FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

User Review -- Berserk

Berserk
Reviewed by: vic102482

Gatts, an incredibly powerful warrior, is a lone swordsman in a medieval-fantasy world. He loses in a battle with a mysterious swordsman named Griffith, who holds a powerful pendant called the Eye of God. As the story progresses, secrets are revealed and the darkest depths of fantasy combat and political intrigue are explored.

-- ratings --

Animation: 9 – The animation was great, and the colors crisp. Huge armies were animated very well, and the characters had a very distinct look, unlike the other “everyone is a twin” series. Characters had bad teeth, and ugly or beautiful faces, the series had very good battle animation as well, although the sword attacks did get repetitive after a while.

Storyline: 9 -- The story was phenomenal. At times it may have been a little hard to follow, but every aspect of the story was incredible. The character development, and the plot of the story seem to have come more from a novel than a magna. It has a very classic Shakespearean/Hamlet feel to it.

Characters: 10 -- The characters in the story were incredible. Each one had his or her own agenda and dreams. They didnt think alike nor act alike, they all seemed to have their own individual code that they lived by vs. what society had deemed for them.

Soundtrack: 8 -- Certain parts of the soundtrack did not seem to fit particularly the introduction. The overall sound was great, the moans and death laden cries of the men fallen on the field were very believable even though it was an animated series.

Overall: 9.5 -- The plot can be a tad bit hard to follow, but overall an excellent job was done on this anime. The ending is not all wrapped up and conclusive like we Americans like, and it is very bloody and gory, but this is what makes the anime great. Even though it is bloody, that is not the focus of the series. I would recommend this to anyone who has a strong stomach.

WARNING, this series is both BLOODY and VIOLENT. I say bloody AND violent, as in very bad things happening that don’t involve murder if you get my drift. It is not for the faint of heart, and for darn sure not a family movie. Please be advised.