MacGyverDon't Waste Your EnergyPremium,ExMod 2003-05Reviews:
Have a problem? Please read this before you post
If you haven't already, please read the Sympatico FAQ before posting. Many common questions are answered there.
Please do a quick forum search to see if your question has been recently answered. You can do this by using the search box at the top of the main Sympatico forum page:
The purpose of this forum is to get help and give help. Before we can do that, we need some information from you to properly troubleshoot your issue:
1) What, specifically, is your issue?
a) Is there a specific time that this issue is most prevalent?
b) How long has this issue been going on? (days, weeks, months, etc.)
c) Has it ever worked properly before?
2) Please check your telephone(s). Are you having any service or quality issues with your phone service? (line noise or static) Try disconnecting all your phones and DSL filters and see if that makes the problem go away. Also check if your telephone line polarity is wired in reverse: »HELP - Demarc Wire color code?
3) Have you contacted 310-SURF about this problem? If so, what did they say?
4) What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve this problem on your own?
5) Info about you:
a) What is your operating system?
b) What modem do you have?
c) What is your home network setup, if any? Provide details.
d) If you have more than one computer, is the problem occuring on all other machines?
e) Are you running a firewall or router of any sort? Have you ever installed one? Did you try to bypass it during troubleshooting?
f) Please supply a traceroute from you to www.dslreports.com, unedited and in text format. (edit out your IP for privacy if you wish).
6) Please post the results of the following tests to assist us in troubleshooting. Instructions for posting the test results are listed on each test results page.
a) DSLR/BBR Speed Test
b) Tweak Test
c) Line Quality Test
7) If you are running a speed test from broadbandreports/DSLReports and you are getting poor results, please verify the results of your speed test. Please do this quick check to make sure it isn't a problem outside of the Sympatico/Bell network structure.
Please be aware that Sympatico and Bell have a policy of not assisting customers outside of its own technical support channels. All the people helping in this forum are donating their own personal time and experience to help you. Treat your fellow posters with the same respect you would expect to receive if you were in their shoes. Would you help someone who was being rude and obnoxious towards you?