All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AznVR4
join:2004-11-30
Brooklyn, NY

AznVR4

Help Westell Versalink 327w as a Router.

Hi i recently Upgraded my DSL and they sent me another modem/Router Right now im still using the old Modem and im running a D link router as well. What i like to do with this Router/Modem that Verizon gave me is Just use it as another Router instead of using its Full unit.
i went in to the 192.168.1.1 and i could not get in to config the settings at all.

Can i just plug in my network cable to the Versalink under the network 1 slot, like i did with my Linksys Hub to add in more ports. Or would this crash my network?

Can someone please help me

Thanks

mikepd
Discovery
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
New Port Richey, FL

mikepd

Premium Member

The default user name is admin and the default password is password. That gets you to a screen where it asks you to change the user name and confirm twice a password change. From there, you can configure the Versalink any way you want as long as you know what the settings/changes are going to do with your service.
jchung41
join:2002-10-01
Fresh Meadows, NY

1 edit

jchung41

said by mikepd:

The default user name is admin and the default password is password. That gets you to a screen where it asks you to change the user name and confirm twice a password change. From there, you can configure the Versalink any way you want as long as you know what the settings/changes are going to do with your service.
I'm at a friend's house and he just got Verizon DSL and the Westell 327w. The connection is fine but I want to be able to access the firewall.

I go to »192.168.1.1 and it brings me to a status page. I try to go to the firewall menu and it asks me for username and password. I tried what you suggested but it didnt work.

What else could the username and password be? Could verizon have shipped it out with the password already changed?
jchung41

jchung41

apparently it was shipped with the username and password changed.

I used the reset button on the back of the unit and reset the router. I entered the defaults and it asked me to change them.

I can access the router settings now.