew

MVM

to drew
I have everything set to blank for colors/themes. I see a new "site-wide" setting and it's blank also. The front page has very bright blue for the news article headings. Is that "normal" ?? I believe my browser's color settings are default, but I'll check 'em now. Hmm, can't tell if they've been changed...