Search similar:

uniqs
MustardMan
join:2003-05-22
Sealand

1 edit

MustardMan

Shaw slow as molasses today!

Anyone else noticing that Shaw is REAL slow for downloads today. Websites pop up fairly quickly like normal but downloading anything is REAL slow.

dslreports speed test gave me a rate of about 100kb/s up and down. I usually get between 1000-3000kb/s down and maybe 200kb/s up. Shaw speed test gave an average of 250kb/s up and down. Still extremely slow.

I'm located in Kelowna, BC

jbcalg
Premium Member
join:2001-10-08
Calgary, AB

1 edit

jbcalg

Premium Member

fine here, hopefully just a local glitch for you and you get back to normal speeds

2004-10-30 22:11:28 EST: 3147 / 396
Your download speed : 3222594 bps, or 3147 kbps.
A 393.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 405720 bps, or 396 kbps.
MustardMan
Sealand

MustardMan

It seems to have picked up. That slowdown WAS unusual for my area.
Gaiika
join:2004-09-03
Burnaby, BC

Gaiika to MustardMan

to MustardMan
»/speed ··· 99356223

My connection is okay today, not horrible, atleast I get a stable ping during gaming.
MustardMan
Sealand

MustardMan

My slowdowns have continued. I think it is related to the BitTorrent slowdown others are talking about. Apparently Shaw is using packet shaping to selectively limit traffic. I am noticing it on more than just BitTorrent though. Mostly Bittorrent but it seems to be effecting other things since my speed tests are also VERY slow lately.

It seems to come and go but over time it seems to be mostly staying

Nitro Fixx
join:2003-02-17
Maple Ridge, BC

Nitro Fixx

Click for full size
screen capture
said by MustardMan:

My slowdowns have continued. I think it is related to the BitTorrent slowdown others are talking about. Apparently Shaw is using packet shaping to selectively limit traffic. I am noticing it on more than just BitTorrent though. Mostly Bittorrent but it seems to be effecting other things since my speed tests are also VERY slow lately.

It seems to come and go but over time it seems to be mostly staying
Just downloaded some drivers from ATI at close to 600KB's. No problems here.
st7860
join:2004-05-13
San Francisco, CA

st7860 to MustardMan

to MustardMan
said by MustardMan:

Anyone else noticing that Shaw is REAL slow for downloads today. Websites pop up fairly quickly like normal but downloading anything is REAL slow.

dslreports speed test gave me a rate of about 100kb/s up and down. I usually get between 1000-3000kb/s down and maybe 200kb/s up. Shaw speed test gave an average of 250kb/s up and down. Still extremely slow.

I'm located in Kelowna, BC
Here in vancouver BC near boundary Rd,

downloads are 250KB a second and uploads are 50KB a second. okay speeds for the regular shaw service, but for $10/mo for extreme-i, its disgusting. extreme-i speeds are normally double.