uniqs

TCO1962
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Champaign, IL

TCO1962

Premium Member

Can't uninstall Panda, help?

I DL'd the trial version of Titanium and had a few problems with it. I tried to uninstall but it won't "completely". It won't function at all now however, but tries to boot up and "acts" like it's still there.
Completely frustrated. I've played with JV16 (in fact, that's what I used to uninstall it) to no avail.
It suggests re-installing at times so it can uninstall but the install already detects a previous version of course, so, no go.
It was whining about no VCLX50.BPL for a bit so I found that and added it. No go. New nags, can't find WHISTLER.BPL now either.
Really irking me. I hope it doesn't come to a format but I'm getting pretty irritated. Any help greatly appreciated, not sure if this post should be here or MS but the help is awfully good here so I chose here 1st. Thanks in advance!

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
England

John2g

Premium Member

Have you looked for help here: »www.pandasoftware.com/su ··· t/guide/

TCO1962
Premium Member
Champaign, IL

TCO1962

Premium Member

said by John2g:
Have you looked for help here: »www.pandasoftware.com/su ··· t/guide/

Yes, I'm into a little bigger problem than "go to control panel, remove programs", etc. etc.
That's why I came here.

Anon-Dannon
@cgocable.net

Anon-Dannon to TCO1962

Anon

to TCO1962
I had the same problem actually, just not the same error... I was not too pleased with panda... heres what u should try. go to your System Restore... go back to the day before you got the error, or the last time u updated the program, then try uninstalling, thats what worked for me.

MapleLeaf
Premium Member
join:2001-09-04
Burnaby, BC

MapleLeaf to TCO1962

Premium Member

to TCO1962
If you can't restore (no image disk or restore point), there is not much you can do besides making changes to the registry. Doing that on your own, without knowing what exactly needs to be edited, is not an option. Because of that, I would suggest to maybe try another good registry cleaner, for example, RegSeeker. It is free.

Also, a very good registry cleaner is included in TuneUp Utilities, this software has a 30 day free trial. I don't know, which functions are disabled in trial, so I would recommend to try RegSeeker first.

TCO1962
Premium Member
Champaign, IL

TCO1962

Premium Member

I have some restore points but sys restore is all whacked now it appears as well. I know it's because of this Panda related BS. (98% sure anyway because it flashes the "missing file" nag prior to restore).
I'll try Regseeker. Not familiar with it but not afraid to try. I can format:). I hate to but I will, this is a real pain.

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium Member
England

1 recommendation

John2g to TCO1962

Premium Member

to TCO1962
It is of no help to you now, but next time you decide to install some new software, use Total Uninstall, which you can find here: »www.geocities.com/ggmartau/

It is very good and can carry out an uninstall very cleanly.

BTW it is FREEWARE.

TCO1962
Premium Member
Champaign, IL

TCO1962

Premium Member

Regseeker is a no go too. I'm getting a new nag lately though!:) WHISTLER.BPL can not be found, try re-installing.

I've usually had no problems with uninstalling anything.

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium Member
England

John2g

Premium Member

said by TCO1962:
Regseeker is a no go too. I'm getting a new nag lately though!:) WHISTLER.BPL can not be found, try re-installing.

In my opinion, there is only one foolproof way to overcome the problems you are having. Before I install ANYTHING I make an image. I learned the hard way.

TCO1962
Premium Member
Champaign, IL

TCO1962

Premium Member

said by John2g:
said by TCO1962:

In my opinion, there is only one foolproof way to overcome the problems you are having. Before I install ANYTHING I make an image. I learned the hard way.

Yeah, that would solve it. That said, in the last decade or so I've never been unable to rid myself of an unwanted program, ever.

mboy
Premium Member
join:2001-04-13
Little Falls, NJ

mboy to TCO1962

Premium Member

to TCO1962
Search the registry for Panda and PAV and delete anything u find.

Even before that do a file search for panda*.* and PAV *.*
Make sure you have the services unched in msconfig so they don't try and load during startup as well.

TCO1962
Premium Member
Champaign, IL

1 edit

TCO1962

Premium Member

Update..
I think I've finally freed myself of that hideous beast!

Didn't format but got close. I couldn't write a tutorial on how I did it to save my rear! I did end up in safe mode, the registry, and used a program called eraser to overwrite files. I'm not sure which one actually allowed totally removing the mess but it appears it's gone!

Thanks to all who replied, that's "the end" of this mess I do believe, thanks again.

i
@0000000553.acesso.on

i

Anon

can you give me the site were you get the erase program to clean panda titanium, because i have the same problem to uninstall panda

Panda customer
@range217-44.btcentra

Panda customer

Anon

I guess im a few years to late, lol, but heres the solution from the horses mouth!

Dear Customer

In order to uninstall the Panda Antivirus Titanium program manually proceed as follows, deleting the entries in the Registry and files detailed below. However, if at any time the entries or files cannot be found, continue with the uninstallation process, as depending on the version installed the files or entries may or may not exist.

Follow the steps below:

First attempt to remove Panda from Control Panel, Add remove programs. Once this is done, make sure that there are no Panda Services running in the Services section in Control panel. Ensure they are stopped and set to disabled.

Open the Registry from Start, Run, write REGEDIT, and click on OK. Highlight 'My Computer' at the top of the list, then go to 'Edit' and 'Find'. Type 'panda' into the box and then click on 'Find Next'. This will search the Registry for panda files. When it brings up a folder or file, press 'delete' or right-click on the highlighted file/folder and select 'delete' from the menu to remove it. Then press 'F3' to search again and find the next Panda entry.

Continue to search and delete Panda entries in the Registry until no more entries are found. Then repeat this process, this time searching for 'pav'. When both searches are complete, close the Registry and restart the computer.

Once this operation has been carried out, using Windows Explorer delete the Panda Software folder that is below C:\Program files. You should also delete the following files Windows \system: PAV.SIG, APVXD.VXD, APVXDUT.VXD, PANDA.CHP.

By carrying out these operations, Panda Antivirus Titanium will be uninstalled.

Regards
Technical Support

Panda Software UK

Panda Titanium and Panda Platinum are entitled to Email support only. If you wish to contact Panda Technical Support directly then please call our technical staff on 0906 609 2120 (this is a premium rate number and all calls are charged at 60p a minute)

mboy
Premium Member
join:2001-04-13
Little Falls, NJ

mboy

Premium Member

That's pretty much what I wrote!
robpruitt2
join:2004-07-27
North Port, FL

robpruitt2

I have the same problem and will follow the instructions here. My question is why you don't fix the uninstall feature in your software? Also, as commonly remarked on download.com and my personal experience I have to ask why the program is so unstable. There was a time that I had to re-boot my computer about 7 times before I could alt+cntrl+delete fast enough to terminate the program before it locked me up.

If you fix the stability and really really annoying uninstall bug you will have my business.

Gemologist
Premium Member
join:2001-11-15
USA

Gemologist to TCO1962

Premium Member

to TCO1962
Never had a problem with the Program or uninstalling... Always has worked great for me Note: I also never tried demo//trial.. Just Full Program.

Rozegeur
@kabel.telenet.be

Rozegeur to TCO1962

Anon

to TCO1962
Hello,

I've followed all the steps, but I'm still stuck with a piece of Panda software.
It's an exe file located in my Common files folder (winxp) and is named "PavPrSrv"
the file is always in use in my processes and I can't make it stop - so it cannot be removed. It says some hardware connected to the system doesn't work -> what the hell is that supposed to mean?
I need to get rid of it because suddenly it lock up my entire system taking 100% cpu.
It's the first time I have problems with Panda.
I tried to uninstall for a clean re-install because it gets stuck finding a virus (bookagent.E) in the win system. The pop-up message keeps coming about it, and it says i need to check if the infected file is written-protected. There is no such file to be found in my map system32, so I can't check it.

I'm having all kinds of pop-ups even though I have zone alarm + pest patrol newest verions.
I want to remove IExplorer, but that seems impossible with Winxp. I only use modzilla to surf, but explorer pop-ups keep coming. Even if zone alarm stops them (and not all of the are stopped!), the processes are visible in win manager.

And I do surf on normal websites.

gosh, pc's are really a pain in the ass!

sybille
Not only "just visiting"
Premium Member
join:2004-04-06
France

sybille

Premium Member

said by Rozegeur:

...I'm still stuck with a piece of Panda software.
It's an exe file located in my Common files folder (winxp) and is named "PavPrSrv"
the file is always in use in my processes and I can't make it stop - so it cannot be removed.

Have you tried deleting it while in safe mode?

Given the pop-ups and the bookagent.E virus detection, it seems to me that Panda isn't the only rotten thing in the state of your PC. I think you would benefit from following the procedures in »Security »I think my computer is infected or hijacked. What should I do?

pollux44