dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
CrazyIvan101
join:2004-05-04

CrazyIvan101

RASPPPoe over a Netgear DG834 router HELP!!

Could someone please help me.
I'm trying to use RASPPPoe to connect my second ADSL account through my NETGEAR DG834. I keep getting the error: There is no answer. When click query service i get:
No Service Offers Received.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks so much!

Alex Kirsten (South Africa)

Bob Carrick

join:2000-04-24
New York, NY

Bob Carrick

A router blocks PPPoE requests, you need a switch.
CrazyIvan101

CrazyIvan101

So in other words RASPPPoe will not work with my router?
Are you certain. It's a combination of a switch and an adsl modem. Please take a look:»www.netgear.com/products ··· 22&view=

Bob Carrick

New York, NY

Bob Carrick

No PPPoE product will, it's blocking the PAD* process.
CrazyIvan101

CrazyIvan101

So what can I do now? I've just bought this router?
What would work instead?

Thanks for your help

Bob Carrick

New York, NY

Bob Carrick

You would connect all PCs you want to the router.
CrazyIvan101

CrazyIvan101

My current situation is that Telkom, our only phone company here in South Africa has restricted every user to a 3 gig cap and there after we have slow international access.

Now there is no way to avoid this but we have taken the approach to buy a second ISP account and use that for international access. So no matter if we're capped on the first account the second account is always up on a proxy machine for international access.

I've set the system up on a LAN using one hub with a Planet modem connected to it and a proxy machine connected with the second logon via RASPPPoe. The first logon is via the Planet modem firmware (PPPoE).

No i want to do the same with my router but alas nothing! I hope you understand the situation?

Thanks

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

When you hit the Cap, you would need to go into your Router and change the Username and Password to the second account info and then re-connect.

As previously posted, you cannot make a second (or any for that matter) PPPoE connection through a Router that is already making a PPPoE connection.

Regards,

Doctor Olds