Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k

Premium Member

Re: .Mac, worth it?

I'm currently signed up for the free trial, but not everything is available for me to try. ie the software downloads. I guess I should have asked does .Mac offer enough software in general to make it worth paying $99/year versus paying individually for the software.

hyperjoe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Gates Mills, OH

hyperjoe

Premium Member

the backup software, Skywalkers sound effects, Over 2 gigs of music for imovie, iDisk, free games, free keynote themes, infomative videos on using imovie, Free VersionTracker Plus Subscription

Every year they add stuff....its well worth it

rjackson

join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
Netgear R6400
Switches Trash Bin
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

rjackson to Badger3k

to Badger3k
The amount of software they give you is incredible. And, they add new titles and stuff frequently, so in that sense it's worth the price tag.

The other thing that makes .Mac wonderful is if you happen to use multiple Macs. The ability to sync Safari bookmarks and Address Book contacts with one button is very handy. But if you're only working on one Mac, it's probably not that important a feature.

leXicon5
Pelosi, SHUT YOUR Fing Pie Hole
Premium Member
join:2000-12-27
Saint Louis, MO

leXicon5

Premium Member

said by rjackson:
The other thing that makes .Mac wonderful is if you happen to use multiple Macs. The ability to sync Safari bookmarks and Address Book contacts with one button is very handy.
THAT.....is what makes it worth $200 to me.....

StingerMoD
Premium Member
join:2002-10-16
Calgary, AB

StingerMoD

Premium Member

And if you are away form home on a Mac or on the evilside you can bring up your contacts, bookmarks and other stuff. really handy. save all those pr0n sites for later on a friends computer

tky
join:2001-05-16
Carol Stream, IL

tky

Given that it's entirely possible to replicate 90% of what iDisk is with WebDAV, are there any hacks, apps, or other solutions to publishing iCal calendars to HTML format, or keeping Safari bookmarks in sync?

For contacts in the address book, I use Address-o-Sync to keep my laptop synced up with my desktop, but there's nothing I've found for keeping bookmarks in sync and I'd *really* like that (but I'm not fond of spending more money on .Mac service; buying the hardware costs enough )