how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DannyNY

join:2003-11-24
Hicksville, NY

[iO] TV code for Olevia TV's?

Does anyone know the code for the IO remote for these TV's?

Thanks again

JaM4150
Premium
join:2005-10-27
Matamoras, PA
There is no code for it. According to this site:

»cablevision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin···qid=1414

RickNY
Premium
join:2000-11-02
Farmingville, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by JaM4150:

Did you try the auto-search method listed on that page as well? It may be supported as some other named brand..
--
" Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

DannyNY

Hicksville, NY
said by RickNY:

said by JaM4150:

Did you try the auto-search method listed on that page as well? It may be supported as some other named brand..
Yes I did try the auto search but didn't find anything. Thanks for the replies.
Danny

JaM4150
Premium
join:2005-10-27
Matamoras, PA
reply to RickNY
Its probably just the case of remotes with outdated remote control codes. I know that the code for Westinghouse does not work for my Westinghouse TV.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to DannyNY
What model? My remote works with my 26 inch Olevia TV just fine... I had to use the auto-search to get it though, so I don't know what the code is.

Ender9255

join:2003-05-23
Shelton, CT
I'm not sure what I used for my 42" but I still have the piece of paper from CV that lists all the codes.

Try:

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to DannyNY
Did you buy the 37 inch on newegg for 699 or the 42 inch for 999 Danny?
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

DannyNY

Hicksville, NY
said by HardwareGeek:

Did you buy the 37 inch on newegg for 699 or the 42 inch for 999 Danny?
Hi Sorry for the delay... I got the 27" (527V) from amazon marketplace. It was $578, $23.99 shipping but I had a $25.00 Gift certificate from amazon so it came out to $576 and change. I got it today and hooked it up, looks great. Sorry about the question, I should have said it was for my brother's Olevia, 42" he couldn't find the code. I'll try the ones listed here and let you know. Thanks for all the replies....
Danny

DannyNY

Hicksville, NY
reply to Ender9255
said by Ender9255:

I'm not sure what I used for my 42" but I still have the piece of paper from CV that lists all the codes.

Try:

Those didn't work, thanks Ender

DannyNY

Hicksville, NY
I failed to mention I tried the auto search, held the Channel + button for about 2 mins and no luck. I just went to Olevia.com and got this from support...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Q: What remote control code do I use for my OLEVIA TV?

A: For the LTxxxxx series:

You can use the codes listed under RCA, LG, Philips or Yamaha.

For the 3- 5- 7- series:

This line of product is new to the market; STB manufactures have not included our brand in their code list yet. We recommend using a learning remote control for both the OLEVIA TV and your set top box.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to give those a try but I guess this answers my question. Thanks again everyone

sauce

join:2003-06-14
New York, NY
reply to DannyNY
What is a learning remote control?

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
Many remotes have codes that know the function. You program the code for the device and the buttons match the original remote.

If there's no code for your device you want to control, or there is a code but not a specific function, a learning remote allows you to point your OEM remote at the universal remote and it "learns" the infrared signal the same way the TV or other device understands the IR signal from the remote.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter