All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RUdude0884a
@east.verizon.ne

RUdude0884a

Anon

Firmware 1.45.11 for BEFSR41 (v1 and v2)

I was wondering if this new firmware that was released a few days ago will fix up all the problems that people have been having. How are people doing with this new firmware?

Thanks

www.linksys.com/download ··· p?fwid=3)

PS: I'm actually RUdude0884 but can't post 'cause I'm at the 100 post/10 day limit.

Sharingan
join:2003-08-17
North Hollywood, CA

4 edits

Sharingan

Need Assistance!

Not sure if its just me, but 1.45.11 doesnt work with CounterStrike CZ. I get in the game fine and then 1 min later I get dropped.

Switched back to 1.45.7 and then I was able to play. Seems to me 1.45.11 is still buggy.

IN console i get this message

BAD: 32:svc_bad
Host_Error: CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message - svc_ba

In a second attempt I got this message

Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 23

3rd Attempt

Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 14

I cannot be the only one with this problem!!
stealth29206
join:2002-08-24
Flower Mound, TX

stealth29206

I've been trying for a couple hours. I can't get the file to download. Linksys is probably swarmed with people trying to download this.

TexasGuy
49 States And Texas
Premium Member
join:2002-12-02
Houston, TX

TexasGuy to RUdude0884a

Premium Member

to RUdude0884a
Not even a year passes and we get another version. Do they have some geek coding in a basement? Way to go, Linksys.

scarney
Bbr Team Discovery - Bbr Team Rc5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-18
Madison, WI

3 edits

scarney to RUdude0884a

Premium Member

to RUdude0884a
well i updated, now i cant stay connected to a gaming server ANY gaming server. i connect, join a team, 10 seconds later i get booted. i play DOD (Day of Defeat) a Half Life MOD. anyone else play this or a different game and have the same problem?..

Foenatic
@wilmsc01.tn.comcast.

Foenatic

Anon

well i am using the 8 port router v3 with the newest firewar and well...cs/sven don;t work, but sometimes it does. why does updated ur fireware have anything to do with it?

scarney
Bbr Team Discovery - Bbr Team Rc5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-18
Madison, WI

scarney

Premium Member

Foenatic, if you updated to this version 1.45.11. it is only for the BEFSR41 ver. 1 & ver. 2.x/BEFSR11/BEFSRU31.

foenatic
@wilmsc01.tn.comcast.

foenatic

Anon

no i updated the 8 port router to 2.50.2, sry if in wrong topic, i posted on the other topic, this just seemed the right place till i posted. sry

Shreve
join:2002-07-05
Henderson, NV

Shreve to RUdude0884a

to RUdude0884a
I was about to update until I saw the gaming network problem.

Any solutions? It must be a settings issue

Jan Janowski
Premium Member
join:2000-06-18
Waynesville, NC

Jan Janowski to RUdude0884a

Premium Member

to RUdude0884a
Probably this weekend I will try it on a BEFSRU31....
I'm more interested in the Security patches, as I will be using it only as a switch, not a router.

I'm using a BEFSX41 as a router, with the BEFSRU31 as a swtich behind it.

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium Member
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob to RUdude0884a

Premium Member

to RUdude0884a
I'm not gonna try it yet but I have seen several people over at GRC reporting that they are seeing the login screen now when accessing the WAN IP. One reported that this flaw wasn't there before. Still trying to figure out how these people are accessing the WAN IP. From the WAN side or the LAN side. It should only be a factor from the WAN side since that is outside the router. FWIW this is one of the recent flaws that came up about these routers. The problems with checking this out are if your ISP blocks inbound ports 80 and 443 thus making it harder to test this out even if you use a backup dialup connection. I believe Comcast blocks these ports.
edelite
join:2004-05-24
US

edelite

Why do new firmwares/upgrades always fix the old problems but create new ones? *sigh* I think i'll wait and see how people deal with this new problem (and maybe see a fix in the upcoming days).
WiseAzz1
join:2003-05-11
Mount Pocono, PA

WiseAzz1

Well Ive had 0 probs with this version.
Played BF,BFV,ZERO HR
seems ok for me

Peter_
@boanxx9.adsl-dhcp.te

Peter_ to RUdude0884a

Anon

to RUdude0884a
Firmware 1.45.11 for BEFSR41 V2.(1):
The router drops the lease of the IP randomly.
I have to manually renew it 1-2 times every hour.
Peter_

Peter_ to RUdude0884a

Anon

to RUdude0884a
Ok, its not random after all.
The router just doesnt renew the WAN IP lease automaticly.

That means that I have renew it manually every hour.

GHammer
join:2003-10-23
China

GHammer to RUdude0884a

to RUdude0884a

Running Fine

This firmware is working well here.
I have not seen an eMule lock since updating.
BitSpirit is fine, same speeds & auto UPnP port mapping works fine.

In all, a painless update that seems to have corrected the few problems I had with my v1.

Pretorious
Theres more behind the pic than the wall
MVM
join:2003-01-08

Pretorious

MVM

Working great here, 24 hours with no problems at all thus far! My router was dropping the lease at least twice every 24 hours before the upgrade, and so far it hasn't dropped it once. BEFSR41 Ver2.

syskinl
@vif.net

syskinl to RUdude0884a

Anon

to RUdude0884a

Re: Firmware 1.45.11 for BEFSR41 (v1 and v2)

"Firmware 1.45.11 for BEFSR41 V2.(1):
The router drops the lease of the IP randomly.
I have to manually renew it 1-2 times every hour"

Same here and approx. every 10 min. if i download with BitTorrent.

foenatic
@wilmsc01.tn.comcast.

foenatic to RUdude0884a

Anon

to RUdude0884a
well i have 0 probs with ut2004/bfv/etc.. it is just steam cs/hl/tfc/ns/dod and crap on the steam engine. if you play halflife like my friend and i do at my house u must use steam, or play crapping old cs 1.5 with shitting servers. i need the 2.45.5 firmware so i can downgrade and play the games. or will there be a new updrate asap to fix this? or is there another way to fix it?

LinksysUser
@sasknet.sk.ca

LinksysUser to RUdude0884a

Anon

to RUdude0884a

WAN IP Problems

Upgraded my Linksys BEFSR41 v1 firmware from 1.45.7 to 1.45.11 yesterday and have also discovered that it won't renew a WAN IP automatically, have to do it manually every few hours too. No other problems to report so far.
LinksysUser

Anon

to RUdude0884a

Remote access problem.

Just tried connecting to the WAN IP address via my browser and was able to get the login screen and successfully log in to my Linksys BEFSR41 v1 router. Remote management and remote upgrade are both off so something is definitely not right. That make two problems I've seen others post about and that I've now experienced too.

dq1
@manc.broadband.ntl.c

dq1

Anon

I used to be able to access the wan address using the previous firmware too (through LAN ports). Try doing it through the WAN port - I think mine blocks it properly through the WAN port.

LinksysUser
@sasknet.sk.ca

Anon

to RUdude0884a

WAN fix.

I figured out how to prevent the login prompt from coming up when connecting to the WAN IP address. Make sure "Filter Internet NAT Redirection" is off or this won't work. Next set up forwarding so that port 80 is forwarded to a non-existent LAN IP address. That's it. Now, I'm not sure if trying to connect to the WAN IP address from a remote computer brings up the login screen or not but I figure why take the chance? There is no reason for it since I do all router config from the LAN side anyways.

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob

Premium Member

I'm not gonna say what you have found is not a problem but that is not a valid check of the router login page. You have to attempt access from the WAN side which means outside of the router not inside your own LAN. Not saying that one doesn't need to worry about it from inside ones own LAN but we are more worried about it if someone can access the router login screen from the internet.

LinksysUser
@sasknet.sk.ca

LinksysUser

Anon

Stuff like this doesn't help either:

»www.securitytracker.com/ ··· 357.html

I'm aware testing from inside my LAN by connecting to the WAN address isn't a good test. Don't have the means to test from a remote point outside my LAN unfortunately. Hoping someone using a pre-v3 BEFSR41 router can do a test to see if we're now affected too thanks to the latest firmware "fix".

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob

Premium Member

True! I have another computer that I can dial-up and check. I have checked with the 1.45.7 firmware and it doesn't work, however Comcast, whihc I am on, blocks inbound ports 80 and 443 so I don't think I can even perform a valid check or even if it really matters. I think a valid check would only come from someone who can access their router on the WAN side with fully open ports or with a direct connection to the WAN side.

griff99
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Merrimack, NH

griff99

Premium Member

I just confirmed on the v2 (and the v3 if anyone cares) that the remote management fails from the WAN side.

It is perfectly normal to access the WAN IP from the LAN side since the router knows about both of it's IP addresses.

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob

Premium Member

griff99:
Can I ask how you accomplished the test? Do you know if the ISP you are using to connect your router does or does not block inbound ports 80 and 443? If you want to verify this you have to run the Shields Up test at GRC or something similar and not be behind the router.

griff99
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Merrimack, NH

griff99

Premium Member

I have some at my office, so I plugged them into the network via the WAN port and via DHCP they obtained addresses. Then from another system on that same network I tried to access those ports both 80 and 443, eventually the connection times out. Then I took it one step further and ran a Nessus scan of these boxes and then I finally ran an Nmap scan.

The only thing that is a bit disturbing and I have already spoken with Linksys about this, is on the version 2, port 1900/udp (UPnP) is showing open on the WAN side from the Nessus scan. Nmap however doesn't seem to be showing this port as open. The version 3 did not show this behavior at all with the current 1.05.00.

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob

Premium Member

How is the linksys set up this way? Gateway or Router? I myself wouldn't even be sure how to set one up that way. Does it work just like connnecting to a modem?
Currently I am testing a setting with my SR41 running the 1.45.7 firmware. I have changed all the dafault IP settings to check for further lockups. As of right now it has been running for 4 days and I have yet to have the red diag light come on. The computers hooked to it do occasionally lose connectivity though. I have had to do one reset on it.