uniqs
MMason73
Premium Member
join:2002-01-24
Marina, CA

MMason73

Premium Member

[Bug] Musicmatch 10 won't open

After doing a clean install of MusicMatch 10 on WinXP SP2 and restarting windows, I then double-clicked the desktop icon to open the program but after the splash screen appears and disappears, MusicMatch won't open. I wanted to know if others were having similar problems. I didn't have problems with version 9.x and I don't have any iTunes software install.

HellBound9
The 7 Day Theory
join:2004-10-18
Eastside

HellBound9

Re-install
MMason73
Premium Member
Marina, CA

MMason73

Premium Member

Already uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I'll just wait until 10.1 comes out.

palbri
Premium Member
join:2000-10-22
Suffield, CT

palbri to MMason73

Premium Member

to MMason73
I just updated with no problem.

Everything is working fine. This version "seems" speedier and less sluggish.

Sid5
Premium Member
join:2002-11-29
Santa Maria, CA

Sid5 to MMason73

Premium Member

to MMason73
I had a few problems myself. The splash screen would display then go away. Thats it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seemed to take care of the problem.

kringles
join:2000-11-05
Jasper, GA

kringles to MMason73

to MMason73
Did upgrade from 9 to 10 without problem so far. Got *.musicmatch.com added to IE trusted sites as mentioned in another thread.
MMason73
Premium Member
Marina, CA

1 edit

MMason73

Premium Member

The problem that Ixthus had, where the splash screen would display then go away, is exactly what happens to me. Musicmatch will load the first time you open it, but if you close it and try to open it a second time, the problem comes back.

the pitch
@swiftdsl.com.au

the pitch

Anon

Yeh, my hands up as well. Same problem with the splash screen appearing and then the program just shuts down. Version 9 works absolutely fine(after doing system restore). I have even tried totally manual uninstall and a reg clean up prior to reinstall with no luck. I have now tried reinstalling 1/2 a dozen times. I think i will give up until they fix the installer, that is where i think the problem is.

I noticed on one of my uninstalls that the majority program was left on my system after it had told me that it had been totally removed. If there are a few more people that want to start chanting "FIX THE INSTALLER, FIX THE INSTALLER" I am waiting to hear some noise.
MMason73
Premium Member
Marina, CA

MMason73

Premium Member

Right on!!!:)

Sid5
Premium Member
Santa Maria, CA

Sid5 to MMason73

Premium Member

to MMason73
Looks like there is another upgrade available. I upgraded it this morning. My problem, so far, has appeared to have gone. Its only been about a minute or so. Ill have to mess with it a bit to make sure.

howie1
Premium Member
join:2003-04-08
Antarctica

howie1

Premium Member

said by Sid5:

Looks like there is another upgrade available. I upgraded it this morning. My problem, so far, has appeared to have gone. Its only been about a minute or so. Ill have to mess with it a bit to make sure.
I show no updates... Is the above version the latest?

Sid5
Premium Member
Santa Maria, CA

Sid5

Premium Member

said by howie1:

I show no updates... Is the above version the latest?
I show the same thing as you. Not sure if the previous version was exactly the same build. I just know I downloaded 10 a few days ago. Checked for updates this morning and it installed another update. It updated something

howie1
Premium Member
join:2003-04-08
Antarctica

howie1

Premium Member

Ok, thanks!
No problems with 10 here, btw... (XP SP2).

cglc
@160.79.x.x

cglc to Sid5

Anon

to Sid5
Have had the same problem and believe it must be the insaller which gave a failed message on restart. After uninstalling and trying reinstall, would get flash screen and then nothing. Hopefully the aforementioned new upgrade version will work.
MMason73
Premium Member
Marina, CA

MMason73

Premium Member

Just installed MusicMatch 10.00.1025 and I still have the same problems. I'll just use Windows Media Player 10 until MusicMatch updates to 10.1 or higher.

lapelvis
@comcast.net

lapelvis to MMason73

Anon

to MMason73
I'm having the same install splash screen shut down issue as well. What a freakin' bummer. I'm a pain in full customer and the upgrade doesn't work. What's the deal?
MMason73
Premium Member
Marina, CA

MMason73

Premium Member

This is making me feel that Windows Media Player 10 is best for me. I just want a player that plays audio and video files. I don't need the extras. Plus, I like WMP 10's playlist editor. I use Easy CD-DA Extractor for my ripping, conversion, and cd burning needs and I use Tag&Rename for tag editing. I have the unlimited upgrades for MusicMatch and I'll keep the key just in case I ever think about going back.

alphadog54
@cox.net

alphadog54

Anon

Same problem. Plus since I own a Dell Jukebox MP3 I can only load musci via Musicmatch. So I'm dead in the water until I get this figured out.
MMason73
Premium Member
Marina, CA

1 edit

MMason73

Premium Member

Hey Alphadog, check out »www.redchairsoftware.com. They make software for different MP3 players. I use Notmad Explorer for my Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen and I love it. They have software for Dell, iPod, Rio, Creative, and iRiver. I think they have a trial version of the software.
irishblend
join:2004-12-29

irishblend

I have the same problem with Version 8.2. It worked fine with XP SP2 until last week. Any one have some more ideas?
irishblend

1 recommendation

irishblend to MMason73

to MMason73
I got my Musicmatch working again. First I uninstalled using add/remove programs, Second I deleted all entries left in the registry using regedit, find (Musicmatch), right clicked and deleted, F3 to repeat, Third I deleted the Musicmatch directory, Last I re-installed.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.
referman
Premium Member
join:2005-01-08
21784-7650

referman to MMason73

Premium Member

to MMason73
Exactly the same problem, asked for tech support but as of yet have received none. Like you I have gone back to using Windows Media player. Windows XP SP2 Professional, NOD32 anti virus software, ZoneAlarm Pro, Web Root spy sweeper, Pest Patrol. Frustrating!
MMason73
Premium Member
Marina, CA

MMason73

Premium Member

Windows Media Player 10 works for me. I like the easy controls, the library management, easy access to settings, and easy playlist editor. I am giving up on Musicmatch unless Microsoft screws up WMP 10 or Musicmatch becomes an all-in-one media player for audio and video and gets high marks from a high percentage of users.

canoe-guy
@attbi.com

canoe-guy to MMason73

Anon

to MMason73
I have been a Musicmatch Plus user for at least 4-5 years now, and tonight I made the mistake of trying to download their new 10 version. I got the same issue as everyone on this thread: a 3 second MM10 splash screen, and the program would never load. Frustrated, I read every thread on this web site and every site I could find, removing every mmjb, mmfw, and musicmatch file from registry, uninstalling-installing, deleting, over and over again... for about 7 hours!!!!

I finally gave up! But luckily I found a copy of Musicmatch 9 on a pier-to-pier network, and it worked the first time!

Musicmatch 10 can kiss my @55!!!! If you have not upgraded to 10 yet... DON'T DO IT!!!!!

TheVoodoo
@vie.surfer.at

TheVoodoo

Anon

same problem here, there is no workaround I also tried all possible issues. Hope they get this shit fixed soon

theblonde07
Premium Member
join:2002-04-28
Piney Creek, NC

theblonde07 to MMason73

Premium Member

to MMason73
I am having problems also with V 10. I upgraded from V. 7. Will my V 10 key work with V 9? If so....could someone IM me and send me a copy please. Thanks!

Anyone else noticed that the FAQ on their site is mostly about V 9......things must be going all to hell after the yahoo buyout.
losman07764
join:2005-01-24
West Long Branch, NJ

losman07764 to MMason73

to MMason73
Yes, I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one! This thing is driving me crazy. Every other version was fine, I wasn't going to upgrade but the annoying pop-ups finally made me cave in.

Initialization screen pops up then just pops off and nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carlos

mroe
@bellsouth.net

mroe to MMason73

Anon

to MMason73
anyone know where i can get a copy of musicmatch 9? not a big fan of itunes and hoping to use some other software to manage my 20 gb ipod. any other ideas? thanks

palbri
Premium Member
join:2000-10-22
Suffield, CT

palbri

Premium Member

I don't think MusicMatch works with IPOD. I have the IPOD mini and it isn't supported.

Real does work! I use Real sometimes to manage my files between IPOD and system.

There are other choices as well that you can find at IpodLounge.