how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

liug

join:2000-10-09
San Ramon, CA

Uniden: how to reset the VM indicator flash

I have a Uniden two line 5.8G phone, plugged into SPA-2000 on a broadvoice line. Yesterday, I got some voice mail messages and the VM indicator on the phone turned on (flashing). The problem is after I deleted the voice messages and cleared the indicator (*99), the phone still flashes. It's been in such a way for over 24 hours and I tried to reset SPA-2000 without any help. If I pick up the phone, I can hear the normal dial tone which means there are no VM signalling from the broadvoice server.

Any idea how I can turn this "flashing" off?

Thanks!

nert

join:2004-08-26
Bellevue, WA
Any idea how I can turn this "flashing" off?

Yeah, put a piece of tape over it. That will stop it from blinking. Kidding of course. Have you tried unplugging the base station for 30 seconds? Is this happening on all the phones or just the one? If its just the one, take the battery out for a few seconds. If it's for all the phones, I say unplug the base station. Worked for me when it happened to my phones ( ihave the 2.4ghz Uniden).

liug

San Ramon, CA
happens to all (base and 2 handsets).
when you say "unplug base", do you mean unplug the RJ-11 cord, or the power cord? since they have battery, unplug power cord probably won't work?

liug

San Ramon, CA
oh well, I tried both (unplug the RJ11 and power). but the "envolope" icons still shows, and the indicator still flashes. any more suggestions? thanks!

Sasa

join:2001-09-22
US
reply to liug
said by liug:
I have a Uniden two line 5.8G phone
What model # is this Uniden 2-Line 5.8G phone ?

I have been looking all over Uniden & Panasonic web sites & can't find any 5.8G 2-line cordless phone models.

Thanks.

liug

San Ramon, CA
It is TRU8866 that I bought from Office Depot as discussed here:
»[Equipment] 2 Line 5.8GHZ Phone Systems

nert

join:2004-08-26
Bellevue, WA
reply to liug
liug,

I meant the power cord but I guess it didn't work. How about resetting your phones? Go here for directions:

»uniden.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/unid···wX3Byb2R fbHZsMj01NzQmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1yZXNldA**&p_li=

That should do it for ya.

Sasa

join:2001-09-22
US
reply to liug
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it very much.

IGGY
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL
reply to liug
Have you tried *95: Force Message Waiting Indicator off

This may not work for your provider etc. But worth a shot I guess.