uniqs

I_Route
Premium Member
join:2003-09-19
Merrimack, NH

I_Route

Premium Member

Cool CISCO telminal program/config editor

For those that are CLI junkies (like me) then you will find this FREE program very cool. You can look at the config in one window and make changes and get debugs form two others.

Telconi Terminal is a network management productivity application for network administrators, designed to work with any Cisco IOSĀ® based router, switch or other device. As a multi-platform application, we will support all relevant environments.

Made by Telconi »www.telconi.com

The html exporting seems very useful too.

Enjoy!!

Later,
Jeff

dpocoroba
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14

dpocoroba

Premium Member

That's a interesting piece of software. Just spent a few min's playing with it. seems ok but as most people here I am a CLI guy Also it didn't seem to like telneting into a different port then the default. Great find, i am sure it can help a lot of people that are not familiar with the CLI.

DP

I_Route
Premium Member
Merrimack, NH

I_Route

Premium Member

I have only played with it for a few min also. I just SSHed directly in though.

It is cool because you do not commint the changes right away, there is a comit button. This will save some poeple.

Later,
Jeff

dpocoroba
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14

dpocoroba to I_Route

Premium Member

to I_Route
I can also see where this would prevent people from locking themselves out of a router at times hehe. I do like the seperate debug screen in a way, altough I do like have the msg pop up as im typing so I know right away whats going on. or not going on.

I_Route
Premium Member
Merrimack, NH

I_Route

Premium Member

Yea, I agree with the debug window, at times it is necessary to have them displayed while you type. Split window would rock!

Later,
Jeff

narzy
join:2001-09-02
Salem, OR

narzy to I_Route

to I_Route
I can't seem to get it to work. I get a "No Enable Password Prompt" error.
narzy

narzy

nevermind I had usernames enabled and the user at a very high privlege level.

all better.

yzerman1
Premium Member
join:2001-12-04
Grand Rapids, MI

yzerman1

Premium Member

securecrt2win!
DA
join:2002-04-13
Greenville, SC

DA to I_Route

to I_Route
What this program does really well is help with ACL's. I have routers with over 70 interfaces on it, each interface has the same ACL applied to it. With this program if I modify the ACL it runs a script to remove the acl from every interface, changes the acl and then applies it again. It is a great tool for those of us who don't have Ciscoworks