FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

User Review -- Wolf's Rain

Wolf's Rain
Reviewed by Vic102482

The apocalypse has come and gone, and the Earth is a bleak and isolated place with a landscape dotted by domed communities and ravaged ecosystems. The biggest survivor? Wolves. But not just any wolves. These creatures can control human thought so that people perceive the animals to be humans and allow them into society. But Kiba, Hige, Tsume and Toboe long for nothing else than to be separate and proud.

-- ratings --

Animation: 9 –- The animation was awesome, and the colors crisp. The quality was excellent, and the characters were very distinguished. The dogs looked great, and you could actually see a noticeable difference between the wolves and the dogs of the series. Also the main character just had the look of a wolf even when he was in his human form. The only negative was some of the animations of the characters when running, it looked almost comical at times. This is a small and trivial issue and does not take away from the series.

Storyline: 8 -- The story was okay, there were a lot of holes in the story. This is one series where you must watch and go back and read the manga. The story is at best “followable”, another downside is, you could watch the last 10 episodes of the 30 episode series and know the same amount as someone that watched the entire storyline. The first 10-15 episodes will feel like a disappointment when you get to the last 10-15. You have to watch it to understand what I am talking about.

Characters: 9 -- The characters in the story were incredible. They were drawn excellently, and they each had their own individual temperament and looks, from the runt of the pack to the leader, they all had individual traits and they all were animated excellently.

Soundtrack: 10 -- The soundtrack was out of this world. The soundtrack was awesome, stupendous, everything fit so perfectly, it was great. I have nothing but praise for the soundtrack. What I appreciated the most was the use of unorthodox instruments that still gave feeling and emotion to the series. Not your average saxophone or electric guitar, there were congo drums, harmonicas, and human “beebopping” used throughout the series.

Overall: 8.5 –- I had to say 8.5 because of the story, which IMO has the most weight to a series. The story was very difficult to follow initially and I found myself asking a lot of questions, like “what is a noble, but that was all pieced together in the end, also with the huge recap of episodes, I felt like I had wasted my time watching the first part of the series. It is still a good series, and a nice “twist” at the end.