El Subestimado
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
Bronx, NY

elboricua

Premium Member

?New? Virus Seems to be gateway for spyware

Hello all,

I just wanted to get a warning out there about a really nasty virus. So far Symantec is calling the virus w32.spybot.worm but I think that the write up that they have is erroneous.

For the past 3 day at work we have been battling the this virus. We believe that it gets loaded from the following website

rev0lt.net

We noticed that the problem started after a few users complained of that website opening upon login. Within the hour we had monstrous amounts of network traffic.

It only seems to affect NT/2000/XP machines. The 3 98 machines on our network were not affected at all. For the NT based machines it creates several executalble files. The virus creates/drops bling.exe and sys32.exe in the %systemroot%\system32. If the machine does not have windows 2000 sp4 it will create a hidden system file called MSNMGR5.exe in the system32 folder. It also creates a file called index.exe in the root of c:\..

These files together open up every available port on the host PC and infect other pc's through older MS RPC vulnerabilities. To remove the virus we have been doing the following:

1. Boot the PC into safe mode
2. Delete sys32.exe bling.exe, index.exe, and msnmgr5.exe if it exists.
3. Search the registry and delete all entries with those exe's as values.
4. Apply the following Microsoft patches. We downloaded them burned to CD and installed to the infected PC's in safe mode.

Win2K
KB828035
KB828741
KB828749
KB835732

WinXP
Q315000
Q815021
KB828035
KB828741
KB835732

We have noticed that this virus seems to be a gateway for spyware applications. Machines that had no spyware prior to Tuesday had horrible amounts of popups. We found that the following software had been installed

WSEM
Windows SynchroAD
Windows SR 2.0
Active Alert
webrebates0
webrebates1

I just wanted to give a heads up to admins out there. I talked to our ISP and they informed me that several of their clients are experiencing the same issue. I hope this helps.

Dr Tweak
join:2004-09-23
Chesapeake, VA

Dr Tweak

Thanks for the heads up but this is something that your network shouldn't even have been slightly effected by at all.

If the basics were covered....... ALL Windows updates done, quality AV program, spyware protection and some type of firewall then this would have never been an issue.

I can't understand for the life of me why the system admins where I work and everyone else I know works have a reactive instead of proactive response to computer security. I do understand that it takes time to keep things up to date and secure but that is their job. Where I work they are still using Symantec Corp 7.0 and it's not even set for scheduled scans, Symantec is terrible to begin with and they are 3 or 4 versions behind.

elboricua
El Subestimado
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

2 edits

elboricua

Premium Member

said by Dr Tweak:
If the basics were covered....... ALL Windows updates done, quality AV program, spyware protection and some type of firewall then this would have never been an issue.
I can't understand for the life of me why the system admins where I work and everyone else I know works have a reactive instead of proactive response to computer security. I do understand that it takes time to keep things up to date and secure but that is their job. Where I work they are still using Symantec Corp 7.0 and it's not even set for scheduled scans, Symantec is terrible to begin with and they are 3 or 4 versions behind.

Just for the record we are using Symantec Corp 9.0 and this thing entered through a website port 80. Can't really block that. In a perfect world yes all machines would be updated. In the real world we get to what we can. Not every machine on the network was infected. However the ones that were created a DoS style attack on the network and slowed everyone down. Out of 250 PC's I counted about 30 as being infected. When you are not sure if a machine is infected or not you have to check them all. It took 2 days to get things calmed down.

EDIT:

Also wanted to add that we have a centralized antivirus server that pushes definition updates out as available. To date the server and clients have not caught this once. I have scanned machines offline with a definition date of 9/22 and it picks up nothing. I scanned the exe's directly and symantec found nothing. I submitted the files directly to Symantec and am awaiting their response.

The major problem in the Corp world is that there is too high of a user/computer to IT staff ratio, and poor upper management decisions. We had blocked all known spware sites at the firewall level and were forced by the managing partners to remove this because they were blocked from certain sites. We gave them the we told you so speech when they tried to blame our lack of vigilance (It felt good to give that speech too1)

Dr Tweak
Chesapeake, VA

Dr Tweak to elboricua

to elboricua
I understand your point eloboricua but as i said above "quality AV program" and Symantec does qualify, I have seen it miss virus after virus after trojan after trojan and malware detection.... forget it.

It's sad that Symantec is the most widely used corporate AV out there because I have seen first hand how poorly it's detection rate is and down time is extremely costly for big businesses. If they realized how much money they spent for such and AV program and also realized how much downtime and IT personnel time was spent fixing it's lack of virus detection they would never buy such a product.

Kaspersky outperforms Symantec any day of the week and when overall cost is figured in it is quite inexpensive.

univc
@12.10.x.x

univc

Anon

I face the same problem with rev0lt.net site and another
site gen0cide.com...

tried all tricks with NAV but hopeless...Have been trying to delete index.exe etc from registry and hard disk but somehow everything seems to come back on next reboot...

has anyone else faced the same problem with gen0cide and
rev0lt ??

elboricua
El Subestimado
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

elboricua

Premium Member

There are several files that you need to delete if they exist.

bling.exe
MSNMGR5.exe
SYS32.exe

and index.exe. Search the registry and delete all instances of each. sys32.exe hides itself as a USB driver. Once you clear out the files and reg entries shut the PC down.

Make sure that you have all of the critical updates on the machine as well. The machines might be getting reinfected from another machine on the network.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

A new variant?
from
»vil.nai.com/vil/content/ ··· 0282.htm
"..- Update March 05, 2004 --
This family of worms has more then 1,000 variants now! Majority of variants are proactively detected. For maximum protection users are recommended to:

* use the latest engine/DAT combination
* ensure the scanning of compressed files is enabled.."

Cudni

Randy Bell
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Santa Clara, CA

3 edits

Randy Bell

Premium Member

Cudni See Profile, I think you have the right idea, there are thousands of variants in this "bot" family .. Dr Tweak See Profile, I would be first to say that KAV is excellent but I think we need to try to help elboricua See Profile the O.P. with what he has to work with at the moment .. let's try to meet him where he is at right now, rather than where we might wish him to be in the future ..

For elboricua See Profile -- Sometimes these "spybot worms" are packed, and hopefully your submission will be added for detection soon, since if your version of SAV isn't detecting it they will need to add a signature, even if it is a packed version of something already detected. Hope that helps.

elboricua
El Subestimado
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

elboricua

Premium Member

From the email that I got from Symantec the newest Intelligent Updater should have the definition file. I installed and tested on a machine that I took offline and infected on purpose. SAV detected the files and deleted them but did nothing to the registry entries. I still had to go through by hand and kill the registry entries. At least it is a start. Oh and the email stated that this was not malicious code. Heh, I guess a worm that causes a denial of service event on a network is not malicious

univc
@12.10.x.x

univc to elboricua

Anon

to elboricua
Thanks...Did try to delete all these three files. But they seem to reappear for some reason.

Also There is another file mt-uninstaller which i think installs MediaTickets everytime i get connected to my dial up internet connection or DSL connection.

Any information on gen0cide page it is trying to open ?

Thanks

stevepsilver
@knology.net

stevepsilver to elboricua

Anon

to elboricua
I got boned by this thing too.. I was at the Bellagio hotel in Vegas, I assume they have no/poor firewall. I also have NAV corporate with the latest definitions.

I am not positive this is related stuff but I noticed that some of my infected systems also had "mt-uninstaller.exe" and another file with the name "0". These files were installed about the same time as the "msnmsgr5.exe" file. I also had a c.bat file which was trying to run a dos window with some ftp commands.

Since the infection I can no longer run a dos version of a program we use here. I get en error box -

16 bit MS-DOS subsystem
c:\docume~1\steve\desktop\q&a.pif
c:\winnt\system32\autoexec.nt. The system is not suitible for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications.
Choose close to terminate this application.

I hope this helps some of you.. and can anyone tell me what is up with my MS-DOS? I'll check back shortly.

Regards, Steve

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac

Premium Member

no idea but if you think your infected can follow the steps in this link
»Security »I think my computer is infected or hijacked. What should I do?
and post a new thread here with your hijackthis log, and a bit explaining

elboricua
El Subestimado
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

elboricua to stevepsilver

Premium Member

to stevepsilver
said by stevepsilver:
I hope this helps some of you.. and can anyone tell me what is up with my MS-DOS? I'll check back shortly.

Regards, Steve

We actually caught this one today. You will need to replace the %systemroot%\system32\autoexec.nt file with one from a known working machine. We did that on a few machines after some of our legacy programs refused to run. The file size should be 605 bytes.

NyQuil Kid
8f The Nyquil Kid
join:2001-01-06
Brick, NJ

NyQuil Kid to elboricua

to elboricua
We seen these and other files all over the place; you also want to check for the following:

Win32 USB2 Driver smsc.exe
starter scvhosting.exe
mismo bling.exe
tourpath regedit /s c:\winnt\tour.reg
Win32 USB service usbspool.exe
Windows Automatic Updates bling.exe
Windows Update bling.exe
window2 homo.exe
Microsoft Updating Machine sysc0de.exe
Microsoft Update

*vssav
*xmimc
Microsoft AUT Update MSlti16.exe
Microsoft Update Machine Linux.exe
Cryptographic Service pfdtpch.exe
Windows DLL Loader passcfg16.exe
Windows System Configuration passcfg16.exe
Videoprocess vv.exe
Microsoft Service exename.exe
Service Scheduler scheduler.exe
Win32 System Spool spoolsvc.exe
Microsoft Service exename.exe

We used my bootable Public AntiVirus CD to run a scan on the computer, then enter safe mode and clean out the registry as well as look for "rogue" files not picked up by any antivirus (we submit those to Symantec and McAfee).

If it helps, feel free to download the Public AntiVirus CD at »nyquil-kid.dyndns.org

HTH,

[8F] The NyQuil Kid

elboricua
El Subestimado
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

elboricua

Premium Member

I received an updated reply from Symantec. Bling.exe is now malware in their scans as are index.exe mt-unintaller, and sys32.exe are.

Here is an excerpt from their email.
quote:

Dear First Name Last Name,

We have analyzed your submission. The following is a report of our
findings for each file you have submitted:

filename: bling.exe
machine: AVCAutomation:
result: This file is infected with W32.Spybot.Worm

filename: bling.reg
result: This file is clean

filename: index.exe
result: See the developer notes

filename: sys32.exe
result: This file is infected with W32.Spybot.Worm

Developer notes:
bling.exe is non-repairable threat. Please delete this file and replace
it if necessary. Please follow the instruction at the end of this email
message to install the latest rapidrelease definitions.
bling.reg does not appear to be malicious. However, it can be a
component of a malicious code. It is therefore recommended that you
delete this file.
index.exe contains no malicious code, but performs actions on your
machine without your permission/knowledge. It is safe to delete this
file.
sys32.exe is non-repairable threat. NAV with the latest rapidrelease
definition detects this. Please delete this file and replace it if
neccessary. Please follow the instruction at the end of this email
message to install the latest rapidrelease definitions.

NyQuil Kid
8f The Nyquil Kid
join:2001-01-06
Brick, NJ

NyQuil Kid

Yeah I received the same email. If it helps, feel free to download my Public AntiVirus CD at »nyquil-kid.dyndns.org - it's an ISO file that you can use to create a bootable CD and scan your HD.

HTH.

[8F] The NyQuil Kid

johngNJ
@optonline.net

johngNJ to elboricua

Anon

to elboricua
I am dealing with the same exact issue at my work. I have 750 desktops and I use SMS to push the critical updates to the PCs and we use symantec anti-virus CE. Our virus definitons are always up to date. About 40 desktops got infected appearently the MS04-011 did install right on these systems and they were vulrnerable to the worm.
It must be another variant of the w32.spybot.dhv virus because the SAV Sept 22nd definiton file did not catch it at all even though the Sept 7th definitons supposedly detect it.
We called Symantec and they are basically blowing us off about the whole thing. They said that they were not hearing about this from any other corporations.
The only way we found out about it was from users calling complaining that there system froze up. We took a look and found the common exe was win32usb.exe it was in the system32 folder and had registry entries. We monitored the network and saw a lot of TCP port 445 traffic coming from the PCs infected.

compgeek1981
@attbi.com

compgeek1981 to univc

Anon

to univc
You can remove Bling.exe and all viruses asssoc with it by using stinger. Nav is not able to detect it yet.

»vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Aurthuric
@dsl.sfldmi.ameritech

Aurthuric to Dr Tweak

Anon

to Dr Tweak
I have also had to battle this problem in over 100 computers... I also used to use symantec corp 9.0....

I now use AVG from grisoft. It out performs symantec and norton and has better updates.

Its cost for a network is much lower than symantec.

I also use spybot S&D and ADAWARE 6.0 as an added level of detection. I have had good luck using all three to eliminate this bad boy virus. I have one machine that I cant seem to get cleaned, but I am working on it.

Uptown Joe
@roel.com

Uptown Joe to compgeek1981

Anon

to compgeek1981
We have an outbreak on out network - We are using SAV 9 Corp Edition. Bling.exe, Loud.exe, 1oud.exe are the file names that it is using to transport itself. Once it's on the computer it starts adding toolbars to IE and generating pop-ups. The other really cool feature is all the crap programs that are auto-installed onto the machine.

Thanks for the heads up on Stinger - We are going to try it and will let you know.

Joe
seanwjones
join:2004-10-15
UK

seanwjones to elboricua

to elboricua
CURRENT STRESS LEVEL: About to kick computer across the room and then go on murderous rampage.

HISTORY:

(a) The INFECTION

After a hard disc failure I had to rebuild my system. I installed windows xp Pro onto a new HDD, installed Norton Systemworks 2004 (which has NAV as one of its constituent elements) and then went online to download windows patches and NAV virus definition updates.

This was a huge error.

Very shortly thereafter I began to get Messenger Spam. Then my system began to fail. I would receive a message telling me that there was a problem with Lsass.exe and my system was closing itself down.

Eventually I managed to download all the updates and the messenger spam stopped. So, it seemed, did the lsass.exe difficulties.

(b) TROUBLE STARTS and FIRST ATTEMPTS TO SOLVE

NAV picked up some instances of Blaster which it could not delete. After some web research that problem was dealt with by disabling system restore, booting to safer mode and running NAV.

Then I noticed that my browser would launch on dialup connection and open a website with the now familiar rev0lt.net url. After some poking around on the internet and in Windows Task Manager I found 3 files I thought were suspicious: MSNMGR5.exe, INDEX.exe and SOUNDMAN.exe. The last of these said that it was part of my realtek sound drivers (my sound was not working) so I left it alone. I'll come back to that one.

I stopped the MSNMGR5 and INDEX.exe processes and deleted the files (INDEX.exe was sat right under c:/). This meant no more trips to rev0lt.net.

(c) STILL MORE TROUBLE

However, I found that every time I launched Firefox or IE popunder windows would launch bringing me to AOL 9.0, BT openworld and certain other ad sites. This irked me.

(d) A SOFTWARE PURCHASE BLITZ

I downloaded and registered: Webroot Spysweeper, Spyware Doctor and Ad-Aware SE plus. They each found problems but none solved the popunder issue.

I also installed Windows XP SP2 and the its patches.

WHERE I AM NOW

The popunders continue. I have found in my registry (at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run) the following

(a) MSNMGR5 REG_SZ MSNMGR5 (there is also a reference at the RunServices sub-key)
(b) REEGRUN REG_SZ c:\index.exe
(c) Soundman REG_SZ SOUNDMAN.EXE (I have uninstalled the sound drivers so I now know this has nothing to do with realtek)

There are no apparently corresponding processes visible in Task Manager.

If I delete these entries from the registry they immediately reappear. I can watch them pop back in Ad-aware or in spysweeper. This happens whether in safe mode or normal and without any new process apparently jumping into life in Task Manager.

In addition to the software mentioned above I have also thrown at it: Hijackthis (bot entries reappear immediately after being fixed), Spybot Search and Destroy (finds nothing), Stinger (found a virus and deleted but without affecting the problem) and Kapersky anti-virus (Worked impressively in that it found much that NAV had missed but did not solve my problem).

Having read messages here I have gone looking for (but failed to find) bling.exe, sys32.exe and a number of others. I did not find any. However, windows explorer now falls over everytime I run Search. My paranoia has me convinced it is being disabled by the bot.

I am also unable to receive incoming email via port 110

HELP!!!

Any suggestions short of a reformat as to what I do next?

The only other oddity I have spotted is that last time I booted, having run all the relevant software i safe mode and apparently succeeded in weeding the evil out of the registry, the problem entries instatnly reappeared. I instantly deleted them. NAV then popped up two windows telling me that the following file was waiting for a scan: "wuredir.cab.bak". I know that this nasty tries to DoS windows update. I know it is redirecting my browser and I know that it has some crazy self-helaing backup so I wondered if this might be the culprit. No doubt it isn't but I could not find any reference to the file by googling.
claudeo
join:2000-02-23
Redmond, WA

claudeo to elboricua

to elboricua
I suggest you start over, reformat and reinstall from scratch. But this time connect to the internet through a NAT/router, not directly. If you connect directly, your system is attacked and compromised the second you connected, long before the patches were downloaded and installed. Everything you do after that just compounds the problem.
seanwjones
UK

seanwjones

Bah! I knew someone would say that. I have done the necessary. 2 days of reinstalling software ahead of me now.

The world is a scary place when time to infection is a matter of seconds :-(

Sean

Dr Tweak
Chesapeake, VA

Dr Tweak

seanwjones please post a HijckThis log for us to look at.

seanwjones
UK

seanwjones

Kav,

It is all academic now. I went nuclear and reformatted my HDD. However, in the interests of science ... here is the HIjackthis log I took:

HIJACK THIS LOG:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 23:55:03, on 15/10/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SecCopy\SecCopy.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\spydoctor.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\HPSHAR~1\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG121 Configuration Utility\wlancfg8.exe
C:\Program Files\palmOne\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Jones\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.tiscali.co.uk
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AWMON] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Watch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSNMSGR5] MSNMSGR5.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REEGRUN] C:\index.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [MSNMSGR5] MSNMSGR5.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Second Copy 2000] "C:\PROGRA~1\SecCopy\SecCopy.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\spydoctor.exe" /Q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\palmOne\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ATI CATALYST System Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Smart Wizard Wireless Settings.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Research (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: SmartWhois (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: SmartWhois (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {3E68E405-C6DE-49FF-83AE-41EE9F4C36CE} (Office Update Installation Engine) - http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/content/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co...b?1095588126186
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab

CajunTek
Insane Cajun
Premium Member
join:2003-08-08
Arlington, TX

CajunTek

Premium Member

You might want to read a little bit about spywaredoctor..
»www.spywarewarrior.com/r ··· ware.htm
seanwjones
UK

seanwjones

There isn't anything about Spyware Doctor at the url you suggest other than to say I shouldn't confuse it with spydoctor (which is apparently suspect). Spyware doctor can be found at »www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/ and, so far as I can tell, is legitimate.

Sean